Inside The Mini-Tent, 150W LED, Going Coco For Tropicanna Bananna

Start of week 3 - Day 15

So a couple of things have happened over yesterday day today to little Anna.

Call me experimental or just impatient (I prefer the first) but Anna has been topped and popped into a 5 litre pot. That video about the micro-topping didn't leave my mind and was made more urgent by the fact that she really needed to be up potted as she was going dry twice a day in that little pot. I stupidly forgot to get a photograph but she desperately needed it so I'm pleased she's in a bigger pot. Here are some photos from last night...

IMG_20200510_192440.jpg
IMG_20200510_183756.jpg
IMG_20200510_183708.jpg

Those with a more experienced eye will tell that this was a pretty rough job.
I accidentally broke one of the small branches that were wrapped around the top that I removed. I tried to place it back as best I could and hoped that by this morning it wouldn't have shrivelled and died but sadly that wasn't the case. My mistake.

So to remedy this I then topped just below broken branch. I left her in the Mini-Tent to do her thing and was greeted by a happy little plant with little signs of shock at all.

IMG_20200511_181631.jpg
IMG_20200511_181624.jpg
IMG_20200511_181602.jpg

Okay, so that went well. All going my way I'll have a very low plant to work with so I can maximise my space.
This girl was topped 14 days from popping her head out the ground. Very early, I know. Others have had success so let's see if that happens with me.

Next on my agenda was getting a head start on training.
I used some soft garden plant wire to tie down what I imagine will be the 4 main branches all the action will stem from

IMG_20200511_184110.jpg
IMG_20200511_183120.jpg
IMG_20200511_183048.jpg
IMG_20200511_183037.jpg

My next thought concerns the foliage under the branches I've tied down. Should that be removed to focus the growth I want?

Thanks for stopping by, everyone!
Any input is welcome, as always.

Hope you're all well and safe
:thanks: :passitleft::420:

I would leave the foliage alone for awhile. Let her grow out now.

Okay, thank you. I thought that, too.

Can I ask what you think of what I've done so far? Any tips or criticism always welcome

Topping looks good, just let those center shoots grow out now.

Thank you, bud.
I appreciate having you along for the ride on this one

It’s all good, just don’t push the plant or love it to death. Lol

Haha, that was a worry!
I'm conscious of how early I've pushed her. The idea is push but not over do it.
If I can perfect controlling plants in this space I'll be happy.
But I'm putting on the brakes again and I'm going to let her do her thing for now and just try to keep the canopy even before I throw the net over her.

Really the only thing big left to do to her is put her in her 3 gallon fabric pot before I flip

I’ll follow along if you don’t mind @burdok420, Also gotta a couple of them Tropicanna bananas on the go, day 19 today for me.

Welcome, bud! I'm more than happy to have you along. If your tropicanna banana grow is in your signature then I'll have a peep
Following along as I am currently growing in coco and under Led as well. Good luck and looking forward to the ride.

Happy to have you hear, my man. I'll have a wee look at what you've got going on

:welcome: :passitleft::thanks:

Week 3 - Day 17

Small update, not much to say, really. She's just being doing her thing, when I fed her it was the first time I'd seen her since her feeding before. It was good to notice the difference in her growth.

IMG_20200513_182750.jpg
IMG_20200513_182613.jpg
IMG_20200513_182528.jpg
IMG_20200513_182433.jpg
IMG_20200513_182431.jpg
IMG_20200513_182408.jpg

Lots of nice healthy growth. If there is anything I can say about this strain is that she's hardy, grows fast, and is super easy to maintain. She's just been a dream. The ease of feeding when it comes to megacrop is just superb. Currently she's on feed at 5.9 and 1g per 1. 5 litres of filtered water. She's responding really well.

That's all, folks.
Any input on the next stages of training, when it eventually comes, will be appreciated.

Thanks for popping by,
Stay safe and stay high

:thanks: :welcome::420:

Welcome, bud! I'm more than happy to have you along. If your tropicanna banana grow is in your signature then I'll have a peep
I just seen this now, it is in my “Planet Express” journal. I’ll hopefully be crossing it with a reversed Sapphire OG. Feel free to pop round. I must say though. Do you find that it’s a really fragrant plant already? I’ve never had such a young plant with such a strong odour!

I just seen this now, it is in my “Planet Express” journal. I’ll hopefully be crossing it with a reversed Sapphire OG. Feel free to pop round. I must say though. Do you find that it’s a really fragrant plant already? I’ve never had such a young plant with such a strong odour!

Yeah bud, my girlfriend and I both can smell her already. Not weedy, just a plant smell! But I'm thinking the filter is going to have to go on earlier than I expected!

I'm part way through your journal, man!

Wonderful example of training, bud.
Could I ask that you pop by the journal in my signature and give me some tips on how to train my girl and keep her low. As you'll see I've already topped and tied a few branches but I could use some tips from someone doing it so well

Wassup @burdok420 :passitleft:...looking good man :thumb: one thing though :hmmmm: those aren't branches you're tying down, they're leaves ...you need to wait till the branches start popping out, then tie those down...they're the little leaves coming out near the stalk at the base of the fan leaves...

Good luck brother, and BTW, I'm in for the ride :popcorn:

When I start a manifold or a quad, I snip it at the 4th node. Once the branches start to form (about 2 inches) I start to train them by pulling the "branches" down with wire.
The little nubs under the branches are/were the fan leaves that you have tied back now.

Back
Top Bottom