How to Make a Grow Journal

With enough setup information in the beginning, your grow journal will be monitored and analyzed by master growers from all over the world. The more pride and effort you put into your journal, the more response, interaction and support you will receive from our members and staff.

First and foremost, please make sure to post your Grow Journal in the proper area for Journals In Progress.

Also, please make sure to use proper grammar and structure when choosing your thread title, your Name/Growing-Medium/Strain-Name/Year is a good start.

Examples:
420's Hydro Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Outdoor Skywalker Grow Journal - 2009
420's Soil Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Deep Water Culture Skywalker Grow Journal -2008

There are many journals hosted on 420 Magazine. You increase your potential number of subscribers when they can immediately determine the strain and grow method - right from your title.

Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Medium - 75% perlite 25% vermiculite.
Lights - (2) 400w HID
Nutrients - FloraNova Grow/Bloom, Floralicious Plus
Strain(s) - Blue Dream, Cannalope Haze, Lavender
# of Plants: 9
Yield : 14-16 Ounces.

The ONLY way to receive optimal attention, feedback and support is to provide photos!

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Please make sure to respect our Posting Guidelines by using our Gallery.

And lastly, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature
Report-Post.jpg
found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to watching your beautiful ladies grow...;)

Love and Respect.
:peace:

In the first post, quoted above there is a link called journals in progress click on that and, at the top of the page there is a post new thread link. That is where your new journal will start. Use the guide to better understand what to post to answer most of the questions followers will be interested in. Once created you can hyperlink the url in your signature. Copy the URL from your web browser, click on the earth and chain looking icon and it will paste the codec for the hyperlink, paste the URL in there. And save your signature.

Can I get a thread in problems section made into a grow journal

You can click the little triangle that has an exclamation point in it at the bottom left of your post (in desired thread) and report that you would like the change made. :thumb:

@oopsiminit... its not you my man its this site! dont get me wrong i love 420MAGAZINE but it can be very difficult to navigate through.! i'm new here too and i'm having difficulty as well with the site! so its not you lol

so where then is the proper place to start a journal? The grow room? Grow journals? Journals in progress...? lol what category is the proper?

The Journals in Progress forum is the place to create new Grow Journals.

Journals in Progress

I prefer to have 1 Grow Journal per grow area. It is your preference, there is no rule on the number of strains that a Grow Journal may contain. I would suggest identifying your plants when you update your Grow Journal with photographs.

First, I've not read this entire thread so please forgive if this question has been asked. I asked a sponsor here for a free product, told them whatiI was doing and since they are a sponsor I knew that I could mention them by name and provide a link for their product.

What should the new journal name be? Something like :Colesdad's blah blah, sponsored by "company name" ....

Do I post a link to their website or is there a page on 420 magazine I should link to some they are a sponsor?

My first grow failed. I told them I was very new to growing and very honest about how little I knew. This appealed to them because their product is some what new and can be the go-to product for new growers.

Sorry I'm being so vague, I just don't want to say something I'm not supposed to. Can a mod or someone respond to this or pm me? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom