Growing Ops Presents: GDP Meets the Relatives! - Scrog Run in 100% Coco

Dude that absolutely sucks about those beans. I have yet to experience a problem germinating and pray I never do. I am sure the bank will get this resolved. ;)

That was an excellent way to handle it.

Yea I figured Im not going to try to get over on them. And I dont want to prolong this journal any longer due to them sending me 1 email a day trying to see if I was lying or not. So I figure lets just get straight to the point. I would like to grow some GDP got damnit lol :)

Dude that absolutely sucks about those beans. I have yet to experience a problem germinating and pray I never do. I am sure the bank will get this resolved. ;)

Yea it blows. I have all this new stuff and it would suck that I cant grow any new strains dealing with these ungerminating beans. I mean I have the old starins still in veg but I need my $100+ dollars worth to grow. Thats why I want to start breeding Im not trying to keep going threw seed banks. So I made my 20 different strains purchase and hopefully that will be all I will ever have to purchase again from seed banks. Breeding is in my future :)

WOW! thanks just the type of deal I was looking for. Thanks Jon! This grow will be the best with all you helping out. Best thing about having reunions :)

I am using these right now, and I hate them. They are also called smart pots. They don't drain worth crap. I had to cut holes in the bottom so I could see the 25% run off, without having to wait an hour. They are pretty much the same thing as those new shopping bags you can buy, but with bottom that opens up. Pieces of crap, IMO.

That is why I am going to use airpots. Sure, they are a bit pricey, but they last a long time.

I would want to reuse a fabric pot because of bacteria and such. Would be hard to sterilise. And they suck.

They are also a bit of a pain to move around. You have to cut slits in them if you want to do LST. Airpots make LST a breeze because those holes are already there. Also airpots have a 2 inch or so bottom gap to allow air flow underneath, so you don't have to prop them up on something, like the railraod tracks I built for my fabric pots.

You can try them. Some people might dig 'em.

Sorry, one more thing. The two plants I have coco mixed with grow rocks (larger hydroton, basically) take forever to dry out. So they claim these let in a lot of air, but get this. The ones with coco in them stay wet for a week, easy.

Sorry, one more thing. The two plants I have coco mixed with grow rocks (larger hydroton, basically) take forever to dry out. So they claim these let in a lot of air, but get this. The ones with coco in them stay wet for a week, easy.

How big are your plants and the size of the pot? My plants dry super fast to me. I water them every other day. There in 8oz cups right now. But the one I have in flower Is in a 5 gallon and that also gets watered every 5 days. I could water morer often but I like myu plants to be nice and hungry when I feed them. Maybe the root system isnt big enough yet to drink up all the water and how are youtr temps and RH? I keep my room temps at 85. I like them to be higher temps for co2 and they photosynthesize alot more

As for the air pots or smart pots Ill be setting up a feeding pump so I wouldnt be hand watering them any way. Depending on how long it takes for 3L run threw will depend on how long the pump will run for. I say 3L 3x a day. So ill be using coco croutons for more aeration

Well, you've seen the recent picture of the two NL with LST. They extend 4x3 feet wide. I am just letting them start to grow upwards now. Even those two go 4 days before they get light, and that is after I cut the holes in the bottom for fast draining. Before I cut the holes, it would take an hour or longer just to see the runoff into the trays. Now it takes like three minutes.

I know in an airpot, soil and coco dry out so much faster because they are getting lots of air. I can't imagine that much air is getting through these fabric pots considering how long it takes them to dry.

That is, to test good air flow in a pot, just put medium in it, no plants, and see how long it takes to dry and get light.

If you do use the fabric pots, I recommend cutting at least one drain hole to about the side of a pencil.

I keep my temps between 72-77 now that the PM is gone. I was keeping it 77-80. I only just added a DIY co2 maker. I have 1 gallon with an airlock making wine. I wrote about it on my journal. The grower at my local hydro store says the way I have it set up should bring the ppm of co2 to 600 instead of the normal 200-300. I have an air hose connected to it running over the top of the plants, with holes drilled in it.

Yea Im still iffy about the smart pots, I want to go with air pots but I need them in bulk. Trying to find something cheap like $5 for atleast a 3gal. I wonder if it would be the same just as drilling holes into a bucket or flower pots period? You should let your temps go up a little. When doing this though you cant over fertilize your plants because they will drink it up to fast and then will cause nute burn. If you do try this out since you like to run test. Just drop your RH around 40%. Are you using any mycorrhizae? I just picked up some Great White that will help also

My RH has been staying around 40. Yeah, I run the Mykos brand of that fungi. Much cheaper than great white, same fungi.

The problem is, I have no idea how useful they are because I am using GH 3-part flora series, which is not organic. The hydro guy said it will kill the fungi, but not sure how true that is. I know running h202 will kill it.

Remember that one video where the guy got more than a lb off one trainwreck? He used 100% rockwool in a regular, I think 5 gallon pot, with holes in the bottom as they come. Those are cheap.

He watered three times a day, if I recall.

Yea Im still iffy about the smart pots, I want to go with air pots but I need them in bulk. Trying to find something cheap like $5 for atleast a 3gal. I wonder if it would be the same just as drilling holes into a bucket or flower pots period? You should let your temps go up a little. When doing this though you cant over fertilize your plants because they will drink it up to fast and then will cause nute burn. If you do try this out since you like to run test. Just drop your RH around 40%. Are you using any mycorrhizae? I just picked up some Great White that will help also[/QUOT/]
these are 5.50 a piece bro thats the cheapest ive seen.
Superoots Air-Pots - Plant Growing Containers for root pruning and root aeration
same link I post a page or two ago:)

That's sweet ..... are you popping them in rapid rooters??

Back
Top Bottom