Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

now I’m wondering if the results are different for CBD, opposed to THC.***
CBD takes longer to decarb than THC, but infusing it into oil is the same from what I've read and my own experience.

By the way, good luck on your Candida harvest! :circle-of-love:

I’ve got my new MB machine from the lovely @Virgin Ground, so it’s all coming together quite nicely timing-wise.
Anything for you my sweet.
Luckily ,I had five of them.
My kid has two and so do I.
Gotta have a back up.
About a month ago, she reported back that this last batch of oil worked BETTER than previous oils. :eek: Knock me over with a feather, I was shocked. I started double running it because of a post from dynamo (I think), now I’m wondering if the results are different for CBD, opposed to THC.***
The last oil run I did was a short run without lecithin. Previously I ran mine for 2x8 hr runs just like you.

This last batch is devastating. Could be the strain ( regularly tests at between 22-25% thc) I used but I think the short run may have had something to do with it as well.

better off with GeoFlora Bloom in flower than the GG 2-8-4. Actually, GeoFlora Veg is good all through harvest at 5-3-4, and they recommend some Terp in flower with it and I do too!
What Shed said - my instinct is that the existing living soil would be happier with this.
reported back that this last batch of oil worked BETTER than previous oils. :eek: Knock me over with a feather, I was shocked.

The last oil run I did was a short run without lecithin. Previously I ran mine for 2x8 hr runs just like you.

This last batch is devastating. Could be the strain ( regularly tests at between 22-25% thc) I used but I think the short run may have had something to do with it as well.
Similar experiences here over the last year or so.
I’ve stopped using lecithin too o_O:eek: as it became hard to procure at any quality and was seeming to lessen the shelf life of the oils. We are liking the clearness without it and finding the oils perfectly excellent. I use an Ardent machine these days - but the infusion is similar in MB. Their (Ardent) testing has showed extraction-infusion occurs quite quickly. In any case - I give my mash to a friend with a pain condition to make cookies with so nothing is wasted anyhoo:love:
:passitleft::green_heart:

Similar experiences here over the last year or so.
I’ve stopped using lecithin too o_O:eek: as it became hard to procure at any quality and was seeming to lessen the shelf life of the oils. We are liking the clearness without it and finding the oils perfectly excellent. I use an Ardent machine these days - but the infusion is similar in MB. Their (Ardent) testing has showed extraction-infusion occurs quite quickly. In any case - I give my mash to a friend with a pain condition to make cookies with so nothing is wasted anyhoo:love:
Fantastic to see you, Amy!

I'm going to try the short cycle again next time make oil. I actually followed the MB2 instructions sans the lecithin.
My old stuff was expired and I didn't want to wait for more.
I figured that I could always order some and add it later. Now I'm wondering if I need it at all.
My two strongest batches were without that addition.

I keep my canna pulp/mash in my oil. I use it to make desserts most of the time. In my mind, if I keep it in the oil I'm receiving some sort of entourage effect that I may not get otherwise. I feel like I throwing something out that I shouldn't necessarily. But this is all in my head.
Anyway, I'm used to my cookies with it in them now. I can strain some of the oil at any time if I should need to.

Soooo.....If you or anybody else knows of any reason that I shouldn't do this, let me know.
A thought sparked in my head that maybe it goes bad faster with all of the plant matter?

How long does your oil stay 'fresh' for?
Truly, I have not been keeping track of mine like I should. No idea how old some of my jars are because I'm an idiot and I don't put dates on them.
I do a sniff test and hope for the best.

Great to see you again, Amy!
I miss you and your gorgeous pics of Aus.

Hey all! Please forgive my lil absence, I’ve been on caretaker duties. Candida wasn’t the only thing getting snipped, if you know what I mean... 😵 But both patients are doing well. Candida is hanging whole to dry, not quite done yet. Here she is
IMG_3568.jpeg

One of the arms actually broke off when I was trying to hang her up.
IMG_3571.jpeg

The arm is the one up front. She was a crazy armed beast! So glad she’s done. I pulled out the watering system too, so cleaning that all up is next on the to do list.

And now, some Shed style replies
that Candida looks like a bit of a pain to trim---soooo many little buds... :oops:
It was Carcass! It really was… I recently stated a subscription to a music app and it’s made stuff like that go by so much better for me. I probably should’ve gotten it a long time ago!
Nice Candida! She made lots of good bud! Happy harvesting!
Thanks so much Stone! :love:
Congrats on the Candida harvest! The upside is that you don't need to trim if most of it's going to oil.
Thanks Shed, and that’s exactly what I did - just removing fan leaves took foooreeeverr! After it’s dried, I just cut the bigger tops and set them aside for smoking and then I just strip the popcorny buds off the stems with my fingers, like rosemary. They pop right off, straight into a turkey bag. It’s a huge time/effort saver.
I think you're better off with GeoFlora Bloom in flower than the GG 2-8-4.
Well crud! It’s already shipped!
Maybe a bit of that high N top dress if you're worried about it,
Lol, I already did! Nothing has seemed to happen so far, but it’s only been a couple of days.
@Derbybud came up with the duplicate MB run theory after his discovery here.
That’s who it was!! I was struggling to remember who, I knew I could count on you Shed. :love:
So are you thinking less is more with CBD?
It sure seems that way. More testing needed tho. I’m also only letting it “steep” overnight and not in the fridge. If I remember right, Derby left it sitting for weeks.
CBD takes longer to decarb than THC
Interesting! What time/temp are you using for your CBD?
By the way, good luck on your Candida harvest! :circle-of-love:
🥰 Thanks Beez!
This last batch is devastating.
:love: Good to know! I think I’m doing it that way for the next few batches to see what’s what.

I give my mash to a friend with a pain condition to make cookies with
That is a genius idea Amy! I could totally make some sort of dog treat with the mash for them too! I can’t believe it didn’t dawn on me before. :idea:

One last bit of update, I weighed and jarred up OG at 60% and her total was 97g. Seems to be the average weight coming out of that soil. Last harvests were in that same 90’s range for the most part too.

All righty grow buddies, that’s about it! I hope all is well with you and your gardens be green! :love:

Congrats on your harvests! :bravo:
Interesting! What time/temp are you using for your CBD?
Well, that's a question I can't really answer, because like Amy, I also use the Ardent unit for all my decarbs. I just put my weed into the little unit, press the button and come back approx. 2hrs later and the cycle is complete. According to their studies using the original unit which I have, one cycle of the unit will only decarb 80% of the CBD - they recommend running it for two cycles for a full decarb. Their current model now has a button for THC/CBG and a separate button for CBD.

Well, that's a question I can't really answer, because like Amy, I also use the Ardent unit for all my decarbs. I just put my weed into the little unit, press the button and come back approx. 2hrs later and the cycle is complete. According to their studies using the original unit which I have, one cycle of the unit will only decarb 80% of the CBD - they recommend running it for two cycles for a full decarb. Their current model now has a button for THC/CBG and a separate button for CBD.
I oven decarb my CBD at 240ºF for about an hour (or 90 minutes in foil). According to my test results there was no CBDa left so that was a complete decarb. I've never had any THC flower tested post-decarb so I don't know if that would be shorter.

Hi everyone! A quickie update, Mr. H is back to his regular ol self again. I made a batch of Candida on the 4 hour cycle, so we will see if there is any noticeable difference with the MIL’s pup.

I kept either forgetting my camera when I was in the tent, or when I did remember my camera, I’d forget to make a new post! So here we are, pictures and remembering to post on the same day! Whoopie! 😆

Oriental kush 8 weeks blooming now
IMG_3605.jpeg
IMG_3606.jpeg

I added some of my super nitro balls and some of her green has returned. Now she’s got these rusty spots showing, would that be a cal mag issue? She’s still being fed 5.5 mg of MC. She just started pushing some fresh white pistils. I was starting to wonder if she was nearly finishing, but not quite I guess!

Purple kush
IMG_3607.jpeg
IMG_3608.jpeg

Getting darker!

I did a little reading on the new stuff I got for top dressing. Purple kush will probably be the Gaia Green Guinea pig. The directions say to use a 50/50 mix of the two containers I got for late blooming. I’ll have to look back and see if that gets the numbers closer to the GF that was recommended by Shed and Amy. I just haven’t quite gotten to it on the to do list yet.

I weighed up the Candida, although it wasn’t properly trimmed, it came in at 108g. Not too shabby for my skinny beans Candida. It was a little overdried, so I’m feeling like the over dried-ness will compensate for the untrimmed weight, when I go to make oil with it. Not that I’m too concerned about it.

I think that’s everything on the short and dirty update. I hope all is well in your neck of the world. Sending lots of loves to you all. 💗

PK is looking yummy but is it really slow moving or just me? 🐌
I’m not sure? She started showing pistils at the end of May, so, about 3 1/2 weeks into flower.
High Hevenly, looking great here! Oriental Kush has some sweet colas on her! And I just love the color of your purple kush too!
Thanks Stone 😁 and if memory serves, she’ll go all the way purple soon.💜
That is one purple bush for sure
I love it, just you wait, she’s gonna get even darker! Thanks sb!
That's what I read rust spots as on my ATF- Purpinator with every watering got it under control in a week or so..
VG did send me a bottle of purpinator, maybe I should give her a serving of it?
But, wouldn't she be greener, maybe even too green, if it was too much N?
I’m not sure, but don’t forget that they were pretty yellow when I put those dots on. Maybe it was deficient, but I added too much and went into lockout of K? Plus feeding MC, and am I just now remembering Shed said not to use MC? And here is where only halfway paying attention and rushing doesn’t pay off! 😵

Do you think I can successfully flush/reset even with those nitro balls in there? It says they’re slow release/available for 3 weeks. I would guess OK only has ~2 weeks left to go, but that’s just a guess. I tried to look them up on that seed man’s site and it didn’t pop up at all. Google also had nothing but a smoke review - which totally got me excited for it, but no help otherwise. My poor plants… :eye-roll:

Back
Top Bottom