Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Hey everyone.... So today makes day 55 of flowering, I'm guessing another 2-3 weeks and harvest will be coming :)

I am finally seeing signs of new growth on the girls after the lockout so that is definitely a good sign, hopefully the swell up even more over these last 2-3 weeks :)

Overall the buds look amazing, really dense, rock hard, smell amazing and loaded with trichomes :) I can't wait to taste this batch :)

I haven't done anything to the girls since I flushed them about a week ago, the soil is actually still moist and so I wont be feeding them for at least another 4-5 days.

Here are the pics for today, day 55 flowering :)

IMG_0001137.JPG
IMG_0002145.JPG
IMG_0003151.JPG
IMG_0004142.JPG
IMG_0005143.JPG
IMG_0006128.JPG
IMG_0007117.JPG
IMG_0008110.JPG
IMG_0009114.JPG
IMG_0010109.JPG
IMG_001195.JPG

Re: Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Revi

Nice photos man, tripped me out, thought I could smell a couple of those buds there so clear, but then I looked down into my bowl. Good stuff ice

Looking really great Ice. I said it before but I'm sold on those lights. When I get new lights they are gonna be intelligent grow lights.;)

sick as tits my bruddah!!!!! aka very nice looking cannabis plants.:rocker:

Thanks BID!!! So far so good :) shouldn't be long before I get to taste these new strains :)

They definitely ARE looking tasty Ice.
:yummy:

Thanks Governmentchz!!!! The black cherry cola I'm most excited for, very floral fruity smell (similar to blue dream) :)

Nice photos man, tripped me out, thought I could smell a couple of those buds there so clear, but then I looked down into my bowl. Good stuff ice

hahaha, Thanks! Yeah they are definitely giving off that funky smell of lovelyness.

Looking really great Ice. I said it before but I'm sold on those lights. When I get new lights they are gonna be intelligent grow lights.;)

Hey Stealthgro!! You will be happy when you do, so far they are performing very well in both of my tents :)

I want to see par readings of all your LED lights for reaaallll

I actually did all 4 LED's that I have, you can find them on my youtube channel. I also plan on doing my HPS and CMH lights as well, but will take some time until I figure out how to hang them in my place, and where I have the room to do the tests.

Day 58 of flowering..

So the girls are all finally showing signs of growth, after almost 2 weeks of not much growth due to the soil lockout, but finally all of them are showing nice healthy white pistils. :) Also it seems that the buds have been swelling up quite a bit this last few days so I hope from here on out I wont have any issues.

I had a batch of compost tea going (just my premixed soil and water bubbled with about 30ml of molasses). Instead of "soil drenching" that I have been doing by giving the girls tons of water, I decided to put the compost tea in my pressurized sprayer and just give about 1 cup of water to each plant. I think if I give them just a little water everyday instead of dumping 8-10 cups of water 1x per week, I think it will allow the soil to regain health as well as wont let the soil get too wet where problems occur.

I will not be foliar feeding these girls through the remainder of the cycle as Docbud recommended, since the foliars sort of "replace" the need for stripping minerals from the soil, therefor the plants are not using the salt ions in the soil, hence the buildup of EC.

Other than just the light feeding, I have been shaking my poor mans CO2 jugs every day 1 to 2 times to get the bubbling enhanced in the jugs. Also about every week I dump out about 3/4 of the water, add fresh water and sugar and let them do their thing. (thanks BID for the details on CO2 fermentation techniques).

Well here are some photos for today, Day 58 of flowering :)

IMG_0001140.JPG
IMG_0002149.JPG
IMG_0003155.JPG
IMG_0004146.JPG
IMG_0005147.JPG
IMG_0006131.JPG
IMG_0008113.JPG
IMG_0009117.JPG
IMG_0010112.JPG

I actually did all 4 LED's that I have, you can find them on my youtube channel. I also plan on doing my HPS and CMH lights as well, but will take some time until I figure out how to hang them in my place, and where I have the room to do the tests.

Thank you for your excellent tests and reporting.. :)

Hey buddy :Namaste:

Glad to hear the girls are feeling better. I was waaaaay behind on your journal so I mostly looked at pictures. Glad I mostly missed the bruahaha about LED panels :blalol:

Could you go back over your lockout diagnoses? ie symptoms

My store doesn't have the EJ stuff, so I'll have to order them online. Basement budget is low atm, so it will have to wait a bit. I'll keep making tea with what I got. So far the girls are liking it.

Thanks for sharing your experiences :thumb:

Hello Ice. I know the feeling of getting your plants past their issues. It's like an instant relief from nagging stress. I'll be right here waiting for chop day.

Ice

just curious no hoods needed, even if to block light from your eyes in the room.

Would it benefit a grow to make a reflector for an LED, or are that direct down firing not to need any?

Looking sticky and sweet Ice:high-five::Namaste:

Thanks Troyjan!!!! So far they are looking great, and smelling even better :)

Thank you for your excellent tests and reporting.. :)

Thanks DrZiggy!!!! You are welcome :) I try to give all the info that I as a grower would want to know :)

Hey buddy :Namaste:

Glad to hear the girls are feeling better. I was waaaaay behind on your journal so I mostly looked at pictures. Glad I mostly missed the bruahaha about LED panels :blalol:

Could you go back over your lockout diagnoses? ie symptoms

My store doesn't have the EJ stuff, so I'll have to order them online. Basement budget is low atm, so it will have to wait a bit. I'll keep making tea with what I got. So far the girls are liking it.

Thanks for sharing your experiences :thumb:

Hey Hiker!!! Glad to have ya hear and as the saying goes...better late than never :)

So the lockout...

The first signs I noticed were the leaves showing discoloration, many of the fan leaves started turning yellow, but not just like a N deficiency, but also showed tips burned and some dead patches. This was my first sign.

Then I noticed that my watering frequency had to be spread out more, as the girls weren't taking up water like they normally would. I was watering about 1x per week but when the lockout occured, at 1 week the soil seemed still moist so this was my 2nd sign.

The 3rd sign was the buds just stopped growing, and I didn't see any more white pistils protruding out of the buds, therefore, I knew that the plants were just kind of sitting in limbo, not growing, but not dying, so I knew something was wrong.

At first I had thought it was just too frequent of watering, which caused a root rot of some type, which meant there wasn't as many roots supporting the plant growth, but after seeking some expert advice from our very own Docbud, he suggested it was too high of salt EC. When I flushed the girls soil, i took ppm readings of the runoff and the plants that showed the most discoloration and lockout, the higher the ppm in the runoff (some were over 2000ppm). This confirmed Docbud was right and that my soil EC was way to high, basically it was frying the roots and not allowing the plant to uptake anything. He also mentioned this could be because of too frequent of foliar feedings which the plant was using the nutrients in the foliar feedings, not needing what was in the soil and so the salts built up. He suggested that I spread out my foliar feedings from 1x per week to 2x per week.

This pretty much were the signs that I saw when I knew I had a problem, but now that I see that white pistils are starting to grow on all of my plants, I know that they are recovering and the plants are starting to grow again, as well as the buds have slightly swelled over the past few days.

Hello Ice. I know the feeling of getting your plants past their issues. It's like an instant relief from nagging stress. I'll be right here waiting for chop day.

Your right, I was so relieved to see that the plants are growing healthy again and that all the leaf discoloration stopped :) definitely a big sigh of relief and very happy that they are healthy :) I am just glad that even though they were locked out, the buds themselves still look amazing, I can't wait to taste this batch :)

Back
Top Bottom