Happy House - First Autoflower Medical Grow - Indoor

In March and May, my state is going to have a seminar on Marijuana and the laws, what you need to know to work in a dispensary, growing tips, etc. They are $250 each. I was wondering if anyone has attended seminars like this and if it is worth the $250. My son and his fiance want to get jobs in the cannabis industry and they are trying to find ways to make themselves stand out. I think this would be something that might do that, but don't want to waste money on it if it really isn't. Thoughts?

Today's report:

PH - 5.8

Day 35 for 2 Northern Lights (Beuhla and Thumbalina), 1 Amnesia Haze (Claire), 1 Blueberry (Misty)
Day 28 for 1 Blueberry (Thomasina)

Thomasina
Thomasina_2_1292017.JPG

Thomasina_1292017.JPG

Misty
Misty_2_1292017.JPG

Misty_1292017.JPG

Claire
Claire_1292017.JPG

Claire_2_1292017.JPG

Thumbalina
Thumbalina_2_1292017.JPG

Thumbalina_1292017.JPG

Beuhla
Beuhla_2_1292017.JPG

Beuhla_1292017.JPG

Tucked the leaves that were blocking. I'm giving them some time to get their legs and stretch a bit.

In March and May, my state is going to have a seminar on Marijuana and the laws, what you need to know to work in a dispensary, growing tips, etc. They are $250 each. I was wondering if anyone has attended seminars like this and if it is worth the $250. My son and his fiance want to get jobs in the cannabis industry and they are trying to find ways to make themselves stand out. I think this would be something that might do that, but don't want to waste money on it if it really isn't. Thoughts?
Hmmm haven't worked in the industry, yet.... people I know that do have told me its not what you know but who you know. Most bud tenders are kinda a joke, imho. But they probably went to seminar to get their job so what do I know

Hmmm haven't worked in the industry, yet.... people I know that do have told me its not what you know but who you know. Most bud tenders are kinda a joke, imho. But they probably went to seminar to get their job so what do I know

Well I find that with everything. The kids will get more knowledge from us growing than any seminar but they can put the seminar on a piece of paper. I guess we'll see if it is worth it in the long run. They will probably walk in knowing more than most people there just from being around it. .

Also, trying to decide what to grow next. I think I want some white widow but I also want to try some fruity indica and maybe some Malawi. What are your favorites?
Anything fruity skunky and purple

I like gods gift a lot!

I do also like diesel and fuel like strains a lot! Really anything that has a lot of flavor and aroma I'm all about!

And btw your plants are looking really Nice! Very green and lush nice form, well done

Hidy Ho ya'all!

Fairly tired, busy day at work, so this will be a quick update. The girls are getting big. I ponytailed them a bit to get light to bud sites so any sad leaves is due to that.

First up is Thumbalina
Thumbalina_12112017.JPG

Here is Thomasina
Thomasina_12112017.JPG

Misty
Misty_12112017.JPG

Claire - Her top was heavy enough to drag it over so gave her a little bit of support.
Claire_12112017.JPG

Beuhla
Beuhla_12112017.JPG

The new update are 3 little clones of King Louis XIII.

IMG_207037.JPG

IMG_206834.JPG

IMG_206536.JPG

They got watered today with some nutes. They came to me in pro-mix, but I will transplant them into coco once they are ready for a bigger pot. I'm told they will look worse before they look better. I have NO idea what I am doing with these. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Happy days!

I'd recommend cloning for dummies thread I can grab it for ya guys like reaching out to help in there

Can you put a storage tub over them? They need high humidity levels. And misting once or twice daily

Quick update without pics today. My son and his fiancé are having some major issues and we currently don't have anything on hand or money to buy them anything to medicate with. At least hopefully in about a month we won't have this issue anymore. Just need to spend some extra time as a psychologist and keep them off the ledge.

Clones are doing well. They didn't seem to like being under the milk jugs but we are misting them multiple times a day. They seem to be growing some new growth. The girls are getting big and I think are very close to starting to show bud. I'm anxious to see those little cotton balls!

Ok just caught up! So much I wanted to comment on in the early days but almost all of it is water under the bridge now (over the dam?). The plants look great so any comments are just an attempt to help you with the early stages of your next grow. Please pardon the wall of text. I have lots to say!

Prefaced by the disclaimer that I am no expert, have only two (ok 1 7/8) grows under my belt, but all autos and all 420. And much reading, research, and discussions with growers on this site. Feel free to ignore any and all of this :). Now to my stream of consciousness:

First one is that you got a PPM meter and I can only recall seeing you list your PPM once or twice. In case you're not doing it, PPM in should be measured with every watering so you can hit the numbers recommended either by your nute manufacturer or another schedule that's been recommended to you. It will make sure that the plants get what they need in each stage of the grow. PPM of runoff will tell you whether your plants are using what you give them or there is build-up in the soil. Which gets me to...

Watering to runoff is the way to make sure that all of your roots get water. Watering slowly in a ring toward the outside of the pot when they are young will encourage root growth to spread and fill the coco with a healthy root ball. I'm not a coco grower but I have never been able to get a scientific explanation as to why some people give their plants just 1 liter or something. How do they know which roots are getting fed?

LST should be started really early and there's no reason to untie them. You want to tie one branch and then the next one and the next. When you start to lay them flat early you can make them grow in a circle around the pot and get a nice even canopy, all the same distance from the light. The idea you had with the pipe cleaner at the base is a good one, but that needs to be lifted about an inch off the soil to make sure that there is no strain on the roots. I use a rock to keep that tie elevated and some people just use a rock and bend it over that with no tie. Good LST usually prevents the need for ponytailing. Which gets me to...

I've never done it, but as I recall, ponytailing is usually used on the top most growth and only for 6-8 hours at a time. It's a trade off between getting light to the undergrowth and preventing light from getting to the new growth.

Leaf tucking is better than defoliation. Leaves are the engine of the plant, so only take off the ones that you can't tuck or that are restricting airflow which promotes mold growth. Unless you are doing a technique like lollipopping which has its own justifications.

RH in veg should be much higher and I wonder if a regular vaporizer ($11 at target) used in moderation would be effective without having to buy an expensive humidifier. Vaporizers also produce sterile water vapor so there's nothing growing in the mist. Maybe an hour on and a few hours off...just making this up.

Anyway, I'm here (wish you never posted in my journal? ;)) and I'll see what I can help with for the flowering part of the grow. I hope you got some sleep tonight. I'll be up very late helping my procrastinating 15 year old on a project due (when else?) tomorrow!

Ok just caught up! So much I wanted to comment on in the early days but almost all of it is water under the bridge now (over the dam?). The plants look great so any comments are just an attempt to help you with the early stages of your next grow. Please pardon the wall of text. I have lots to say!

Prefaced by the disclaimer that I am no expert, have only two (ok 1 7/8) grows under my belt, but all autos and all 420. And much reading, research, and discussions with growers on this site. Feel free to ignore any and all of this :). Now to my stream of consciousness:

First one is that you got a PPM meter and I can only recall seeing you list your PPM once or twice. In case you're not doing it, PPM in should be measured with every watering so you can hit the numbers recommended either by your nute manufacturer or another schedule that's been recommended to you. It will make sure that the plants get what they need in each stage of the grow. PPM of runoff will tell you whether your plants are using what you give them or there is build-up in the soil. Which gets me to...

Watering to runoff is the way to make sure that all of your roots get water. Watering slowly in a ring toward the outside of the pot when they are young will encourage root growth to spread and fill the coco with a healthy root ball. I'm not a coco grower but I have never been able to get a scientific explanation as to why some people give their plants just 1 liter or something. How do they know which roots are getting fed?

LST should be started really early and there's no reason to untie them. You want to tie one branch and then the next one and the next. When you start to lay them flat early you can make them grow in a circle around the pot and get a nice even canopy, all the same distance from the light. The idea you had with the pipe cleaner at the base is a good one, but that needs to be lifted about an inch off the soil to make sure that there is no strain on the roots. I use a rock to keep that tie elevated and some people just use a rock and bend it over that with no tie. Good LST usually prevents the need for ponytailing. Which gets me to...

I've never done it, but as I recall, ponytailing is usually used on the top most growth and only for 6-8 hours at a time. It's a trade off between getting light to the undergrowth and preventing light from getting to the new growth.

Leaf tucking is better than defoliation. Leaves are the engine of the plant, so only take off the ones that you can't tuck or that are restricting airflow which promotes mold growth. Unless you are doing a technique like lollipopping which has its own justifications.

RH in veg should be much higher and I wonder if a regular vaporizer ($11 at target) used in moderation would be effective without having to buy an expensive humidifier. Vaporizers also produce sterile water vapor so there's nothing growing in the mist. Maybe an hour on and a few hours off...just making this up.

Anyway, I'm here (wish you never posted in my journal? ;)) and I'll see what I can help with for the flowering part of the grow. I hope you got some sleep tonight. I'll be up very late helping my procrastinating 15 year old on a project due (when else?) tomorrow!

Thank you so much for all your info! Super wonderful! and I will take it all to heart! Don't you love kids? They make your life so.....we'll call it eventful. .

Back
Top Bottom