If they feel dry then into jars they go so they don't lose any more moisture like they would in bags. Read the meter after 12 hours and see where they've settled.

Is the drying closet sealed?
OK I’ll stick them in jars right away thank you and the girl closet is just sliding doors so no it’s not sealed

So the RH in your house is under 45%? You might want to get a Vick's vaporizer!
Put everything in jars of her about an hour and the humidity rows up to like 78% so I took everything out and put it into paper bags I’ll keep an eye on it until the humidity drops down and then I’ll put it back into the jars I just hope I didn’t leave the buds too big and maybe that’s why they’re all dry on the outside and moist on the inside. Everything feels super wet now almost to moist I sure hope I didn’t ruin these and I don’t get mold

don't panic if you're under 62% ambient rh.

it's almost always in the cure. the hang is only a tiny percent of the process and can be manipulated for your conditions.

i've hung plants in conditions under 25%. you merely keep a close eye, do a short hang, and work it it out in the jars. curing is by far the most important aspect. number 1 job is not get them in the jars too wet, or too dry.

you can come back from too wet if you catch it, which is easy. but it's super difficult to impossible to come back from too dry.

don't panic if you're under 62% ambient rh.

it's almost always in the cure. the hang is only a tiny percent of the process and can be manipulated for your conditions.

i've hung plants in conditions under 25%. you merely keep a close eye, do a short hang, and work it it out in the jars. curing is by far the most important aspect. number 1 job is not get them in the jars too wet, or too dry.

you can come back from too wet if you catch it, which is easy. but it's super difficult to impossible to come back from too dry.
Thanks for commenting!

57% is good when the buds are at 78%. After another day in the mesh see where they land in the jar. If they're 70 or below then, try to get the room to a steady 62% you're golden!
I kept them on the drying racks for about 24 hours, but not good in my grow closet cause it was too full. I had to hang my mesh collapsible drying rack on a portable rolling rack that I had and I covered it up with a dark sheet to keep the light out with a tiny fan on the bottom to air flowing. I checked them last night after dinner and they were really dry it really scared me the hygrometer on the rack said 45. I immediately moved them back to jars and they rose back up to 58 last night and this morning there at 61 so I think at least I hope I’ve saved them I hope I didn’t screw up the cure. Is there a time limit for how long they can be to drive and you can’t get the cure going again? Like if they get over dried?

Random question do you know if rabbits can safely chew on stalks without leaves or buds? My friend says her at bunnies love pot but I don’t want to give her anything that would hurt the bunnies

image.jpg

I kept them on the drying racks for about 24 hours, but not good in my grow closet cause it was too full. I had to hang my mesh collapsible drying rack on a portable rolling rack that I had and I covered it up with a dark sheet to keep the light out with a tiny fan on the bottom to air flowing. I checked them last night after dinner and they were really dry it really scared me the hygrometer on the rack said 45. I immediately moved them back to jars and they rose back up to 58 last night and this morning there at 61 so I think at least I hope I’ve saved them I hope I didn’t screw up the cure. Is there a time limit for how long they can be to drive and you can’t get the cure going again? Like if they get over dried?
If they settled at 61 you should be fine, but what happened to the vaporizer?

Jar those up and burp , but not for long each time if your RH in the jar is 61 and it's dry at your house.
Random question do you know if rabbits can safely chew on stalks without leaves or buds? My friend says her at bunnies love pot but I don’t want to give her anything that would hurt the bunnies
There will be some THCa in the stems but it won't get the rabbit stoned. I'd let your friend ask her vet if she wants an official answer!

If they settled at 61 you should be fine, but what happened to the vaporizer?

Jar those up and burp , but not for long each time if your RH in the jar is 61 and it's dry at your house.

There will be some THCa in the stems but it won't get the rabbit stoned. I'd let your friend ask her vet if she wants an official answer!
The humidifier raises the level in the closet so fast and too high so I have to be home when it’s running so I can keep turning it on and off . I’m getting to keep my buds in the closet on the stems for about 3 to 4 days max.

When I get to 60 to 62 should I keep burping? Or just keep burping for a few weeks regardless of Rh?
Also, I have a food machine that vacuum seals my jars, so I thought once I’m done burping and I get in the 58 to 62 range I should add the boveda pack then vacuum seal. I really don’t understand how to know when all the chlorophyll is out.

Do you actually need to use boveda if you are vacuum sealing? I would have thought no, but maybe I am thinking poorly.
I don't know if you can know if all the chlorophyll is 'out' but there is a noticeable shift in the smell when it starts smelling more like weed and not just cut vegetation - I use that as my cue.

Do you actually need to use boveda if you are vacuum sealing? I would have thought no, but maybe I am thinking poorly.
I don't know if you can know if all the chlorophyll is 'out' but there is a noticeable shift in the smell when it starts smelling more like weed and not just cut vegetation - I use that as my cue.

bovedas work both ways and are a great tool to smooth things out for inexperienced growers. once the bud is stable, they will keep it that way long term. think a couple yrs or better.

it's hard for most growers to get the bud in to a long term stable state without a fair bit of experience. bovedas make the job much much easier.

Back
Top Bottom