Inside The Mini-Tent, 150W LED, Going Coco For Tropicanna Bananna

25/05/2020- 4 weeks old
Hey guys, it's Monday and it marks 4 weeks since she popped her head out of the ground!!

She's too big in her fabric pot to take her in and out the tent to deal with run off. Plus I really don't want to disturb her roots with is far too easy with these fabric pots. So I have come up with a temporary solution to that until payday comes and I can invest in some feeding system that also deals with run off.

I've basically just drilled some holes in the tray I was using to hold her and I've put a smaller tray underneath to catch the run off from the pot.

IMG_20200525_194220.jpg
IMG_20200525_194223.jpg
IMG_20200525_194618.jpg

I've also added the net so i can start weaving and tucking her through it. I'm conscious of the stretch that's going to happen in flower and with that extra tray under her I've lost an inch or two of height. Which doesn't sound like much but it's called the Mini-Tent for a reason!!
IMG_20200525_194844.jpg
IMG_20200525_200015.jpg
IMG_20200525_200029.jpg

I'm not worried about nute burn anymore. Whatever was causing her to discolour has sorted itself out and she's looking lovely and healthy. Her tops are growing nicely too so my micro-topping has been a success!!

That's all for now
Thanks for popping by!

Stay safe and stay high :hippy:

25/05/2020- 4 weeks old
Hey guys, it's Monday and it marks 4 weeks since she popped her head out of the ground!!

She's too big in her fabric pot to take her in and out the tent to deal with run off. Plus I really don't want to disturb her roots with is far too easy with these fabric pots. So I have come up with a temporary solution to that until payday comes and I can invest in some feeding system that also deals with run off.

I've basically just drilled some holes in the tray I was using to hold her and I've put a smaller tray underneath to catch the run off from the pot.

IMG_20200525_194220.jpg
IMG_20200525_194223.jpg
IMG_20200525_194618.jpg

I've also added the net so i can start weaving and tucking her through it. I'm conscious of the stretch that's going to happen in flower and with that extra tray under her I've lost an inch or two of height. Which doesn't sound like much but it's called the Mini-Tent for a reason!!
IMG_20200525_194844.jpg
IMG_20200525_200015.jpg
IMG_20200525_200029.jpg

I'm not worried about nute burn anymore. Whatever was causing her to discolour has sorted itself out and she's looking lovely and healthy. Her tops are growing nicely too so my micro-topping has been a success!!

That's all for now
Thanks for popping by!

Stay safe and stay high :hippy:
Looking good burdok.
Just a case of filling the net with tops now.

Looking good burdok.
Just a case of filling the net with tops now.

Good morning, bud.
Thanks for popping by again :ganjamon:

Yeah I'm really excited about this part. Having never done a scrog before I'm anxious to do it right. I think I've done well so far to keep her low so now I want her to get nice with plenty of tops. But with the space limitations I need to figure out how many is too many!

Good morning, bud.
Thanks for popping by again :ganjamon:

Yeah I'm really excited about this part. Having never done a scrog before I'm anxious to do it right. I think I've done well so far to keep her low so now I want her to get nice with plenty of tops. But with the space limitations I need to figure out how many is too many!
Ikr, getting to the meaty bit now. It usually takes a couple of runs to dial in a grow space, when to do what and such, so don't put to much pressure on yourself, Just start filling and tucking those tips when they grow, see how it goes bud.
:passitleft:

Ikr, getting to the meaty bit now. It usually takes a couple of runs to dial in a grow space, when to do what and such, so don't put to much pressure on yourself, Just start filling and tucking those tips when they grow, see how it goes bud.
:passitleft:

Cheers, man. I've got some plans for this tent if i can dial in my growing. Hopefully push it to where I can pull maybe 10oz out of such a wee tent. Big dreams but maybe not impossible

Things are looking good! Can’t wait to see it all fill out! How long you waiting till the big flip?

That's the question, at the moment. I'm really not sure when I'm going to flip her. We'll see how she goes filling the net. As impatient as I can be, I also don't want to flip so early as to have lil crappy buds. But I also don't want to veg so long that I have no space to tuck and control the stretch

That's all for now, folks. I'll keep updating, but please feel free to throw any advice my way!
Good Day, budok420, I like your tent, my thoughts were you should put it up on a small end table or hutch so you are not always bending down when attending to your plant and you could use the space under neat for your nutrients and stuff. Nice setup, will drop in to see how you manage with your Sativa dominant plant in a 16 inch x 16 inch x 48 inch space. Cheers

Hello all,

I'd like to have a small discussion about humidity in the tent, if anyone has any input that would be wonderful. I'd like this journal to be informative to those who are starting out and have space restrictions like myself. Also, I'm still crafting my techniques so it's a constant learning curve and an invaluable tool for myself to be able to collaborate with the kind people on this forum. If someone else can read this and it helps them in their own mini project or just any grow then it would be mission complete for me.

The humidity in the Mini-Tent has a large fluctuation between low and midrange. The lows and highs today are 28%-52%. Now I understand that the optimum humidity for plants at seedling and vegetative state is 70%, so even at my highest its still quite low. I imagine the highest point is when there is still run off in the tray from her feed and the heat from the light hits it.
Basically I want ideal conditions for the highest possible quality of product come harvest time.
I've read that the plant will perspire more in later life and that will help the humidity, but I've also read that it should be 70% from the get go and then lowering it during flower. Then there are reports of people having low humidity and not bothering about it with no issues.

What's the damage of having low humidity at early stages of cannabis life?

What are effective ways of increasing humidity without the use of a humidifier?

What is your opinion and/or experience with humidity levels at such an early stage?

Thank you,
Passing the virtual doob to you all
:passitleft: :thanks: :420:
Good Day, Burdok420, I personally think that if you are above 30 pct humidity for seedling and veg it will be fine, too much trouble to keep humidity at a high level like 70pct, if you want to put in a humidifier in the tent that is fine but don't try to micro manage it, it is what it is and its not an end all. Also make sure you keep humidity in tent down when you have buds, I think should be no higher than 60 pct but could possibly get away with higher when control is out of reach. Cheers

Looking great, subscribed

Welcome, my friend! Always happy to have some new folk along for the ride. Have a virtual pass on my virtual doob :passitleft:

Good Day, budok420, I like your tent, my thoughts were you should put it up on a small end table or hutch so you are not always bending down when attending to your plant and you could use the space under neat for your nutrients and stuff. Nice setup, will drop in to see how you manage with your Sativa dominant plant in a 16 inch x 16 inch x 48 inch space. Cheers

Hey, budshark. Welcome to the party!

Yeah I actually considered that. It certainly is a pain to have to duck so low. It complicates feeding time, too.

Good Day, Burdok420, I personally think that if you are above 30 pct humidity for seedling and veg it will be fine, too much trouble to keep humidity at a high level like 70pct, if you want to put in a humidifier in the tent that is fine but don't try to micro manage it, it is what it is and its not an end all. Also make sure you keep humidity in tent down when you have buds, I think should be no higher than 60 pct but could possibly get away with higher when control is out of reach. Cheers

The humidity sorted itself out, more or less. I'm not turning the filter on to bring it down from around 85%.
So I'm pretty content with the environment she's created herself

For reference, my last plants I flipped around week 5 and I ended up with pretty good size colas.
49F43744-699B-4C31-A187-651A54213301.jpeg
2A1325B8-ED04-4A0A-9E44-966E8EBF5E47.jpeg

Wow that's very impressive. Do you know weights for that beauty?
You've put my mind at ease a little. I was hoping to flip in a week or so

The plant came from bagseed, with shitty genetics. It was a hermie that I spent time plucking pollen sacs off. Was more work than it should have been. Grown under blurple then under a budgetLED for last couple weeks. I should have let it go a little longer than I did in flower, but I pulled about 6oz off that plant alone.

The plant came from bagseed, with shitty genetics. It was a hermie that I spent time plucking pollen sacs off. Was more work than it should have been. Grown under blurple then under a budgetLED for last couple weeks. I should have let it go a little longer than I did in flower, but I pulled about 6oz off that plant alone.

You obviously did a good job. That's a beautiful looking lady.
Thinking of grabbing myself a budgetLED next time round. The 130w full spectrum would be ideal for my grow

You obviously did a good job. That's a beautiful looking lady.
Thinking of grabbing myself a budgetLED next time round. The 130w full spectrum would be ideal for my grow

much appreciated! You will not be disappointed! BudgetLED are top quality lights! I picked up a 500w series 3, if you look at the picture of the group shot I posted in my journal the middle 2 are under that and the outside 4 get side light from it with 2- 240 Chinese double boards above those. The middle 2 seem to be doing way better IMO

much appreciated! You will not be disappointed! BudgetLED are top quality lights! I picked up a 500w series 3, if you look at the picture of the group shot I posted in my journal the middle 2 are under that and the outside 4 get side light from it with 2- 240 Chinese double boards above those. The middle 2 seem to be doing way better IMO

I've heard nothing but good reviews about them. I also like the fact that "budget" isn't just in the name for them. Very reasonable pricing

I'd love a budget LED for the uv alone, do you know how much they charge for shipping from America?

No idea, might be worth having a peep at their website to see what the cost is. Hopefully not too much as I'm also in the UK

Back
Top Bottom