High Brix Kit 4 Strains QB 288 & 132s With EOD & Emerson Lights In A 6x4 Sealed Room

Yeah that’s right - The current instructions only say every 7days... as per the schedule there. The other info i’ve picked up by just being subbed to DOc’s Q&A and he sometimes clarifies and expands on things there. So you’re right that the current instructions just indicate every 7days. The instructions have morphed a little ver time, as the recipes refined i guess.

Then there are of course gardeners who have worked with the kit a long time and make their own tweaks and adjustments ;). I’m still new to the kit, on my 3rd grow with it. I follow as many Brix growers journals as possible and the Q&A mostly because they are growers I’d seek to emulate in one way or another, but it has added bonus of picking up all sorts of bits and pieces of experience etc. I’ll see if I can find a post where Doc talks about the Brix in particular.
:Namaste:

Here’s a post from earlier this year where Doc answers a query about this...
Brix should be used every week on First Run soil, every 10 days on Second Run, and every 2 weeks on Third Run soil. Those are guidelines....obviously there can be other factors at play, but if things are going normally, that's how it should be done.

DeStress should never be sprayed daily......a couple times a week if you're dealing with heat stress, etc. I haven't sprayed Destress much in a couple years, until I almost lost all my veg plants do to them being in the dark for 2.5 days. I sprayed DeStress twice on them since.
:Namaste:

To review room and grow as of now.
1. Drivers out of room is a must unless you need heat(ie live in Colorado or someplace cold and don’t want to have to heat room too much). This one thing will make your grow so much easier.
2. Docbudshighbrix kit is the simplest easiest thing you can use with the least effort for maximum results. Flushing 5-15gals per plant every few weeks sucks and is way way too much work and time. With the kit no flushing. pHing water and ferts wastes time. Measuring out fertilizer (yes you do measure of from “the kit”) takes time and a “recipe” ppm etc. waste of time and possibly toxic. No pHing, no one tds meter!!!
3. 3000k isn’t for 7’ ceilings. Frankenstein cob and strips and qb all at 3500k dialed up there was less stretch. I think the 3000k and the Emerson was too much for the flip. Since I wasn’t/ defoliating I wasn’t seeing it until I cleared away all the little off shoots etc. pencil think or better. I don’t like them 4ft long pencils though. Lol. Next grow I’m going to just do the 288s 50% seed to full blast until they aren’t enough for the space.
4. More air in roots. I’m adding a second dome and airpump for each pot. 10gal is too big for just one air stone.
5. VPD- humidity has got to be there lined up with the temp. That’s gospel. Literally haven’t had a single deficiency. Not a yellow leaf or a spot that isn’t from vpd screw up(humidity at 58rh from the a/c sucking it out and humidifier not keeping up)
6. Start with 5 gal pot upping to 10 at flip.

Anything else to add?
The kit is amazing. Plants respond each time you drench or spray or recharge you know it works cause you see it. I see a difference as the day goes on. Between lunch and dinner differences during flower.

I need to fight the urge to turn up the lights. They are either in a praying pose of flat. I’ve always been told that’s optimal. And they don’t have bleach spots.
I’m under 30watts a square currently. I see the most trichs under the 288s. Makes me
Want to turn up the 132s

I’m under 30watts a square currently.

:thumb:

I'm running at 40 and I definitely should dial 'em back. That much light runs them hard - at that intensity, every little glitch shows. :straightface:

I'm glad you're impressed with the Kit. It's a far less involved way to grow - that makes some people uneasy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’ve converted 2 growers and recruited 2 new ones with the simplicity of it.
1 of the two is a hydro grower and everytime he would ask me something my response included some knowledge I acquired from doc.(almost always a cal mag issue) He would say but I’m in hydro. I would say same principle gotta have lots of cal mag to build. With so much light with QB you have to cal mag it up. After that he switched. He bought promix this week. Cooking soil as son as he orders the bulk kit. Docs Instagram page converted the other guy. The 2 noobs just didn’t like all the chemistry of it. With docs 0 chemistry 0 meters(unless youre rich and buy a light meter)

But I agree, you hear no pHing and with every site dedicated to pHing and what’s the best and how to measure runoff and flush until it’s perfect would make you think it’s BS.

I'm running at 40 and I definitely should dial 'em back. That much light runs them hard - at that intensity, every little glitch shows. :straightface:

I'm glad you're impressed with the Kit. It's a far less involved way to grow - that makes some people uneasy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well, you don't want to increase the measured dose with Brix - stick to the directions.

But I spray less volume as the plants mature, too. Less in bloom than veg. A light misting is all they need.

I only have 16 sqft of canopy, so I end up using about 8-12 ounces of spray, depending on age, and how many leaves there are.

8-12 oz on 16sqft? I’m low low then. I spray for like 5-7 sec each plant 24sqft ends up as 2oz. I should up that huh?
Well, you don't want to increase the measured dose with Brix - stick to the directions.

But I spray less volume as the plants mature, too. Less in bloom than veg. A light misting is all they need.

I only have 16 sqft of canopy, so I end up using about 8-12 ounces of spray, depending on age, and how many leaves there are.

I’m in a 3X3, with only 9 sq ft. I usually mix up 75-125ml of RO with any of my Foliar Applications. Like Gray said just a light misting under each big fan is good enough.

I give my girls Brix around every 9-10days.

Usually have 10-20% left over in the spray bottle because when it gets low it doesn’t work so well. I use the Amazon bought fine mist Hair sprayers Neiko put me on. They work well but after 8months now and 2 grows they are starting to clog up. I need to rinse them better and let them dry out but it’s a PITA so I’ll just buy more eventually.

Nice grow you got here HBB, I see your on top of the issues. My advice from what I see here is get the heat under control.

78-81f should be your goal for daytime. Maybe 82/83 if ur running CO2.

Also I’m using 350 watts from the wall of Perfect Sun LEDs. So around 30w per SQ ft.

I’m quite happy with my results doing 4 plants in 7gal pots. Usually yielding very close to 1lb dry per grow not including trim which is hardly a couple zips as Docs Kit brings out a nice calyx to Leaf ratio.

I’d say yes 30-40w per SQ ft is right on but make sure you have the headroom to use this kind of power. I would recommend no closer than 20-22 inches then u will get to reap the benefits of that much light without negative effects.

Cheers man plants looking good. The kit is very forgiving so they would look a lot worse if u weren’t in docs Kit. Main thing is correct ur temp and Rh and have it stabilize and the kit will do the rest!

Hope u get the environment down soon :goodluck:

The high temps are fine a small long as I keep rH up. Temp is set at 79 today so it will get up to 83-84 before ac kicks on. Now that the drivers are out of the room the next grow I’ll run down in the low 80s. At 79 with ac on RH drops to 60 which is within vpd. I turned up lights to 720watts 30watts a square. Just to see. I plant to up the use of the 288 at 3500 for more of the veg for tighter nodes. And supercropping for sure next time. Buds do look good but they should be sitting on a table
Of buds too. I want to pull 3or more. But this kit and way is new. I have no guess to what I’ll get. I’m counting 100ish buds in there guess 1/8 to half each in dry weight. That a big range of I get a half that’s a huge weight. I’d shit. Lol. We will see. Growth ioninc drench is Thursday . I can’t wait.
B45DE686-3885-4AD6-9FC9-33A800E2C326.jpeg
4B2904D1-4142-4081-84B6-F72D1ADD18FD.jpeg
90567866-7BA6-4AB7-A8EF-88D6863F73F0.jpeg
91EFEF4B-78CE-44EA-B736-9DC594E9270C.jpeg
025EA61D-1B0D-47D5-8B1C-020175C1436E.jpeg
747B85F1-0F49-45ED-B1BC-92F39F2CC930.jpeg
I’m in a 3X3, with only 9 sq ft. I usually mix up 75-125ml of RO with any of my Foliar Applications. Like Gray said just a light misting under each big fan is good enough.

I give my girls Brix around every 9-10days.

Usually have 10-20% left over in the spray bottle because when it gets low it doesn’t work so well. I use the Amazon bought fine mist Hair sprayers Neiko put me on. They work well but after 8months now and 2 grows they are starting to clog up. I need to rinse them better and let them dry out but it’s a PITA so I’ll just buy more eventually.

Nice grow you got here HBB, I see your on top of the issues. My advice from what I see here is get the heat under control.

78-81f should be your goal for daytime. Maybe 82/83 if ur running CO2.

Also I’m using 350 watts from the wall of Perfect Sun LEDs. So around 30w per SQ ft.

I’m quite happy with my results doing 4 plants in 7gal pots. Usually yielding very close to 1lb dry per grow not including trim which is hardly a couple zips as Docs Kit brings out a nice calyx to Leaf ratio.

I’d say yes 30-40w per SQ ft is right on but make sure you have the headroom to use this kind of power. I would recommend no closer than 20-22 inches then u will get to reap the benefits of that much light without negative effects.

Cheers man plants looking good. The kit is very forgiving so they would look a lot worse if u weren’t in docs Kit. Main thing is correct ur temp and Rh and have it stabilize and the kit will do the rest!

Hope u get the environment down soon :goodluck:

Yep, you can skip the pure watering if that's your judgement. It's very hard to overdose with Growth drench. Don't do it as a habit, though.

Using the High Brix method, I easily get over 1.5 oz per sqft of canopy, and I've done as well as 2 ounces per.

Yep, you can skip the pure watering if that's your judgement. It's very hard to overdose with Growth drench. Don't do it as a habit, though.

Using the High Brix method, I easily get over 1.5 oz per sqft of canopy, and I've done as well as 2 ounces per.

I over dose GE and don’t usually plain water if it’s a Frankenstrain. Wouldn’t recommend it with Sativa dominat or 100% Pure Sativa’s. GE has TP in it though.

I’m right in the same amounts 1.5-2 Oz per Sq ft. Need a bigger grow space!

GE has TP in it though.

I don' think so. Cat drench has Transplant, but Growth Ionic is pure calcium nitrate - just fish guts. But many of us will toss a splash of TP (1/4 dose) into every watering, including Growth drench.

Supercropped the entire bed gets
Light not just the top few inches. Itsll up my numbers for sure.
I over dose GE and don’t usually plain water if it’s a Frankenstrain. Wouldn’t recommend it with Sativa dominat or 100% Pure Sativa’s. GE has TP in it though.

I’m right in the same amounts 1.5-2 Oz per Sq ft. Need a bigger grow space!

Back
Top Bottom