Hippie 66 First Indoor Attempt

Had to spray again today. Those little bastards! At least you can see signs of there presence if you are paying attention. Those shiny curled leaves give them away. Looks like they will be getting a weekly dose as it seems they appear to be hatching on that schedule.

420-magazine-mobile534138500.jpg

So, here they are at nine weeks. To me they look sad. The new growth​ has gone from lush green to a much lighter shade. I have been spraying every 3-4 days with a mixture of water, peppermint Castile soap and a few drops of rosemary oil to combat the mites. Tomorrow is the last feeding before switching to 12/12 on Monday 5/1. I'm hoping the respond well and bounce back for me as I have a lot riding on this grow. I need this to work out in a positive way. I wish I knew where the mites came from. All the plants are from seed. No dirty clones, so the only possibilities are that they came in from outside, which I find unlikely because the growing season hasn't kicked in here yet, or the were in the soil. Anyone want to weigh in on that. Also, the guy at the local hydro shop mentioned that he read that FF was adding "beneficial" mites to the soil. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Of the 50+ seeds I have ordered, every one I germed has popped. 26 to date. Huge selection, discreet shipping. Have nothing bad to say about Seedsman.

420-magazine-mobile534138500.jpg

So, here they are at nine weeks. To me they look sad. The new growth​ has gone from lush green to a much lighter shade. I have been spraying every 3-4 days with a mixture of water, peppermint Castile soap and a few drops of rosemary oil to combat the mites. Tomorrow is the last feeding before switching to 12/12 on Monday 5/1. I'm hoping the respond well and bounce back for me as I have a lot riding on this grow. I need this to work out in a positive way. I wish I knew where the mites came from. All the plants are from seed. No dirty clones, so the only possibilities are that they came in from outside, which I find unlikely because the growing season hasn't kicked in here yet, or the were in the soil. Anyone want to weigh in on that. Also, the guy at the local hydro shop mentioned that he read that FF was adding "beneficial" mites to the soil. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

That lighter green at the tops is normal, it's means your plants are rapidly growing still. They look great to me ..

Thanks MsSinful, I do think I was suffering from a magnesium deficiency and I watered with a calmag treatment last weekend. They seem to have responded well to it. I will post new pics soon. Also brought a sampling of the mites I was noticing to my local hydro shop for a diagnosis, and he seems to think they are hypoapsis miles. A beneficial mites that foxfarms is suspected of adding to their soil. They won't confirm this but there are plenty of discussions on the topic if you Google it.

Thanks MsSinful, I do think I was suffering from a magnesium deficiency and I watered with a calmag treatment last weekend. They seem to have responded well to it. I will post new pics soon. Also brought a sampling of the mites I was noticing to my local hydro shop for a diagnosis, and he seems to think they are hypoapsis miles. A beneficial mites that foxfarms is suspected of adding to their soil. They won't confirm this but there are plenty of discussions on the topic if you Google it.

That's interesting, you think they would confirm or deny it. I didn't even know there was a beneficial mite so I'll spend some time reading into that.
I did read up a little after I wrote that last comment. I found out it's very easy to pick up mite eggs from outside and then track them into your grow area since the eggs are every where.
Made me think how often I'm at Home Depot or lowes in the plant area . lol I might build a decontamination room that I would have to enter before reaching my girls. Haha
Your plants are looking great, keep up the good work!

That's interesting, you think they would confirm or deny it. I didn't even know there was a beneficial mite so I'll spend some time reading into that.
I did read up a little after I wrote that last comment. I found out it's very easy to pick up mite eggs from outside and then track them into your grow area since the eggs are every where.
Made me think how often I'm at Home Depot or lowes in the plant area . lol I might build a decontamination room that I would have to enter before reaching my girls. Haha
Your plants are looking great, keep up the good work!
Just Google, "does foxfarms add beneficial mites to their soil".

420-magazine-mobile1652852524.jpg

Things are progressing nicely since the switch about ten days ago. The space is becoming very full. I plan on defoliating this coming weekend. Is it too late to consider some mild lollipopping?

I have contact between the walls and plants on all 4 sides when the door is shut so I would like to thin it out a bit.

420-magazine-mobile797234457.jpg

Two weeks into 12/12. Have lollipops 6 of the 9 with the other 3 getting done this weekend. Very bushy, lots of shaded dying growth underneath the canopy. Need to get it finished as the 6 are flourishing.

420-magazine-mobile797234457.jpg

Two weeks into 12/12. Have lollipops 6 of the 9 with the other 3 getting done this weekend. Very bushy, lots of shaded dying growth underneath the canopy. Need to get it finished as the 6 are flourishing.

Plants look great. Keep up the great work.

Thank you. Still have doubts but positive feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm just not sure what to expect and hoping for the best. Truth will he told in 6-8 weeks right?

Defoliating is controversial. For my last 2 grows I defoliated pretty heavily during flower. With my current grow I have 5 blueberry fem photo plants and I plan to not defoliate 2 of them so I can see for myself which way I prefer. You don't have to do it heavily though, you can remove larger leaves that are blocking light to the lower bud sites slowly over time. I honestly think your doing a great job and your plants look great. You don't have a lot of traffic to help you along the way and your still trucking right along!
I wanted to share a few photos of two different strains I've defoliated heavily during flower. Remember though you can go slow so you feel more confident.
Auto blue amnesia
420-magazine-mobile1466973205.jpg

This was last grow, The strain was Ganesh Spirit a fem photo
Before
420-magazine-mobile730594029.jpg

After
420-magazine-mobile1938800020.jpg

Defoliating is controversial. For my last 2 grows I defoliated pretty heavily during flower. With my current grow I have 5 blueberry fem photo plants and I plan to not defoliate 2 of them so I can see for myself which way I prefer. You don't have to do it heavily though, you can remove larger leaves that are blocking light to the lower bud sites slowly over time. I honestly think your doing a great job and your plants look great. You don't have a lot of traffic to help you along the way and your still trucking right along!
I wanted to share a few photos of two different strains I've defoliated heavily during flower. Remember though you can go slow so you feel more confident.
Auto blue amnesia
420-magazine-mobile1466973205.jpg

This was last grow, The strain was Ganesh Spirit a fem photo
Before
420-magazine-mobile730594029.jpg

After
420-magazine-mobile1938800020.jpg
Thanks again. Those all look awesome. Pup seemed to enjoy it as well. I know now that 9 plants in the 4×4 was too many. Will probably stick to six going forward. I have some Jamaican berry autos that run 90-105 days that I want to try next I think. Actually have a lot of seed to choose from, so picking the next run is a tough call for me. Thanks for the confidence boost.

Thanks again. Those all look awesome. Pup seemed to enjoy it as well. I know now that 9 plants in the 4×4 was too many. Will probably stick to six going forward. I have some Jamaican berry autos that run 90-105 days that I want to try next I think. Actually have a lot of seed to choose from, so picking the next run is a tough call for me. Thanks for the confidence boost.

Hahaha, I didn't realize her head was even in the picture. My dogs love being around the plants, I think it's the smell of soil to be honest.
My tent is a 3x3x5.5 with 12 plants. I like to run my autos while I veg my photo plants as a time killer. So I'll use 1 or 2gal depending on the size of autos (so right now only 2 2gal pots) and then I keep my photo plants in 1gal pots for as long as I can. I think I could fit 9 2gal pots max but that would stress me out.
What size pots are you using again? Do you rotate your plants ever?

Back
Top Bottom