Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Well, that's likely to happen regardless of what light you get right now. That doesn't mean it would be made obsolete, but superceded most certainly. That is the nature of electronics and while "Moore's Law" doesn't necessarily apply here, it's most assuredly what comes to mind when I read your statement. LED lighting has come miles from just 2 years ago, and 2 years from now, we may all look at what we're using now saying..."Man, I don't know how I ever grew decent meds with those lights". In fact, if they aren't considerably better I'd be upset. Anyway, trying to build in some future-proofing into a grow is a good idea, but as cannabis becomes more widely accepted and legal (albeit in different degrees) there will be many more products coming to an open market. Nutes and lights right at the front. My nutes are a year old, and they work well, but I'm already looking to my next grow and considering changing my nute line to see if there is something that's better.

We are talking about 4 months here, which is a ridiculously short space of time. If I spent $1140 on two lights that were claimed to be the worlds best by utilising this amazing spectrum that took years to develop and within 4 months of their release they were superseded by the new worlds best lights with an even better spectrum, then yes I'd be pi**ed. I'd also be doubting the validity of their claims.

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Well new car models come out yearly, and cost 15,000 dollars, and up.

Lots of recalls going on these days also. Warranties are important.

I-Gro's got a three year warranty, and I don't know of any better.

How things are being handled seem professional. idk

...along with new I-Phones, I-Pad's, Android devices...new TV's, computers...the list goes on and on these days.

I don't think anyone should get "pissed" because a company decides to continue to upgrade their current products. If you bought it today, it was the best they had "today"...and you own it.

As long as what you bought "today" serves well the purpose you bought it for, I don't see any reason to begrudge a company that constantly tries to make their products better. That usually serves them well since they end up with customers who will stay with them for years, upgrading what they already believe was a great product. (ie Apple products, etc)

Just my musings...YMMV

I'm really happy with my igrows, and I've still got 2.5 years worth of warranty, and with another grow, being for personal, I'll have paid for these lights, my jet engine other lights, nutes and timber for cupboards. If they f-up, I'll be covered, and if they go after the three years, I'll already be I front and with advancement in technology, be looking to buy the generation 4.20 lights by then anyways.

Well done on your informative journal icemud just seen your post over in jandres, I shall definitely be keeping an eye on both, seems I have got a lot more reading to do keep up the good work :bravo:

Congrats, oh and I just want to say that the ladies look lovely. I don't think that has been mentioned yet on your latest update. It seems like the LED just makes the nugs TJAT much better. I also love how mindful your girls are of their homes!

Congratulations on a well deserved MOTM nomination! :cheer:

Wow!! Thanks!! I didn't even know I was nominated until you mentioned it!!! Thats sweet!! Thank you!

Congrats, oh and I just want to say that the ladies look lovely. I don't think that has been mentioned yet on your latest update. It seems like the LED just makes the nugs TJAT much better. I also love how mindful your girls are of their homes!

Hey vitamin Green!! So far I am pretty happy on how things are going in the flowering room :) I wish I wouldn't have locked the plants out, but they still look amazing :) Thank you so much for your compliments :)

Well done on your informative journal icemud just seen your post over in jandres, I shall definitely be keeping an eye on both, seems I have got a lot more reading to do keep up the good work :bravo:

Hey Johnicannased!!! Welcome! Glad to have ya over here :)

Hey ICE!!!!

I just want to say F$&"**ing bad ass!!! Oh and I also hate you lol for getting GEN 2's!! I just purchased my GEN 1's! Haha. Just a quick question and I am pretty sure you had mentioned it in this journal but i thought I'd ask anyway. The programmer to the lights is the display always on? Or is there a way to turn off? Can the program be set then unplugged from the light? Also I am on am 18-6 schedule they are set to turn on at 8am then shut off at 2am. I woke up this morning round 7:30 and the lights were on but not full strength is that normal?

Thanks again

Hey ICE!!!!

I just want to say F$&"**ing bad ass!!! Oh and I also hate you lol for getting GEN 2's!! I just purchased my GEN 1's! Haha. Just a quick question and I am pretty sure you had mentioned it in this journal but i thought I'd ask anyway. The programmer to the lights is the display always on? Or is there a way to turn off? Can the program be set then unplugged from the light? Also I am on am 18-6 schedule they are set to turn on at 8am then shut off at 2am. I woke up this morning round 7:30 and the lights were on but not full strength is that normal?

Thanks again

Hahaha....Hey Wreched! I have to say I am extremely happy with my Gen 1's, they are producing some of my best looking nugs yet to date :) I think you will be pleased with your Gen 1's as well :)

So to answer your questions...

Yes the program controller's light is always on when it is plugged into the lights, even during the dark period. I typically will tuck my controller into one of the vent ports on my grow tent to eliminate any light leaks, but you probably could just put some tape and a piece of cardboard over the display to also eliminate the light during dark periods. ( I think that is what you probably were getting at) :)

As far as I know, there is not a way to turn the controller backlit display off, so I would suggest just covering it up with some paper or tape or felt or something if light leaks are a concern.

The program controller can not be removed from the light if you are using the custom light schedule, however, if you are just using the lights on a digital timer (no intensity dimming or spectrum changes) then you can use the lights without the controller. Without the controller you would have the 3 switches on top of the panels in which turn on or off the 3 spectrums, so you would just leave all switches in the on position and use a digital timer to control your dark/light periods. The controller is what tells the lights when to dim and what channels to dim, but is not necessary if you are not using those features.

The lights do come on slightly ahead of the schedule you set, I noticed about 1/2 hour or so before the scheduled time for daylight on...(they slowly fade from 0 intensity and up). But yea this is normal. If you were concerned with going over the 18 hours slightly, then you could remove 1 hour from the recommended schedule and then you would be getting 17.5/6.5 lighting. I don't think the slight 1/2 ON time though will effect much as I haven't seen any negative effects in my grow.

I am using the 18/6 schedule that is recommended by the company with no ill effects, and also currently using the 12/12 schedule in my Gen 1 tent with no ill effects. I believe that this may be due to the intensity being not enough to power photosynthesis (light compensation point). Plants also don't respond directly to light in the morning, but rather anticipate the day by their circadian rhythm so the plant actually wakes itself up, just like when you get used to your alarmclock in the morning and wake up at that time, even without the alarm going off. So I think overall you should be fine :)

Hope this answers your questions. If you have anymore, feel free to ask :)

Hahaha....Hey Wreched! I have to say I am extremely happy with my Gen 1's, they are producing some of my best looking nugs yet to date :) I think you will be pleased with your Gen 1's as well :)

So to answer your questions...

Yes the program controller's light is always on when it is plugged into the lights, even during the dark period. I typically will tuck my controller into one of the vent ports on my grow tent to eliminate any light leaks, but you probably could just put some tape and a piece of cardboard over the display to also eliminate the light during dark periods. ( I think that is what you probably were getting at) :)

As far as I know, there is not a way to turn the controller backlit display off, so I would suggest just covering it up with some paper or tape or felt or something if light leaks are a concern.

The program controller can not be removed from the light if you are using the custom light schedule, however, if you are just using the lights on a digital timer (no intensity dimming or spectrum changes) then you can use the lights without the controller. Without the controller you would have the 3 switches on top of the panels in which turn on or off the 3 spectrums, so you would just leave all switches in the on position and use a digital timer to control your dark/light periods. The controller is what tells the lights when to dim and what channels to dim, but is not necessary if you are not using those features.

The lights do come on slightly ahead of the schedule you set, I noticed about 1/2 hour or so before the scheduled time for daylight on...(they slowly fade from 0 intensity and up). But yea this is normal. If you were concerned with going over the 18 hours slightly, then you could remove 1 hour from the recommended schedule and then you would be getting 17.5/6.5 lighting. I don't think the slight 1/2 ON time though will effect much as I haven't seen any negative effects in my grow.

I am using the 18/6 schedule that is recommended by the company with no ill effects, and also currently using the 12/12 schedule in my Gen 1 tent with no ill effects. I believe that this may be due to the intensity being not enough to power photosynthesis (light compensation point). Plants also don't respond directly to light in the morning, but rather anticipate the day by their circadian rhythm so the plant actually wakes itself up, just like when you get used to your alarmclock in the morning and wake up at that time, even without the alarm going off. So I think overall you should be fine :)

Hope this answers your questions. If you have anymore, feel free to ask :)

Thanks so much for the info ICE!!!! I just did my setup last night, pics and the link to my journal will be up hopefully today. Happy growing!!

Thanks so much for the info ICE!!!! I just did my setup last night, pics and the link to my journal will be up hopefully today. Happy growing!!

Hey Wreched....I found out today that there is a way to turn off the controller light... I was told to hold the left arrow for a few seconds and the light will go off, and to turn it back on, hold the left arrow again. I haven't tried it because both of my tents are sleeping currently, but if ya wanna try it and let me know if it works..that would be awesome...otherwise I will check it tomorrow when my tents are on.

So got a pm off skunnymonster, about how David won't be around to uphold my warranty and will be in a beach drinking cocktails. Uncalled for really, and why would I get this? It was titled "sorry to burst your bubble", I haven't even made any bubble yet, lol

Hey Wreched....I found out today that there is a way to turn off the controller light... I was told to hold the left arrow for a few seconds and the light will go off, and to turn it back on, hold the left arrow again. I haven't tried it because both of my tents are sleeping currently, but if ya wanna try it and let me know if it works..that would be awesome...otherwise I will check it tomorrow when my tents are on.

Success!!!!!

So got a pm off skunnymonster, about how David won't be around to uphold my warranty and will be in a beach drinking cocktails. Uncalled for really, and why would I get this? It was titled "sorry to burst your bubble", I haven't even made any bubble yet, lol

I am not sure why you would receive a PM like this but I would go to the company about it, because I highly doubt it is true that he would do such a thing.

That's why I let it be known. My dealings with David lead me to believe he's an upstanding person and I have nothing to fear. Maybe skunnys working for another company???? I'm thinking David still looks in on these journals.

Back
Top Bottom