Help me! Mold problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meli6190

420 Member
I know this has been discussed but put yourself in my shoes. If you just spent ALL of your money on 2 pounds of moldy shaky weed what would you do?? Would you make something out of it... Risk it... Or just throw out 800.00 :( :( i am so upset tell me something good lol

I know this has been discussed but put yourself in my shoes. If you just spent ALL of your money on 2 pounds of moldy shaky weed what would you do?? Would you make something out of it... Risk it... Or just throw out 800.00 :( :( i am so upset tell me something good lol
Look up the Bud Washing Thread. Not sure if you can still do this or not. @Emilya , what you think ?

1. mount up and ride on the goof that sold it to you.

2. Don't talk about buying or selling weed from unauthorized dealers on a public forum.

3. I've washed weed that had WPM on the leaves. It had not spread to the buds yet.

5 gallon pails of clear water. In one pail add 250 to 350mls of hydrogen peroxide 2%I think you buy at the pharmacy.

-dip buds into peroxide water mix. Then into 1 or 2 pails of clean water and let dry.
20200227_130249 (1).jpg
20200227_125020 (1).jpg
20200227_125119 (1).jpg

4. If its actual bud rot (Grey mold) I would throw it away.

Assuming you can’t return it for a refund. Depends how bad it is. If all riddled with mold and obviously ruined -well, it’s ruined. If it’s just a couple spots here and there and some looks fine- just save the stuff that looks fine. If squeamish about the stuff you saved that looks fine- make oil. If super squeamish and freaked out about mold in general or have some special health issues around it then just toss it

Also Google is your friend. This goes pretty in depth into the mold situation and salvaging.

And after you've washed with your hydrogen peroxide and water mixture
(Heres a fully in depth video video washing buds and the recipe)

Turn into butane honey oil or oil made from everclear (grain alchohol)

1. mount up and ride on the goof that sold it to you.

2. Don't talk about buying or selling weed from unauthorized dealers on a public forum.

3. I've washed weed that had WPM on the leaves. It had not spread to the buds yet.

5 gallon pails of clear water. In one pail add 250 to 350mls of hydrogen peroxide 2%I think you buy at the pharmacy.

-dip buds into peroxide water mix. Then into 1 or 2 pails of clean water and let dry.
20200227_130249 (1).jpg
20200227_125020 (1).jpg
20200227_125119 (1).jpg

4. If its actual bud rot (Grey mold) I would throw it away.
Thanks i will try that.
And it was bought from a new dispensary in my town, was my own fault. I never once mentioned that in my post if you want to read it over again.

Damn you can buy two pounds at a dispensary? What star allows this practice ? I wanna move there . Am I missing something? Can medical patients buy this much weed ?

That’s a decent article from Mack. 90% of articles and posts on the subject are full of fear-mongering. I don't know why.

Somewhere I have a link to another good in-depth article. But don’t see it in my notes at the moment. A few quotes on it below though.

There are at least well over 100,000 types of mould so its not all one thing. Basically lab tests on bud generally only test for a spore count and that’s about it -they don’t test for species. Aspergillus is the main concern along with a couple other species. Whether that even is common at all in buds - not sure if anyone has that info.
Other than that -a high spore count can cause problems if you have certain health liabilities.

Cannabis microbes and mold

Fungal pathogens

Mold, mildew and yeast are all types of fungi. Mold in particular is very common on agricultural products. Certain types can grow on live plants; others, termed saprophytes, generally grow on dead plant material. Cannabis is host to many mold species of both types. The molds that are common on living Cannabis, such as Botrytis cinerea, are plant pathogens, not human ones130. Non-pathogenic molds can be a source of allergic hypersensitivity reactions131-133, but there is no evidence associating such reactions with smoking. As discussed above, a number of pathogenic mold species have been isolated from Cannabis kept under extremely poor conditions11,81. Spores of these species are ubiquitous, and Cannabis presents no special risk for fungal infections caused by them. However, certain molds of the genus Aspergillus do present a risk.

Aspergillus

Aspergillus is a mold that produces extremely hardy spores, and is capable of replication at much lower water activity levels than most organisms134-136. It is also ubiquitous; Aspergillus spores are thoughtCannabis users should know the risks involved in smoking a substance that can contain viable Aspergillus spores. Those who are immunocompromised should be counseled to avoid smoking in general. Edible cannabis products are now widely available and will be safer for this population, as Aspergillus spores generally do not causedisease when ingested orally.

It is important for legislators to understand that no data is available on the environmental burden of Aspergillus on Cannabis. When this data becomes available it may turn out that pathogenic Aspergillus species are quite rare on Cannabis. The opposite is more likely, however. It may be the case that A. fumigatus, in particular, is so common that all Cannabis samples (at least outdoor-grown varieties) contain some level of it. If this is the case, it will NOT make sense to require that all Cannabis be tested for Aspergillus. Healthy people have extremely high innate immunity to Aspergillus176, and there is no advantage in testing for ubiquitous organisms.

However, choosing not to test for this pathogen could only be done in parallel with a concerted public health education campaign to alert immunocompromised patients to the danger of Cannabis-mediated Aspergillosis. There may also be some middle ground in which it would be reasonable to identify a threshold below which some A. fumigatus is acceptable if samples are clearly labeled with testing results. Nonetheless, given the information that is now available, we strongly recommend that all Cannabis be tested for A. fumigatus, A. flavus, A. terreus, and A. niger, and failed if positive for any of these.

Fungal indicator tests

Mold is the most common type of microbial growth on Cannabis. It is a constant source of practical and financial difficulty for Cannabisgrowers, and most states that require Cannabis testing at this time include the classical microbiological test known as “total yeast and mold”. These assays are plate or film-based culture assays that are intended as pan-fungal broad-spectrum indicator tests. The majority of the molds that grow on these plates will be common plant pathogens, and are highly unlikely to cause human disease. As with total bacterial tests, tests for “total yeast and mold” are essentially a quality test. They are unlikely to serve as a good indicator for the presence of pathogens. In fact, the typical plate assays used to assess total yeast and mold levels are able to support the growth of only a very tiny percentage of the fungal species common in the environment, and they show poor correlation with eachother237-240.

There are two rationales for requiring such a test for Cannabis. The first is that since mold is so common on Cannabis, and high levels are likely as a result of many different environmental and processing factors (harvest timing, seasonal rain levels, curing processes, cross- contamination, etc), it makes sense to include a total yeast and mold test as a general quality indicator. The other rationale is that -- even though such tests do not serve as indicators for the potential presence of pathogens – mold is a potential cause of irritation and allergic hypersensitivity reactions.

The broad spectrum of allergic reactions to inhaled antigens are usually grouped under the terms hypersensitivity pneumonitis or extrinsic allergic alveolitis. These are IgE-mediated inflammatory reactions to an extremely wide variety of antigens including inorganic molecules, avian proteins, bacterial endotoxins, and bacterial and fungal spores. Applying the total yeast and mold test to Cannabis, however, is extremely unlikely to minimize the number of allergic hypersensitivity reactions among Cannabis smokers.

There are many reasons for this. The most common causes of allergic hypersensitivity are bacterial or non-microbial, and therefore won’t be detected on fungal culture plates241,242. The most common causes that are fungal are Aspergillus species243-245, for which total yeast and mold tests are not good quantitative assays, and which need to be tested for on Cannabis independently in any case. Botrytis is probably the most common mold on Cannabis plants, and although there are reports of hypersensitivity reactions to it, these are rare, and usually involve extremely high exposure levels197,246. In addition, among tobacco smokers there is no evidence of increased allergic reactions to microbial antigens81,247-249, which argues that such antigens are either degraded by smoking, or not mobilized by it. Combined with the factthat “total yeast and mold” tests can culture only a small percentage of fungal species, all the above evidence argues against using such a test to prevent hypersensitivity reactions.

This test could still be used as a general quality indicator. Extremely high levels of mold on Cannabis flowers are generally considered an indication of poor curing or handling practices. However, relatively high levels are present on most Cannabis. Some states have chosen 104 CFU/gram as the total yeast and mold cutoff for Cannabis. This is a value that causes many apparently acceptable samples to fail. 105 CFU/gram may be a more reasonable cutoff, though this is a level at which mold is typically visible by eye (and certainly by microscopy). To our thinking, it is difficult to justify the resource and pricing impacts imposed by a test of this nature, when the benefits are unclear, the appropriate cutoff is unknown, and visual inspection is a viable alternative.

4. Cannabis should be tested for four species of Aspergillus: A. flavus, A. fumigatus, A. niger, and A. terreus. Together these species are responsible for the vast majority of cases of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis, and they are the only pathogens that represent a clear and certain danger on Cannabis

8. There is no need to test Cannabis for “total yeast and mold”.

Total yeast and mold tests detect only a small fraction of the fungal species in the environment, and do not correlate with the presence of pathogenic species. The only pathogenic mold species on Cannabis are types of Aspergillus that must be tested for separately in any case. Molds can potentially be a cause of allergic hypersensitivity reactions, but there is no evidence that these are mediated by smoking. Molds can also be a source of plant spoilage, but these processes can be monitored appropriately by testing for water activity levels, and by visual or microscopic inspection.

Thanks i will try that.
And it was bought from a new dispensary in my town, was my own fault. I never once mentioned that in my post if you want to read it over again.
Thays my bad I assumed.
If it's a dispensarys weed from canada?
Then it's against health Canada's regulations to sell moldy weed to customers......I'm assuming here? Also in the states there has to be a law..
Just like food poisoning from a kitchen where people can die. I'd assume weed has thr same laws and regs or should?
These are assumptions but thats just not right. You need to take that back.

I wish you the best

If its that bad of quality of weed check and see if it has seeds at least if you find any not all is lost, you could grow those out and have some unmoldy weed eventually! ;)

If it's a dispensarys weed from canada?
Then it's against health Canada's regulations to sell moldy weed to customers......I'm assuming here?

can't legally buy more than 30gr at a throw. that is all you are allowed to transport between 2 places at any given time, and you have to get it home if you buy it lol.

Clearly the backstory is a little fishy but that doesn’t make a difference with the actual mold.

2 pounds.... 800.00 ....Tell me something good
1 -Weed is super cheap where you are!
:thumb:

2- It’s almost spring! ( well ok not for everybody)

3- uhh...

Clearly the backstory is a little fishy but that doesn’t make a difference with the actual mold.
I'm starting to think this dispensery is actually just the dude behind the money mart who drives a pontiac Sunfire with hubcap spinners :popcorn:

I remember the first and only time I ever got ripped off. I was 15. And tried to buy 2 ounces of mushrooms for 90 bucks. I only got one.
I also remember the time I bought my first scale :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom