Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Thanks N! :) I do have them up on some cement blocks. Ironically purple kush is still on the floor (on a trivet). Is it possible the cement is making the roots too cold?
That is a possibility I have those interlocking foam mats under my tent as a thermal break between the plants and the concrete floor in my garage where my tents are set up.

The tent is in my bedroom closet on carpet, so I’d think it would be okay, lol I have those workout mats under it too! Nice sturdy surface. I’ll go in and feel them and see how warm/cool it feels. The lights go out from 10-2, so I’m not 100% sure how cold it really gets in there during that time. As for taking a soil temp, do you think a candy thermometer would work?

I have no idea. You could try. I use a digital meat thermometer.
Ok cool, it should work then. I think the candy thermometer is pretty accurate. Just seems weird. :D

On the cold front (see what I did there?), the concrete absorbs the moisture from the pot, the fan is aimed down low, evaporation is a cooling process, hence the concrete could be making the coco cold!

Also, something open is better for airflow around the pot than something solid. Even four short 2x4's under the outside edges would allow airflow underneath.

I look forward to the candy thermometer report! Try to measure the temps all levels of the coco.

I went in just before lights out and took out the blocks. They were cool to the touch, so I want to see if it helps our cause here. I’m having flashbacks to the last time I grew autos and they seeded themselves. :eek: I can’t have a redemption run if I can’t make these ladies happy stat, stat means now!! Hopefully they will have some pep in their step tomorrow morning.

High Heavenly, I wish I had a solution for the OG’s :hmmmm: but on the heat measuring thing, I use one of these (this one in fact!)
378CF5C7-FF91-47E5-97BA-AF29BF826487.jpeg

A tip from @Archiweedies in his VPD thread.

I can check the temperature of everything - it’s a great toy! :D Was also not very spendy. I use it check the temp of my decarb’ing bud and oil infusions too ;)

see what I did there?
:D

High Heavenly, I wish I had a solution for the OG’s :hmmmm: but on the heat measuring thing, I use one of these (this one in fact!)
378CF5C7-FF91-47E5-97BA-AF29BF826487.jpeg

A tip from @Archiweedies in his VPD thread.

I can check the temperature of everything - it’s a great toy! :D Was also not very spendy. I use it check the temp of my decarb’ing bud and oil infusions too ;)

:D
That does look like a handy little toy! Thanks Amy, I’ll check it out.

I checked on the girls this morning and #1 still has some droop, but there’s more lift in her leaves. OG #2 is looking back to normal. I’m starting to think the cold at night (plus the cold of the blocks) was the culprit. I thought it would be fine since I used them in the summer with no issues, but obviously that wasn’t right. I’ve looked into the plant lifters that Dutchman has, but they want like $11 each on Amazon. #nothappening
I’d rather go get a giant drip tray table for nearly the same cost! Bah, maybe I’ll have to settle for some 2x4 blocks as Shed suggested, for now.

I checked on the girls this morning and #1 still has some droop, but there’s more lift in her leaves. OG #2 is looking back to normal. I’m starting to think the cold at night (plus the cold of the blocks) was the culprit. I thought it would be fine since I used them in the summer with no issues, but obviously that wasn’t right. I’ve looked into the plant lifters that Dutchman has, but they want like $11 each on Amazon. #nothappening
I’d rather go get a giant drip tray table for nearly the same cost! Bah, maybe I’ll have to settle for some 2x4 blocks as Shed suggested, for now.

Yup, be resourceful and find a solution without paying money. It shouldn't be to hard to look around the house and find some new lifters.
Check behind your local grocery store for discarded milk crates.
:passitleft:

Yup, be resourceful and find a solution without paying money. It shouldn't be to hard to look around the house and find some new lifters.
Check behind your local grocery store for discarded milk crates.
:passitleft:
Thanks Bobby, time to get creative. Gotta go take my creativity booster medicine!! :bongrip:

Damn cold! I just had the cold affect some newly sprouted autos. It’s just got stupid cold at night here - which its not supposed to do in December (like your June). One has gone into flower at the 3rd node, before even getting a 5bladed leaf :eek: I’ll probably pull it. Looks ridiculous!

Precarious outdoor autos aside, I was dropping by to tell you that my summer grow is up and running and all are welcome and invited! Link in my sig :surf:

Damn cold! I just had the cold affect some newly sprouted autos. It’s just got stupid cold at night here - which its not supposed to do in December (like your June). One has gone into flower at the 3rd node, before even getting a 5bladed leaf :eek: I’ll probably pull it. Looks ridiculous!

Precarious outdoor autos aside, I was dropping by to tell you that my summer grow is up and running and all are welcome and invited! Link in my sig :surf:
Thanks for the journal link! I’ve been missing seeing your beautiful pictures of down unda (and plants too ;) )

An early flowering auto outside? Unheard of!
:laughtwo:
I’m wondering tho’, do you think it’s possibly maybe just not enough light that makes them flower early outside sometimes? Last year i had ones that gave me 3 weeks before pistils, but these ones have started at day 15 :rolleyes: :laughtwo: . I had been giving them extra light hours morning and night but then that stopped happening for one or two days - maybe that did it. But i thought they were indifferent to light. They’re autos tho - so as you say. We can’t really know.

Back
Top Bottom