Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Day 85, Day 50 from flip

The biggest girl is turning a bit lighter shade of green. Her buds are hardening. I think she's telling me she's getting close to done. Humidity has come back up in the closet and is in the mid 40's. I'm happier with that. Back right girl has some super hairy buds that are still loaded with pointy white pistils. Her nugs are more like golf balls and are very hard. Might get some grenades from her by the time it's over. The blooms on front right are still smaller. She's weeks behind everyone else and will be the bane of my existence when I'll be wanting to start the next round.

I would go look, but there's a lot of pages, lol... are all 4 girls the same strain? :hmmmm::hmmmm:

Day 81, Day 46 from flip

Woke up last night in the middle of the night and checked on the girls. They were extremely dry and the biggest was a little wilted. Had to pull them all out and water at 1:30AM. Not what you want to have to do on your night off. Gave them a gallon of tap plus 2 gallons of 6/5/5 each.

Well shit bro even still alil later on watering wnt hurt em 2 bad. They look like they never skipped a beat bro congrats lookn gud. My mandarin cookies loves the mega crop nutes she is jus flourishing in the flower tent. She is responding to the nutes so gud i started like 3 or 4 clones jus to make sure i keep a full tent of gud bud going :laugh:. My RLT is still havn issues if my other veg girls catch up soon here i mite jus pop them in there an yank the RLT. So off to finish an catch up in the journal but so far girls are lookn gud congrats.
Day 83, Day 48 from Flip

I can't get the humidity where I want it. If I don't vent to outside it runs in the mid 60's. If I vent to outside, it's around 30%. I added a humidifier this AM to see if I could get it up about 10 points. No dice. I guess it is what it is from here on out. Plants are showing a tiny bit of tip burn so I'll back off to 5/5/5 for the next feeding. Guess they are starting to slow down.

Dam bro the girls are lookn on point nice fat nuggets u got there congrats. I wonder what they will yield for u for a dry weight. Whatever it is its guna be some greats meds u got there nice job bro. Bout how long u thinking u guna let em keep going?

I would go look, but there's a lot of pages, lol... are all 4 girls the same strain? :hmmmm::hmmmm:

They are all Purple Urkle.

Dam bro the girls are lookn on point nice fat nuggets u got there congrats. I wonder what they will yield for u for a dry weight. Whatever it is its guna be some greats meds u got there nice job bro. Bout how long u thinking u guna let em keep going?

I'm hoping for 20oz. Much under that and I don't consider it a good grow. I'm really not sure though. The front right girl is far behind and needs to fatten quite a bit. She might be the frostiest but there's no real size to the buds. I'm guessing it might be another 3 weeks until they are all done, sooner for some, later for others.

Day 92, Day 57 from flip

Kind of a shitty AM. Came home to feed the girls. The big girl was supporting her own weight until I started carrying her to the tub. Half way there branches started falling over left and right. Both the branches from the top node fell over, splitting the main stem down to the next node. Broke out some bamboo stakes and duct tape. Normally wouldn't use duct tape, but I wanted something that really stuck and I'm so close to the finish, I'm not worried about restricting the stalk that much. Hopefully the top two colas make it. I'm already concerned I'm not going to yield what I'd like, and if I loose the final swell on those colas its gonna hurt the harvest even more. Front left is about ready to harvest. Hoping she goes until Monday when I'm off. She's 100% cloudy and I'd like to see some amber (10-20%). Her buds aren't as firm as the back right, so I'm not sure what she'll net. Really the grow has been trouble free and they've looked good the whole way (or at least after that one week it was cold and then I bought the heater). I just don't think this is a great strain for yield. I'm hoping its great quality. If I have anything on my side, it's that every time I'm pissed about yield, or have a plant I say I'll never grow again, it makes me eat my words. The Triple Cheese I complained about yield, which wasn't great, but it's my favorite to date. The Ice Cool was small too, and a major bitch to trim. Said it was never gonna see my tent again. It turned out to be the wife's favorite until Blue Dream'matic and then surpassed by the Triple Cheese. So I guess there's hope. The seeds are in for the next run (and then some) so I'm itching to get these things gone and start anew.

I’m subbing up to your journal far side. Might be moving out to your neck of the woods this year.

Welcome! I'll be starting a fresh batch of autos here in a couple weeks, After spending 40 years in the left armpit of Lake Erie, SE TN is a nice place to be.

Welcome! I'll be starting a fresh batch of autos here in a couple weeks, After spending 40 years in the left armpit of Lake Erie, SE TN is a nice place to be.

Nice bro. I will let you know when I am out that way maybe meet one day. wont be until summer most likely.

I'm about 10 days behind you, your plants look great! What size bags are they in?

Well I haven't chopped yet. I really want to find a balance in humidity before I cut them. Looking for 45-55% in the closet for drying. It was 20% this AM. Turned off the extraction fan and it shot to 70%. Rerouted the fan so it doesn't vent to outside and just recirculates. 55% this evening. If that stays relatively stable, I'll chop. Probably can regulate it down some more by chopping and removing the two moist pots from the tent. Then if it needs to come up I can run the humidifier. Trying to nail the drying process better than I've done in the past. I've never tried to control the environment, I just let it be what it was, and some bud has dried quicker and probably lost some terps.

Is this because you're drying them in the same environment? As soon as you cut them down you have changed one of the major variables. But you already know that so there must be another reason...

Yes, they hang in the same closet as the tent to confine smell. Also the rest of the house is extremely dry in the winter, so by confining to the closet I can attempt to control the humidity. If I just put them in the main back bedroom I doubt I could raise the humidity enough.

For curing, I'm gonna try something a bit different this time too. Rather than Mason jars I bought three 2 gallon buckets with lids that have gaskets. That and some Bovida pack. Gonna use them as bucket humidors.

Back
Top Bottom