How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Hey NS, pay attention in class and Cult will teach you to rock coco!

Coming from you I have No doubt he knows What he is doing! The girls are doing great so time to see If I can step it Up even more .

Its never enough is it? XD

Where I live in Ma., USA, has been a safe place to live, up till about 5 yrs ago. Now, with the opioid epidemic going on, property crime is going up. The little town I live in, has the highest crime rate in Ma.. Everyone running around town snitching on each other. Can't go to a bar without listening to some snitch talking trash. I stay at home a lot now,' things have definitely changed !! My left hook has also slowed down !!
But It's sad that your friends think Spain is safer than America. I can't personally say it is or it isn't, but I can verify, that Florida is a very dangerous place to live. Very very dangerous !! I'm ex-trucker & have traveled the USA extensively. I would put Miami, Florida as #1, unsafe place to live, in America. Chicago Il. is a close 2d.. But, as dangerous as it was, I miss trucking !! Miss the $$$ more!! :rofl:

Opiates and cocaine ruin communities. Ive seen the destruction it causes from far too close to home. The whole world is dangerous these days. I dont want to get off topic here but guns ars such a problem in the US i read about shòotings everyday, its so sad. In the UK you might here someone has been shot once every year or 3. Its so uncommon.

I hope you are well anyway mate.

I looked through the first several pages of the Alien Hydro Easyfeed blog. Good stuff!

How do you determine drip times, length etc. for coco in each stage of growth?

It looks like you transplanted into 20L pots and then fed just enough to get the plant to the next day? Basically you want the medium to dry out in between each drip cycle right (or close to dry)?

And then you recommend dripping until runoff once the plant matures?

Any help with drip frequency, amounts would be greatly appreciated. I'm sick of hand watering! :slide:

You pretty much nailed it there. In the beginning i feed less often but still evwry day so the roots have to work a little and no feeds during darkness. Once the plants arw mature and flowering bump it up to 3 or 4x per day. A 20litre pot should be on around 4litres daily but you can dial it back if its too much. I will have a drip set up in my new journal in the next week or 2. Im jusy busy building the room, i need to build yhe tables on monday then i will set the drippers up.

Can you use the an ph perfect all the way even into flower just wondering why you change it to iconic bloom? Just got my 5 ltr an micro bloom and grow

Yes you can use ph perfect mgb from start to finish. It will give you mega healthy plants. I just get a bettee end result by switching to ionic for flower, its simpler to use and its really cheap. Tbe ph perfect is a little nitrogeb heavy when following equal doses of mgb. I recommend equal measures as ive only ever had probs when ive tried to up the bloom or the the grow. Thats not to say that cant be done, i was just never good at it. One thing for sure is that it will give you strong healthy plants as long as you go by your ec/ppm as this stuff is mega strong at full strength.

For sure it will. At 4ml/litre it gives an ec of around 3.0 with a starting water of 0.3ec. Only plants on a bulking cycle of steroids may come close to needing that dose haha. It doesnt make sense to recommend that ratio because i dont know a single grower who uses more than 3ml/litre. It would actually do their brand harm if the nute wasnt so good at sensible levels. Its prob some weird marketting ploy to get people to buy the product, they are certainly masters at that. They have so many addituves it makes your head spin and according to AN you need them all and they will all boost your harvests 100's % hahaha. The problem is they have some good additives such as voodoo juice , ph perfect and sensizym. I used to spend fortunes on tarantula and piranha which are brilliant, that was until i found great white mycorrhizae which has all the goodness in 1 product for a fraction of the price.

Anyway the moral of this story os alway check nutrient strength and keep it simple.

Im running Nuclear Juice right now and its 1 bottle, only other thing i use is Z7 in my hydro buckets and i add Ful-Power Humic acid in both coco and dwc.

Yes you can use ph perfect mgb from start to finish. It will give you mega healthy plants. I just get a bettee end result by switching to ionic for flower, its simpler to use and its really cheap. Tbe ph perfect is a little nitrogeb heavy when following equal doses of mgb. I recommend equal measures as ive only ever had probs when ive tried to up the bloom or the the grow. Thats not to say that cant be done, i was just never good at it. One thing for sure is that it will give you strong healthy plants as long as you go by your ec/ppm as this stuff is mega strong at full strength.
Thanks a lot im learning a lot from your journals i think im going to stick to your exact feed schedule to be safe ive got my trunchen and ph pen and just got my great white will get the flower nutes closer to to flower hopfully all goes well thanks again cult ..

Opiates and cocaine ruin communities. Ive seen the destruction it causes from far too close to home. The whole world is dangerous these days. I dont want to get off topic here but guns ars such a problem in the US i read about shòotings everyday, its so sad. In the UK you might here someone has been shot once every year or 3. Its so uncommon.

I hope you are well anyway mate.
I wish guns were not allowed here, but guns are bread into our fabric. I always had a gun, up until about 5 yrs. ago. If you're a trucker in America, & you're not carrying a gun, then your life is in danger. the police have become trigger happy. But with the gun lobby being so huge, I don't see change on the horizon. And thanks Cult & I hope this finds you & your's well !! How's the 60 seedlings doing ??
I took your advice and doubled my feed solution from 1 qt. to 2 qts, but now the pots are too heavy. So last night I went back to one qt. per day. Soon as their weight gets lighter, I'll do 1.5 qts. per day. Will be flushing in about a week, today is day 58 bloom. Thanks for all your advice and information.

You pretty much nailed it there. In the beginning i feed less often but still evwry day so the roots have to work a little and no feeds during darkness. Once the plants arw mature and flowering bump it up to 3 or 4x per day. A 20litre pot should be on around 4litres daily but you can dial it back if its too much. I will have a drip set up in my new journal in the next week or 2. Im jusy busy building the room, i need to build yhe tables on monday then i will set the drippers up.

Roger that the tips are much appreciated!

In your example, for a 20L pot, you water 4 liters per day spread over 3-4 cycles, and each cycle you water until run-off?

In Rockwool, each time I water I get run-off to keep salts out, just wondering if you recommend this same strategy in coco.

I dont water to run off when doing single feeds daily. I feed enough so the pots are light to lift up and almost dry 24 hours later. Lots of things will affect the amouny of feed given so you have to play about and see what that amoujt is for you. As long as you feed everyday you will get healthy plants.

I've been feeding with your recommended EC and my plants are looking great! What are the first signs of overfeeding? I'm dumping in way more nutes than I'm used to, and want to be on the lookout for over feeding like burnt tips etc.?

Thank you!:Namaste:

You wont burn them.as long as you keep an eye on your ec and follow the schedule. But signs of burn or yellow tips.on leaves, i take it tonthis point where they just yellow. Then after that more severe burning.

Roger that! To that end..... The base nutrient I use contain calcium and magnesium, so it makes it a little more difficult for me to ensure that I am hitting the EC for CalMag you recommend.

The label for the base nutes I use is linked here with calcium at 4%.

Should I just make sure my total EC adds up to your combined base and CalMag EC recommendation? Having faith that Cyco has formulated its nutes properly to include enough CalMag? They claim their nutes are formulated specifically for coco. This 4% Ca. matches canna coco nutes as well just as a reference. I realize you are not keen on canna nutes.

Sorry for all the questions but I am eager to get it right! Thank you in advance!:thumb:

Just follow the ec guide. As long as the base nute is around 1.4-1.6 it will be fine. If the plants are looking healthy then they should rrally stay that way unless you change something. If its coco specific it should be fine. Jump on my other journal if you like, there are lots diff things happeneing there.

Thank you! I an subbed on your grow journal as well. Cheers!

I got a few more questions for you cult. My plants are looking BOMB!

As I look ahead to your week 7 and 8 schedule I want to make sure I am reading the guide right. When you say feed

CalMg .3 EC,
Ionic Bloom 1.6 EC
Plagron Green Sensation 1.8 EC

Does this mean a total EC of 1.8 after everything is mixed (assuming RO water) or 3.7 EC after everything is mixed?

You explain it in your intro but I want to make sure I have it right.

Also what are good substitutes for Buddhas Flower Burst, PK and Metaboost?

These are substitutes available to me:
Buddhas Tree Flower Burst - Advanced Nutrients Bud Ignitor
Buddhas Tree PK - hesi pk 13/14
Buddhas Tree Advanced Metaboost - hesi boost
Roots Excellurator - hesi root complex

Back
Top Bottom