Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Hi Grizz, I don't work for any LED company I just know you can buy these lights on alibaba for $150. I don't like seeing people mislead into spending hundreds of extra $$$ & being ripped off by false claims. Unlike some on here I have scruples

-------------------------------------------------------

Right you lot, I've got a one time special offer on a flying carpet. PM me if your interested, 1st to see will buy
Skunny....

Skunny,

I want to first off apologize to you for my last post. After further investigation of this issue of the panels being the same/or exclusive to Igro, I have found out that MY statement was in fact not accurate. I 100% believe in honesty and I try my hardest to only be accurate with what I present here on 420 magazine, so I will bow my head and I have no problem fessing up to when I am wrong or misled... and with my response, I am wrong, so I sincerely apologize.

How I found this out and what it means...(this is where it really gets interesting)

So after you wrote your post, I took it to heart to make sure that I was 100% correct in repeating what information I have been presented and/or interpreted to be true. I contacted the President of CTlite, and asked him what is different about CTlites panels vs Intelligent gro. He told me exactly this
we only producing one type of products, so no any different with LED driver or LED chips or Spectrum.

At this point I was not even more unsure as to what to believe. I called David at Intelligent Gro to speak with him and why he told me that Intelligent Gro has a proprietary spectrum, and it is different from CTlite? When Intelligent Gro ordered their Generation 2 panels, David had worked with Ctlite in making changes to their original design, layout, Spectrum ratio Blend and specific Bandwidths, as well as other changes internally to the Intelligent Gro lights... (supposed to be exclusive to Intelligent gro)

Ctlite also created a newer version panel at the same time as David had his Gen II panels made and this design was supposed to be exclusive for Intelligent Gro. However, recently finding Ctlite has updated their pictures of a newer version panel it is looking identical to what David established with Ctlite to have made, they seem to be in fact the same exact product.

At this point whether CTlite actually did what they were supposed to, producing a separate blend/spectrum for I-Gro vs CTlite's panels is in major question now and Intelligent Gro is investigating the validity of this statement, by the President of Ctlite who is mainly responsible for R&D at CTlites. I quote, "so no any different with LED Driver or LED chips or spectrum".

Now with this being said, I already know that CTLight practices shady business and I have had my photos stolen from my grow journal here at 420 magazine, and used by CTlite without my authorization on Alibaba, 4 of their facebook pages, including the Presidents own facebook page. I have request 5 times now that my photos be removed, all of them, and they only comply to remove the ones I find. I keep finding more of my photos stolen on their (CTlite) websites, pages, and even on the brochures that were sent with my recent gen 2 lights. (By the way I am speaking solely on CTlite, not Intelligent Gro)

I am extremely pissed off that CTlite has Illegally stolen my intellectual property, again and again, and they have repeatedly told me that they would remove all of them and "apologized" to me but my photos keep popping up. The reason that I am sharing this as it shows that CTlite has poor business ethics, does not care about stealing and theft, and promote shady business practices.

Now the reason that I am sharing this background information with everyone, is because I already know that CTlite is promoting shady business ethics, and not to be trusted. Now on the flipside of this, I have talked with David of Intelligent Gro many times over the past few months and the actions of CTlite and their unscrupulous business practices is NOT a reflection of David, his staff or of Intelligent Gro company core values. (He is as pissed about this as I am about my photos)

David is trying his 100% absolute best to provide the growing community top notch products, and to provide a USA based company, that honors its 3 year warranty, and does do complete product checks and Quality assurance checks when the panels are received.

According to the President of CTlite, the lights are all the same. According to David, Intelligent Gro ordered a proprietary blend to be used with Intelligent Gro panels, and this is true. The idea of the white chips being moved out of the center cob from gen 1 to gen 2 was David's idea as he explained to me on the phone (along with other blend/spectrum changes/case modifications and internal modifications)... and when you go to alibaba, you will see that the panels they sell also have the white chips moved out of the center cob and in the exact same positions as the Igro panels and the exact same blend of LED chips.

So due to the unethical and scandalous business practices of CTlite, already displayed that they are not trustworthy, by stealing my photos, I almost can see that they probably took David's Spectrum (his proprietary blend) and made the changes, but then stole the blend and put it on all of their panels too. ******This is my speculation, but if what I am being told on both sides is true, than this seems to be the case.

It also seems that the drivers are in fact the same drivers used in Intelligent Gro and CTlite, and other internal components are the same. I know that when the Generation 2 order was place, David HAD also requested other internal changes such as the addition of quick disconnect clips to make it very simple to swap out the drivers IF they went bad, and CTlight did not comply with his order or request.

Since CTlite had no problem stealing my photos and using them without authorization I wouldn't put it past them that they also most likely stole David's spectrum recommendations as well?(again speculation on that last part but at this point it is back up by some supporting facts)

So I stand completely corrected in my statements in response to Skunnymonster's post, and my apologies to everyone for being misled in what I believed to be true.

Now I do want to point out that, IF Intelligent Gro is just a reseller/rebranding company,(by default and not by choice) I do know that David is all about providing the best customer service to his customers, and will do whatever it takes to honor his no hassle warranty, inspect the panels, and does truly care about his customers.

This IS something that CAN NOT be provided through CTlite, and this is what validates the comfort of ordering through Intelligent Gro, as you do have a US warranty, you do have US representation, and you do have someone who cares and don't have to deal with the hassles of importing/exporting through customs, as well as do not have to order larger quantities as you would have to do when buying directly through Ctlite as a distributor. (Ctlite does not sell to individuals only business to business)

So I wanted to clarify everything that I have found out over the past 24 hours, and also apologize to the 420 community for posting inaccurate statements based off what I was told, as well as recently discovered. (I uphold my integrity and honesty in everything I do and all aspects of life, and by me being misled with this conflicting information, I am somewhat ashamed that I have also repeated these untruthful statements to the 420 community, even though I did so unknowingly as the information I assumed was correct as coming from Intelligent Gro.

I do think David is a very good person, and I have no reason to believe that any of this confusion was a representation of his beliefs and I do want to say that I am happy with my Intelligent Gro panels, and they are working very well as my photos will show. David has been made aware of this message that I am now posting and he had no hesitations and encouraged that I share the truth.
I hope that all of you can respect the fact that I am coming forward, admitting I was wrong, and that I hold my integrity, honesty and factual information very high in my beliefs, as I truly care about the 420 community and plan to for years to come.

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Good man Ice.

Icemud, No wonder you were MOM. :)

Looking after us all, just as she would!! :rofl:

Bro I have said these are resold for months. Weather by choice or default...its the same light. Customer service is a good thing to have when the lights fail at a rather alarming rate. Either way the parts still have to come from China and you're grow is suffering because of the down time. The best solution is to have working lights...Having a warranty is nice, I'll agree. It's even nicer to have working products that don't require warranty work...I could set up an LLC with my wife (Intella grow) and buy 5 grand's worth of lights give a couple away to some stoners and sell my resold lights too. To me an led company isn't a company unless they at least assemble the lights. A reseller makes a web site and hustles. I believe (which I have all along) that we are seeing the later...

I don't know what the fork is going on, but I'll say, these lights work so well on so many different levels. Not wasting spectrum, quiet, footprint & penetration. I have noticed that people having troubles are with the bigger units??? Mine are the 114w, and heat troubles aren't an issue with these smaller units either. i really don't have one bad word to say about these lights, but I'm just glad I got mine early and a huge discount.

Haha, I'm British so I have no idea what that means jaamzhow, what I'll do is explain myself to you.

I've been growing for somewhere in the region of 10 years using HPS and I've been happy with the results. This year I decided I'd look into the possibility of switching to LED lights in an effort to reduce my ever increasing energy bill. Here in the UK we are some way behind the US with LED growing so there are no UK companies producing lights, this is probably down to the illegality of growing our favourite girls. Having found nothing of interest in the UK my internet search led me to two countries, the US & China. Here I found many lights were available and many a tall tale too.

What I discovered with China is they are way behind with their websites, they are not user friendly for purchasing & contain little information. I did however manage to contact quite a few suppliers to obtain the information I required. Most of the Chinese suppliers have an English speaking member or a sales rep that covers your area. So with the knowledge I'd accrued on the Chinese units, I moved my search onto the US.

In the US you have many shiny websites from companies pushing their lights as the best in the world, many claim to have secret formula spectrum, amazing lenses that increase penetration, etc, etc, etc. Some websites I came across contained lovely colourful graphs showing how their light was so much better than anyone elses yet a pattern was starting to develop. I kept seeing Chinese lights that had been re-branded & had the same spec but with vastly inflated prices.

I started to look closely at the claims made by all the US companies, whether re-branded or own design & what I found was lots & lots of hot air with no real substance. These companies are targeting the home grower of cannabis and have no history in the horticulture industry. How can they have the secret formula with no experience in the industry? A quick look into the history of these companies & you soon find they have only just started up in business. If we take Intelligent Gro as an example, they have only been trading for 6 months. (I am privy to some contrasting information on David, his activities & lack of knowledge but I will refrain from making that public)

So with all this information on board, I started to look for evidence in the form of results. I searched youtube & various online cannabis growing communities to try & learn from their experience. I saw many Chinese lights in action & producing great results, I saw many US re-branded & own brand lights producing the same results. NOT ONE of these 'Best lights in the world' was out performing the Chinese lights.

I've learnt that there is no magic formula in any of these US lights, what you have in the US is enterprising (unscrupulous) people jumping on the gravy train. There are a lot of gullible people out there and these companies are there to exploit them. Religion is popular for the very same reason, people want to believe and are easy to deceive.

Now I'm not saying every light from China gets the gold seal of approval as they have issues there too. There are poor quality units coming out of China that will leave a sour taste in the mouth of the purchaser. The ones found on Alibaba have a history of reliability issues and they seem to be quite happy ripping people off. There are many un-branded lights on fleabay also. The downside of companies like this is they will deter people from buying Chinese & turn to US branded lights where they will get ripped off once again.

I concluded in my search, that the world of LED grow lights is not a nice place. Trying to find a quality product at a good price with proven reliability is possible but f*ck me it's hard work. There are Chinese companies with 3 year warranties available with a proven record of reliability & results.

Here is an idiot proof explanation on LED grow lights.

Cannabis can only benefit from part of the light spectrum & almost all modern units will provide this.
Cannabis can only absorb so much light & almost all modern units will provide this, cannabis will suffer if the intensity of this light is too strong, therefore voiding the 'most powerful in the world' claims as bullsh*t

The choice is yours what you do with your money at the end of the day, buy what you want from where you want, just don't say I didn't warn you.

I agree with the majority of your post skunny. One sentence in there particularly caught my eye, and it speaks volumes: "I concluded in my search, that the world of LED grow lights is not a nice place."

So true, but all the seemingly necessary leg work to successfully wade through the chaff aside, there is enough information from trustworthy sources (not the least of which are a battery of good growers right here on this site) to minimize the distance of your individual "leap of faith", but you still gotta take one it seems if you don't want to do all that research.

I believe in time the truth will outweigh the lies & sites like this will only help to speed up that process. It's just unfortunate that this is a boom industry where everyone is trying to make a quick buck and saturating us in bullsh*t

Pretty much ALL LED light panels and their components are made in China like nearly everything else is any more. I guess I just took it for granted this was common knowledge? I mean, has no one noticed the eerie similarity between the Mars II and the Black Dog panels? What's happening is that the Chinese companies are the manufacturing plant and they realized that with only a little more work, they can sell directly to consumers and undercut the resellers while, in some cases, also benefitting from their R&D. In the US, those companies would be liable for intellectual property theft and unfair competition, but China doesn't care about things like that, so this is what you get. Yay capitalism.

Doesn't mean that ALL Chinese companies are evil, but in this case it's clear that these lights CAN do the job and who would you rather be dealing with and supporting, Dave who is working to improve the lights and cares about his customer's satisfaction or the guy stealing his ideas and Icemud's pictures?

It's too easy to simply look at dollar amounts and declare "rip off". Sometimes it's true (and Skunnymonster is right that the LED industry has been rife with it, especially if you're buying from Fleabay or Alibaba), but often it's just the way reselling and manufacturing affiliations work. Hopefully it won't shock anyone when I tell you that the same principles are true with just about every electronic/appliance/gizmo there is. That's how you can get tv's that have the same specs and build as name brand, but have some off-brand logo on them. It's been a standard practice in car manufacturing for decades. Chinese I-Phone "knockoffs" are notorious.

I found some videos online explaining how to disassemble and replace parts on the CT lights :)

I like my Chinese LED. It is not one of the ones listed for Icemud's grow so I will not mention it but Icemud actually did a good review of it on another grow. Icemud is very fair in his reviews. I really respect his opinion.

yeah, Icemud is awesome for certain! :) (actually, I'm really enjoying most of the journals I'm following on 420mag) And as I've mentioned elsewhere, I would've gone with LEDs from Sarah but I felt the ability to dim the intensity was a critical feature for my situation. I didn't want to be disappointed by putting too little power in my cab, but I also didn't want to cook the plants by putting too much power in there... :)

Do you know how to color balance your camera for the light source using an 18% gray card? (I saw "color balance" mentioned somewhere in your journals.) Let me know if you need some information about how to do this. I was a photographer in a "former life".

Yeah right, another LED seller gets exposed for repackaging Chinese units, then claims the Chinese company stole the idea from him in the first place.

Same old story. Wake up people. Expose this charlatan before anyone else gets ripped off.

No offence to Icemud, you seem like a decent guy, but come on man!! The writing is on the wall here. It's as clear as day.

And you Dave, well I just hope you can sleep at night mate. Try getting a proper job.

Doozy,
What makes you think that the folks at Intelligent-Gro are "charlatans"? I browsed their website and didn't notice any mention of the manufacturing location for their lights. There are relatively few items designed and sold by US companies that are NOT manufactured, in whole or in part, elsewhere in the world. As someone who spent over 32 years with a US based manufacturer, I am not particularly happy about this situation but it is simply a fact of life in 2014.

Sheesh, lighten up, folks. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Exactly. Yes. 'baba is a wonderous place to find the source of many products being promoted worldwide by various resellers. If a guy "mis-speaks" about his exclusivity, or if the Chinese company lists his product on 'baba - same, same - same lights. So if you want to deal directly with the plant, you can. Anyone can. And if something doesn't go well, who do you think you're going to complain to?

These are expensive lights. If a guy thinks it's worth it to deal directly with the factory, go for it. You can probably save a couple hundred bucks. But Dave gets crucified if he doesn't treat one of us right, doesn't he? Dave has a lot invested in this. Dave is the guy sweating things out.

Give Dave a break, ok?

Back
Top Bottom