Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Question regarding left over Energy/Tea dilution.. Can I give this mix to my already 5-6 wk baked soil? I will be using this soil in a few days in pots to transfer my seedling(s).
I will get a journal going here in week or so. First, I need to read/learn how to, etc. More importantly, I have the same Uncle as many here, who I gave too much $ to and have better uses for it then 'he' does, and I want it back :)

no, don't add it to the soil. Just adjust the amount you mix up so you don't have much waste next time.

Question regarding left over Energy/Tea dilution.. Can I give this mix to my already 5-6 wk baked soil? I will be using this soil in a few days in pots to transfer my seedling(s).
I will get a journal going here in week or so. First, I need to read/learn how to, etc. More importantly, I have the same Uncle as many here, who I gave too much $ to and have better uses for it then 'he' does, and I want it back :)
Take the time to figure out the ratios of product:water:plant and keep it posted where you do your mixing. Ive used the stuff plenty of times and still need to refer to it from time to time lol

my ratios for one plant is 2ml e/t for light feeding and up to 5-8ml for heavy. for my mother plants i feed on the lighter side and more on the heavy side moving into flower....my 2 cents:thumb:

Hello Doc,
What is your opinion of Canna Terra proffesional plus growing medium ?
Thanx, Bulldog

my ratios for one plant is 2ml e/t for light feeding and up to 5-8ml for heavy. for my mother plants i feed on the lighter side and more on the heavy side moving into flower....my 2 cents:thumb:

Doc, what do you think of this mix ?
Hypnum peat , Sphagnum peat, perlite, african night crawler worm castings, fertilizing soil conditioner.

Fertilizer ingredients : Alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, glacial rock dust, mined potassium sulphate, natural humane complex,
do k phosphate, greensand, kelp meal , gypsum and Bat quano.

Sound workable ?

It is a medium that is sold Canna Terra Professional Soil Mix comes in two types - an all round pre-fertilised soil and a truly exceptional superior soil growing medium. Specifically designed for use with Canna Terra and Canna Bio Nutrients (although exceptional results can also be achieved using Bio-Bizz nutrients), both of these soil mixes are sure to provide fantastic results for all who use them. Canna Terra Professional is the approximate equivalent of Bio-Bizz All-Mix, having a high nutrient content as well as good structure, aeration and drainage. It is the ideal soil for many growers as little (if any) nutrient is needed until you switch your plants onto a flowering/fruiting light cycle.

Canna Terra Professional Plus is something quite special that organic connoisseurs and expert growers are sure to love. Made from highest quality white peat and organic bark, Professional Plus has outstanding structure and drainage along with valuable trace elements and chelates to ensure consistently healthy growth. Having no nutrient content means that this media is for more advanced growers who can now tailor their vegetative growth for superior results.

Doc, what do you think of this mix ?
Hypnum peat , Sphagnum peat, perlite, african night crawler worm castings, fertilizing soil conditioner.

Fertilizer ingredients : Alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, glacial rock dust, mined potassium sulphate, natural humane complex,
do k phosphate, greensand, kelp meal , gypsum and Bat quano.

Sound workable ?

that sounds like a good organic mix. I'd lose the Greensand and potassium sulfate, and would question the blood meal, but I have no doubt you could grow some very nice plants in a mix like that.

It is a medium that is sold Canna Terra Professional Soil Mix comes in two types - an all round pre-fertilised soil and a truly exceptional superior soil growing medium. Specifically designed for use with Canna Terra and Canna Bio Nutrients (although exceptional results can also be achieved using Bio-Bizz nutrients), both of these soil mixes are sure to provide fantastic results for all who use them. Canna Terra Professional is the approximate equivalent of Bio-Bizz All-Mix, having a high nutrient content as well as good structure, aeration and drainage. It is the ideal soil for many growers as little (if any) nutrient is needed until you switch your plants onto a flowering/fruiting light cycle.

Canna Terra Professional Plus is something quite special that organic connoisseurs and expert growers are sure to love. Made from highest quality white peat and organic bark, Professional Plus has outstanding structure and drainage along with valuable trace elements and chelates to ensure consistently healthy growth. Having no nutrient content means that this media is for more advanced growers who can now tailor their vegetative growth for superior results.

Well, if it passed the lab's analysis it would be a good soil.

I had several high quality potting soils tested and they all failed miserably, including subcool's mix, my own version of it, and some others. The issue is almost always excess potassium and/or sodium.

Promix passed.....barely....simply because it is only peat moss and didn't have much dolomite in it, but wisely used limestone as a pH buffer.

If I was going to do this for myself, I'd use backyard soil. Since I designed the kits for professional samples and hobby growers, I went for a potting soil that was widely available.

The problem with loaded up soil is that you can't change the ionic balance of the soil and the excess ERGS mean the plant can't be foliar fed.

Ill just follow directions lol. Waaay easier! :)

Doc,
Have you noticed with HB growing, plants are more resilient to temperature (yes to diseases, insects etc :) and other stresses?
Do HB buds dry easier, cure better given other constants like washing, etc?
How do you dry and cure your meds, If I may ask?

Yeah, id like to know too sir

Yes to all. The plants are much hardier in every way. Clones root faster, stems are stronger, they are resistant to disease and pests...they're just healthier plants when everything is firing. That's what HB growing is all about, using nature and facilitating if with natural means (can be done legally organic if need be) in order to get the plant's genetics to express itself fully.

My drying/curing method:

I prune the harvested colas so they hang on their own hooks. After a good wash and a short drip, I hang them all from a wire in a climate controlled room....about 67 F and 52-62 rh. They take about a week, maybe 10 days at times to dry enough for the bracts to SNAP! and then bend over to the side and nearly snap completely off.

When they reach that point, I take them off the stem, manicure them and save the trim for premium joints. It's better than the bud for joints...the sugar leaf manicure trim.

Anyways, they go into a mason jar after the manicure and I give it a good smell every day and either put the lid back on....leave the lid off in the drying/curing room, or put them into the main warehouse with a paper towell screwed on instead of a metal lid. I choose which action based on how the buds are drying/curing in the jars.

i'm looking for a sweet, floral, hint of pungency in the jar. It's a unique smell to high brix weed. Usually after about a week from the initial jarring of the product, the jars can stay closed permanently. Product seems best after 3 months but I rarely have anything that long unless I make a point of it.

The buds can hang for weeks in the curing room, as i keep it at 62-66 rH if I need to stall on final manicure due to time constraints, etc.

Yes to all. The plants are much hardier in every way. Clones root faster, stems are stronger, they are resistant to disease and pests...they're just healthier plants when everything is firing. That's what HB growing is all about, using nature and facilitating if with natural means (can be done legally organic if need be) in order to get the plant's genetics to express itself fully.

My drying/curing method:

I prune the harvested colas so they hang on their own hooks. After a good wash and a short drip, I hang them all from a wire in a climate controlled room....about 67 F and 52-62 rh. They take about a week, maybe 10 days at times to dry enough for the bracts to SNAP! and then bend over to the side and nearly snap completely off.

When they reach that point, I take them off the stem, manicure them and save the trim for premium joints. It's better than the bud for joints...the sugar leaf manicure trim.

Anyways, they go into a mason jar after the manicure and I give it a good smell every day and either put the lid back on....leave the lid off in the drying/curing room, or put them into the main warehouse with a paper towell screwed on instead of a metal lid. I choose which action based on how the buds are drying/curing in the jars.

i'm looking for a sweet, floral, hint of pungency in the jar. It's a unique smell to high brix weed. Usually after about a week from the initial jarring of the product, the jars can stay closed permanently. Product seems best after 3 months but I rarely have anything that long unless I make a point of it.

The buds can hang for weeks in the curing room, as i keep it at 62-66 rH if I need to stall on final manicure due to time constraints, etc.

It takes the average person years to figure out what i just read in 30 seconds. I feel like ive cheated on a test every time i look at my lone plant. I feel lucky to have found this website and to have met you Doc, youre a true gentleman. Thank you.
Im gonna have some of the best weed ever grown and yes its by mine own hand but made so from the knowledge gained by a great guy. Thanks again Doc, keep on doing what you do :)

Hey Doc. I am confused about the bag of recharge. I was thinking that you added it to the soil after a run to get it back up to par for the next run. A couple pages back I read that it is to be added after the cat drench in flowering. Do you just sprinkle it on top of the soil or how do you do it, I couldn't find it on the direction page.

Also my bottom leaves seem to keep yellowing and crisping up on the ends. The rest of the plants looks great and are growing good. They are only about a month old, is this normal?

Thanks for everything!

Thank YOU All for everything, i'm still learning... Doc, i would love a kit but unable to PM. 420 is the place to be, feels like home.

Hey Doc. I am confused about the bag of recharge. I was thinking that you added it to the soil after a run to get it back up to par for the next run. A couple pages back I read that it is to be added after the cat drench in flowering. Do you just sprinkle it on top of the soil or how do you do it, I couldn't find it on the direction page.

Also my bottom leaves seem to keep yellowing and crisping up on the ends. The rest of the plants looks great and are growing good. They are only about a month old, is this normal?

Thanks for everything!

Add the re-charge week 3 of bloom. Just put it on top and water it in.

RE your leaves:

has the plant been in HB soil from the start, or did you transplant into HB soil?
Tell about the cooking process, temps in cooking process, etc.
A picture is always helpful.

Have you followed directions for transplanting, foliar feeding, etc?

how much recharge per plant?? about 1/4C is what i think i remember but is hard to dig through the 128 pages or the other 300 total of the other HB growers to find it exactly.

im a couple weeks from needing it my self

Back
Top Bottom