I'm Back Again Blue Dream, Sun West

13.75 oz. largest harvest to date.
The smoke is great. Not a crazy head high, or all couch lock, but quite enjoyable. Friend of mine said it reminded him of a candy like taste. Another friend said it helps with his back pain, must be all the CBD I’m guessing.

CECCF210-3B57-4AC5-B474-EE907E2F466B.jpeg
BAFC1895-1BA3-40B4-B5EC-34A212B89888.jpeg
EF92D489-F1A5-4C72-9B65-50B1794A353C.jpeg
9D0EECF8-CD0B-4611-9A50-DB68E286B7E2.jpeg

Then I decided to make some oil for my friend. Haven’t tried this yet myself, but he loves it.

7067675D-F709-46A6-BD7D-C6492735442A.jpeg

B09F706D-710C-4FA1-AD17-4DDB4FDE848C.jpeg

All in all a great grow. Thank you all for following along and giving advice. You all make growing worth while.
The Oil is looking good. I make Gel Caps too and that is what I use most of the time. Congrats on a Great harvest

My oil is always Dark like that. I think it is from it cooking at 160 for 8 hours twice , Some times I run it three times. I do like my Gel Caps though.

Congrats on the harvest! That oil looks nice and clean too. Did you decarb before making it or after? My oil is always dark brown from color of the decarbed buds.

I made the oil using isopropyl alcohol and boiled off the alcohol off using a stainless steel cup and a coffee percolator. So the heat from the percolator would have decarbed the oil.

Let me tell you that the oil is thick, seriously thick. Like frozen molasses when cold, and seriously strong. Gave enough for a paper or two to a friend and he loved it. Said it was among the best oil he ever smoked. I’m a light weight, so I’m a little apprehensive about trying it myself.

I think it won't be too strong for you if that's all the decarb it went through. That's nothing like the 110ºC for 110 minutes standard for decarboxylation.
Perhaps I’ll pop it back into the cup and bake it in the toaster oven for a while.

110 minutes? That right?

Once it was boiled down to the thickest, which took hours and hours at just below a roiling boil, it was on there for 2 or 3 hours. Had to make sure all the iso was out of the oil.

I’ll get a thermal gun tomorrow and check the temperature the hot plate on the perc and see what it gets too.

I'm not sure I understand how you made the oil (oil and iso together and then boiled off?), and I'm not sure what temperature a roiling boil is for oil, but if you did it at 212ºF for 2-3 hours then you probably pretty close to decarbed.

Though THC doesn't decarb as well in oil as it does by itself:
"The oil acting as an insulator means that you won’t get a fully activated product if you don’t decarb before the infusion process."
Source

I'd test it for yourself before you bother with any more heat. It just might be perfect for you!

I made some using ever clear and boiled that off and I got a Black tar like substance I hit it in my Dab rig. Nice buzz for an hour or so but there is No way I would try to eat it or put it in edibles. The buzz just doesn't last long.

Sorry about all the questions! You can just stop answering whenever you want, but I'm curious about the process :). And I still think you should try it out before you do anything else.

Iso boils at 180ºF, which isn't really near decarb temps. Also, was it 99% iso?

High proof ethyl alcohol (190 proof Everclear is available in some states here) or even 151 proof is safer than iso. Just a thought.

Sorry about all the questions! You can just stop answering whenever you want, but I'm curious about the process :). And I still think you should try it out before you do anything else.

Iso boils at 180ºF, which isn't really near decarb temps. Also, was it 99% iso?

High proof ethyl alcohol (190 proof Everclear is available in some states here) or even 151 proof is safer than iso. Just a thought.

You got a green light on the questions man. Ask away.

Yes. 99% iso was used. 151 proof anything is actually illegal in Canada so hard to come across that here. I’ll definitely give it a go before I do any changes.

Hello my friends. Been a while i know, my apologies. I ended up having surgery on my spine and that put me out of commission for a good bit and now the world is having some serious problems and we're all doing the social distancing thing. Guess I got loads of time to chat.

Smoke Report. This is great stuff, with a amazing smell. The high is relaxing but not "couch lock" levels. I'm a light-weight and very little goes a long way. Probably half a J is perfect for me.

Also started a new grow a couple weeks ago. Will post back with a link in a bit if anyone wants to follow.

Hope everyone is safe in these trying times.

I hope your recovery goes well and doesn't take too long. Thanks for the smoke report. I am a light weight when it comes to smoking because I don't smoke too often. I use more edibles and my tolerance is high with those. I have to take a tolerance brake now and then so I am not eating 8 or 10 caps to get a buzz.

Back
Top Bottom