Inside The Mini-Tent, 150W LED, Going Coco For Tropicanna Bananna

You've got things well under control, but anything I can help with, I'll gladly stick my 2 cents in.

Thank you very much!
She's starting to pop her roots through the bottom of the pot. It's not even the end of the second week so I'm starting to get curious about when I should transplant her.
I've ordered 3 gallon fabric pots but due to Covid-19 they might not arrive for another 2 weeks. I do have some 5 litre plastic pots so if she needs to be transplanted before then at least that is an option. But I didn't want to transplant more than once.

Looks great mate!!

Thank you, bud! I'm excited to see how this grow will progress

Thank you very much!
She's starting to pop her roots through the bottom of the pot. It's not even the end of the second week so I'm starting to get curious about when I should transplant her.
I've ordered 3 gallon fabric pots but due to Covid-19 they might not arrive for another 2 weeks. I do have some 5 litre plastic pots so if she needs to be transplanted before then at least that is an option. But I didn't want to transplant more than once.

Thank you, bud! I'm excited to see how this grow will progress
In an ideal world it'd be good to both top and transplant at the same time, to cut down on overall stress, but the world don't work like that sometimes...

You're close to topping, what..about five days away...so if the pots were to arrive by then, I'd do it all when topping...but that's waiting on a delivery. My mrs has been getting loads of deliveries and they've been pretty quick, so might be worth seeing if you get conformation of delivery.

In an ideal world it'd be good to both top and transplant at the same time, to cut down on overall stress, but the world don't work like that sometimes...

You're close to topping, what..about five days away...so if the pots were to arrive by then, I'd do it all when topping...but that's waiting on a delivery. My mrs has been getting loads of deliveries and they've been pretty quick, so might be worth seeing if you get conformation of delivery.

I didn't realise that I was so close to topping her... Thank you, else I would have left it a little longer.
When specifically do you recommend topping and down to what point?
Thank you, it's my first time topping and despite loads of research I still don't want to mess it up!

I didn't realise that I was so close to topping her... Thank you, else I would have left it a little longer.
When specifically do you recommend topping and down to what point?
Thank you, it's my first time topping and despite loads of research I still don't want to mess it up!
It usually depends on your personal space and preference with photo plants, you could let it grow a foot then top it.....
But seeing as you've got height limits you want to get it done as early as possible...so the fourth node is what I usually call the earliest......that's exactly the node that's just starting to show on your plant...i say another 5 days or so it will be exposed to chop.
Better start watching some topping videos to get yourself prepared...:thumb:

It usually depends on your personal space and preference with photo plants, you could let it grow a foot then top it.....
But seeing as you've got height limits you want to get it done as early as possible...so the fourth node is what I usually call the earliest......that's exactly the node that's just starting to show on your plant...i say another 5 days or so it will be exposed to chop.
Better start watching some topping videos to get yourself prepared...:thumb:

Wow that's so much earlier than I've read and watched online. There is not much I've found that defers from the idea that you need to let it grow 5-6 nodes then chop it down to the 2nd or 3rd.
I'll most definitely be doing as you recommend as I'd really like to get the height issue tackled immediately, as you say.

Super hyped!

Do you remove foliage below the now-top part of the plant after topping?

So I've done a bit of snooping and found this guy. Very informative, quirky, and funny dude.

He goes into "micro-topping", a term I've never heard before but seems to be doing him well. He demonstrates on a few of his plants. Worth a watch if learning or want a laugh

Wow that's so much earlier than I've read and watched online. There is not much I've found that defers from the idea that you need to let it grow 5-6 nodes then chop it down to the 2nd or 3rd.
I'll most definitely be doing as you recommend as I'd really like to get the height issue tackled immediately, as you say.

Super hyped!

Do you remove foliage below the now-top part of the plant after topping?
You can do that no problems, 5th or 6th node and then chop it, that helps to build roots before you chop. Yours is gonna need up potting soon, so it's an ideal opportunity to do both for less stress. I regularly top my plants on the 4th node early, in fact I'm just waiting to do mine now...it's on the 3rd node today.

This is just my opinion burdok, if you've got a plan you feel comfortable with mate,then stick with it. Lots of ways to get the same result, I was just thinking of your tent hieght. Have a chat with others also, see what you feel good about.

You can do that no problems, 5th or 6th node and then chop it, that helps to build roots before you chop. Yours is gonna need up potting soon, so it's an ideal opportunity to do both for less stress. I regularly top my plants on the 4th node early, in fact I'm just waiting to do mine now...it's on the 3rd node today.

This is just my opinion burdok, if you've got a plan you feel comfortable with mate,then stick with it. Lots of ways to get the same result, I was just thinking of your tent hieght. Have a chat with others also, see what you feel good about.

Nah bud, I'm most definitely going to do this. If I had known it was possible it would have been the plan all along. Its ideal.
If my 3 gallons haven't arrived come choppy chop time I'll put her in a 5 litre for now. I'm conscious of her roots too

Wow that micro topping guy, lol. My eyes are so bad I could barely see what he was doing.ha ha. It's like he was performing surgery...:laugh:
A little earlier than I've ever done it, I'd most probably pull the hole plant off. I like to see enough of it showing to get the scissors in there.

I laughed my ass off when he kept eating the tops of the plant. "What do we do? We eat it!". Guy obviously enjoys what he grows haha!
Yeah I'm nervous about it, but in the spirit of being adventurous I might have a peek at her tomorrow and see what she's like. Then possibly up pot and top. Possibly

Be careful with those YouTube videos. Some of them are out there.

Meaning the growing videos or just videos on YouTube in general? Because I could have done with that warning when YouTube started. No amount of therapy could erase the things I've seen.

I just wait until they have several nodes then whack their heads off. No surgery involved

Thank you, Penny. I don't think I'm going to do it as early as him, if only to save myself the heartache if I did something bad. But it has given me confidence to more or less top her when I feel I should

Back
Top Bottom