Hypo Hippy's first indoor grow

TBD..it is Monrovia high-dollar organic mix (FF equivalent..since FF soil was not available near us). We added 25% perlite and some vermiculite. The plants are probably getting a little N deficient now since it has been a while since their last feed. As soon as the soil dries out we will give them a half-strength feed. Thanks for asking.

Hello hypo and the rest of you. Just thought I'd chime in (as a student of course). I also am experiencing the purple leaf stems and my leaves are not as dark green as some of my other grows although mine are not yellowing like yours, just a bit more pale green . I also have had to flush lately and missed a nute feeding (trying to get a pH issue fixed) so I could be N deficient. But I also experience extremes in temps. 90 with lights on and low 60's at night with humidity ranging from 45 (after feed or watering) to as low as 20 when drying out. I've learned through you folks that the purple can be a result of lower temps. When you grow outside though, those temp ranges are quite normal, at least were I live. :smokin:

From my understanding Purple stalks are 95 times out of a 100 related to either Nitrogen or Sulphur.

Nitrogen - Purple stalks, yellowing leaves and leaves falls of sometimes; Raise ec of the feeding or add extra nitrogen.

Sulphur - Decolouration of the leaves and Strong purple colouration in the leaf stems; lower pH or/and Add sulphur

From my understanding Purple stalks are 95 times out of a 100 related to either Nitrogen or Sulphur.

Nitrogen - Purple stalks, yellowing leaves and leaves falls of sometimes; Raise ec of the feeding or add extra nitrogen.

Sulphur - Decolouration of the leaves and Strong purple colouration in the leaf stems; lower pH or/and Add sulphur

So even if I'm in flower, I should add some fish emulsion to the fftb and molasses?

If it is sulphur problem check the pH of the soil, and lower it if needed. the leaves i think will gradually get more pale. It is easier for the plant to take up sulphar at a lower pH levels. Logically I would suspect that animal products would be the ones that contain sulphates. Maybe this is where bat guanao comes in? not sure of that tho. Citric acid also would prob do same thing. bound to be some experts here that know the best things for that.

did u add calcium? that makes this problem it seems, maybe tap water with high calcium levels even tho the ph is ok??

with the nitrogen, again animal shit basically would work well, in theory lol . manure, or that blood meal? Is it organic soil? that where nitrogen probs are more common, lots of tree bark n stuff

If it is sulphur problem check the pH of the soil, and lower it if needed. the leaves i think will gradually get more pale. It is easier for the plant to take up sulphar at a lower pH levels. Logically I would suspect that animal products would be the ones that contain sulphates. Maybe this is where bat guanao comes in? not sure of that tho. Citric acid also would prob do same thing. bound to be some experts here that know the best things for that.

did u add calcium? that makes this problem it seems, maybe tap water with high calcium levels even tho the ph is ok??

with the nitrogen, again animal shit basically would work well, in theory lol . manure, or that blood meal? Is it organic soil? that where nitrogen probs are more common, lots of tree bark n stuff

Hey 3lions come on over to my site, I don't want to hijack hypo's thread. Thanks bud!:smokin:

Was the soil supplemented with anything of the "not immediately removed through a quick flushing" variety?

Think you mentioned lime previously but I don't remember the exact type offhand.

hey ts the type of lime was dolomite, abt 1/4 cup applied on surface(watered in).then when we transplanted abt 1/2 cup added to the soil(bottom of bucket mixed with soil and some perlite). ph run off has been 6.6 to 6.8, today fed with 1/2 dose of nutes + 1/2 tsp epsom salt, thanks again for your concern.:grinjoint:

I guess its just a game of waiting now! and see if what you've done to rectify the problem has sorted it...

When using organic nutrients it will take longer for results to be seen as they need to break down first but you should see some improvement after a week, so be patient HH. :goodluck:

hey orange
they are still alive,been abt 5 days since i took them, the're looking wilty,but putting on new growth,i'll post some pictures when they look better-thanks for checking hope your doing ok:grinjoint:

hey guys,here's an up date abt 3-4 days ago i got some help from a super grower,flushed both plants with 24 gals(yes 24 gals) waited till they dried then went to 1/2 dose nutes + 1/2 tsp epsom salt. this morning the two are recovering super well.i'll post some pictures later today. thanks to sw

Super nice. I can't remember if I included this in the last pm but after the soil dries good this time, and you give them just water, check the initial PH runoff from them and post those numbers, want to know exactly where we are now so we can adjust or monitor as necessary.

003332.JPG

thanks Oblood and dean thanks to southern weed,looks like he saved the crop for us i appologize for the pic, i'll take some clearer this evening:peacetwo:

Super nice. I can't remember if I included this in the last pm but after the soil dries good this time, and you give them just water, check the initial PH runoff from them and post those numbers, want to know exactly where we are now so we can adjust or monitor as necessary.
here are the # ph6.65 in and 6.70 first run off. no epsom salt, thanks much southern:cheer:

here are the # ph6.65 in and 6.70 first run off. no epsom salt, thanks much southern:cheer:

OK, you're about to the top. Really don't want to move over 6.8. This is very good, as the natural tendancy of the soil PH will be to drop with the nutrient package you're using.

I'd give it one more light feed...maybe 75% of where you were before all this started, then resume a normal feed schedule.

You got them back Brother.

Back
Top Bottom