Info needed

How do you folks store your MC?

I put the big bag in a 4.5gal bucket with a home depot screw-on lid. I got the bag at the end of Oct, stuck it in there, and opened it yesterday.

I'd found before, that the balls of Ca would get real dark if they were exposed to moisture. I assume it's the Ca because that's whats happens when I make a gypsum tonic, it turns black. Seems like the lid works because there was only one or 2 balls that were sort of dark.

I "decant" the bag into a 1l food storage container that's supposed to be air tight. It isn't. It holds about 64 dry ozs of mc. From Oct til now, there was, progressively, a lot of black balls. I finally got some 50g packs of color changing dessicant and shoved them in. Just replenished the "air proof" container with no black balls, we'll see how it goes! It's been great for two days!

So what do y'all do?

Ov
How do you folks store your MC?

I put the big bag in a 4.5gal bucket with a home depot screw-on lid. I got the bag at the end of Oct, stuck it in there, and opened it yesterday.

I'd found before, that the balls of Ca would get real dark if they were exposed to moisture. I assume it's the Ca because that's whats happens when I make a gypsum tonic, it turns black. Seems like the lid works because there was only one or 2 balls that were sort of dark.

I "decant" the bag into a 1l food storage container that's supposed to be air tight. It isn't. It holds about 64 dry ozs of mc. From Oct til now, there was, progressively, a lot of black balls. I finally got some 50g packs of color changing dessicant and shoved them in. Just replenished the "air proof" container with no black balls, we'll see how it goes! It's been great for two days!

So what do y'all do?

One pint (500ml) canning jars work well, and it's easy to reach the bottom with a spoon. Each one holds 600 - 650 grams of Mega Crop. It takes 16 to empty the 10Kg bag.

@Old Salt
So you do not have to use Cannazym/Rhizotonic or Boost when using MC in Coco/Perlite DTW?
CaliMagic/Epsom?

@Old Salt
So you do not have to use Cannazym/Rhizotonic or Boost when using MC in Coco/Perlite DTW?
CaliMagic/Epsom?

I hven't used Cannazym/Rhizotonic in any of my grows. That includes both the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio, and Mega Crop grows.

I hven't used Cannazym/Rhizotonic in any of my grows. That includes both the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio, and Mega Crop grows.

What all are you adding to you nute solutions? Damn man, if I can eliminate Cannazym/Rhizotonic and Boost from my grows I would save a fortune. And cutting down on the cost of base nutes is a winner.

Not sure why but The Mega Crop Thread is not accepting replies so I'll post here.

Just gave my 1st round of MC to seedlings. 1g /gallon should be okay right? Cant believe how bad this MC smells. And it stays with u for a while too. Going to go smoke some weed to smell better :)
:passitleft:

Not sure why but The Mega Crop Thread is not accepting replies so I'll post here.

it was already asked about here :

prolly find out in a bit.
i get a feeling another one will pop up as there were so many users

Just gave my 1st round of MC to seedlings. 1g /gallon should be okay right? Cant believe how bad this MC smells. And it stays with u for a while too. Going to go smoke some weed to smell better :)

1g / gal is very weak. essentially foliar. depending how old the seedlings are 2g / gal is the general starting point.

it was already asked about here :

prolly find out in a bit.

I contacted the moderators asking why it was closed. The only other thread I saw this way was the Mars Hydro thread, and it was opened about two weeks after I first noticed it.

I contacted the moderators asking why it was closed. The only other thread I saw this way was the Mars Hydro thread, and it was opened about two weeks after I first noticed it.

it could be the way of the dodo... :bongrip:
i'm getting enough questions about it myself that i wouldn't be surprised if other threads surface replacing it.

edit : it would be funny if @GreenleafNutr finally decided to assign a sponsor mod to re-gain control lol .... :cheesygrinsmiley:

it could be the way of the dodo... :bongrip:
i'm getting enough questions about it myself that i wouldn't be surprised if other threads surface replacing it.

edit : it would be funny if @GreenleafNutr finally decided to assign a sponsor mod to re-gain control lol .... :cheesygrinsmiley:

GLN told me they had their wrists slapped for providing support here. I think they would need to become a sponsor.

GLN told me they had their wrists slapped for providing support here. I think they would need to become a sponsor.

what support was that ?

.... most i got from members was junk about them being silent or absent , or shit about how the thread gave them crap and shooed them away... :laughtwo:

should really send the mods :green_heart: over it all ...

edit : if they are un-paid they should be.

have no problem with them running their own thread. would likely be pretty trafficked.....
could send me another bag in thanks for laying the groundwork ... would have MC til i was in my 80'S lol .. :rofl:

I'm sure that would run afoul of the rules since they're not a sponsor and other nute companies are.

meant as a sponsor.

was under the impression they were a non-participating sponsor. their status was buried in the thread somewhere.
at any rate, think i made it clear it would be good for them to be a paid sponsor if they are not ....

the mods will have a reply if and when it warrants. there's other fish frying i'm sure..

edit : ya know what ... ? thaat's now in another thread lol .... :laughtwo:

i'll go looking ...

edit edit : it's mentioned as an edit here lol .... :p

I just went with 1g/gallon to be safe since I never used this stuff b4. The seeds are just popping above the surface. 5 of 5 made it. So far so good with MC. Will bump up to 2g in a few days. Thanks for the advice.

I just went with 1g/gallon to be safe since I never used this stuff b4. The seeds are just popping above the surface. 5 of 5 made it. So far so good with MC. Will bump up to 2g in a few days. Thanks for the advice.

yeah if they are that young stay under 2g / gal until after the first set of true leaves...

Back
Top Bottom