Gummy recipe with good shelf life

Heraldo

I've made gummies a few times, but after a few weeks they end up either rock hard or moldy. Haven't tried in a while because of it.
Anyone have a recipe that won't end up being a waste?
Maybe some pointers on what I've been doing wrong?

Do you keep them in fridge? Not sure on how made as my Sister one who makes them, but stored in fridge they seem to last a month or more. I'll ask her next time how she does it or if she has a recipe kind of thing, think they use tinctures she does with the everclear alcohol kind of extraction, but I'm not sure on that.

The recipe I've been using is with coconut oil. I store them in the fridge, but if I put them in an airtight container they get moldy after a while and when I leave them in the tray I make them in they end up getting hard.
Seeing how long your sisters last I think I just underestimated how long they stay fresh. I'm used to making cookies that last pretty much forever in the fridge.

I've just made my first batch with coconut oil but they haven't been around long enough to get either hard or moldy.

I've seen three different coatings that help keep them separated in the jar and supposedly to help them last longer; an edible wax, corn starch and a sugar/citric acid mix that gives them a sour tang. That last one is what I'll try next round.

I have used LorAnn gummy mix when making my edibles. It's an all in one package gummy mix just follow the instructions.. I use this and 2 cups of my infused coconut oil for 90 gummy's that pack quite a punch - use a electric mixer to combine the oil and gelatin mix before putting into molds..

And I find using a metal turkey baster is best for getting mixture into mold with minimal mess - I also use a double boiler to keep mix fluid while pouring...

Happy Growing
MotaMan

I've just made my first batch with coconut oil but they haven't been around long enough to get either hard or moldy.

I've seen three different coatings that help keep them separated in the jar and supposedly to help them last longer; an edible wax, corn starch and a sugar/citric acid mix that gives them a sour tang. That last one is what I'll try next round.
When I tried that, they got super sticky due to humidity so I suggest having some of those little packets like they have in pill bottles.

When I tried that, they got super sticky due to humidity so I suggest having some of those little packets like they have in pill bottles.
The sugar/citric acid mix seems to be working great. I left the gummies in their molds in the fridge 24 hours, then rolled them in the mix then stored them in a jar in the freezer. But it was winter time with its corresponding low humidity levels so it'll be interesting to see if I have your experience this summer.

With a little tweak to the LorAnn gummy recipe I can pour 90 large gummys. Pop them out of the mold and let them air dry for a day.. Then just pop them into a wax paper lined plastic container and either freeze or refrigerate.... Take out what ya need for the day or company and allow to thaw - just like they were poured that day...

Happy Growing
MotaMan

Back
Top Bottom