Inside The Mini-Tent, 150W LED, Going Coco For Tropicanna Bananna

Only way to do it brother

If its alright, Penny, I'd like to pick your brain about something. I watched a video today with someone putting clay pebbles at the bottom of their fabric pots. They were using soil, whereas I'm obviously using coco for this grow. As you are the coco king, what is your opinion on this? Do you think it helps the plant flush easier so it's always in fresh coco? I imagine it would be much more thirsty

Ac infinity makes some fans that are not as loud
Couldn’t agree more. I am running an AC Infinity cloudline S4 in my 32” x 32” x 60” tent at half speed and it is whisper quiet and moves a lot of air. At 205 cfm it’s more fan than I need, but the ability to adjust the speed has allowed me to dial in the temp and humidity and gives room to manoeuvre later in flower should humidity start to rise. Further running at half speed during veg keeps the noise to a minimum. Top marks all around for ac infinity fans!!

Couldn’t agree more. I am running an AC Infinity cloudline S4 in my 32” x 32” x 60” tent at half speed and it is whisper quiet and moves a lot of air. At 205 cfm it’s more fan than I need, but the ability to adjust the speed has allowed me to dial in the temp and humidity and gives room to manoeuvre later in flower should humidity start to rise. Further running at half speed during veg keeps the noise to a minimum. Top marks all around for ac infinity fans!!

So this is what I bought
Screenshot_20200503_140546_com.android.chrome.jpg

Claims to be 24dB when running, which is pretty decent for the price

24 dba is good and quiet!! Same housing as the ac infinity. I hope it works out well for your room!!

Thanks, bud. The one that came with the filter must be around 45dba, it's crazy, although I haven't actually measured it or read any specific noise levels. I'm going to do a side by comparison and I'll post my findings

Day 7 - (End of week review) :

So I think I'm going to end every week with a roundup of everything that's happened that week. I anticipate weeks that won't be very exciting, at least not enough for daily updates. So it'll be nice for me to look back and get the gist of what's happened that particular week.

Anna is looking healthy.
IMG_20200503_190722.jpg

She's growing fast and the difference in how much she's feeding is noticeable.
The run off from the feed is still quite high. The ppm is reading around 775 when I'm feeding at 234. I filter the water and the ppm comes down to 43. So with about 0.4g of Megacrop per litre of water brings the ppm to around 234. The ph is also high at 6.5 when she's being water at 5.2.
Could it be that I'm watering too frequently? She's being fed every 24 hours. With this being my first time in coco I'm still not 100% sure with the feeding frequency.
I've measured and she is taking 100ml of feed and that produces about 30% run off.

So the sock in the glass is doing a wonderful job. The humidity in the tent didn't drop below 50% today when the lights were off. Its going a little higher when the lights are on

IMG_20200503_205703.jpg

The humidity dropped quite a bit when I had the tent open so I could measure and remove the run off from the feed.
I don't usually remove the run off from the tent and just let her suck it back up again but I'm worried now that she's just absorbing things that were flushed for a reason. Especially since I managed to flush her quite effectively before and it has worsened again.

Regardless of the readings she looks great and seems to have had a fairly easy going time in the Mini-Tent. I'm still confident using megacrop, once I dial it in I'll be golden. Until then I'll just keep going with the recommended doses.

I should get my new inline fan tomorrow. I'm excited to know how loud my whole setup will be once the fan needs to be on 24/7. So far with just the oscillator and the fans on the lights I'm pretty happy with how quiet it all is. And this new fan promising to be close to a whisper is exactly what I'm after.

Anyway that's all for this update and this first week.
Thanks for tagging along thus far. I'm really enjoying creating this journal and sharing it with the community here.

Peace ✌️
:passitleft: :thanks: :420:

I don’t know about coco specifically, but I run soil and I always let my plants suck up the nutrient water runoff. I’m pretty sure it’s just fine with MC.

Thank you both for your input!
So should the plant have no run off at all in the bottom? I've heard so many different opinions on that matter with coco. I have also seen people put the pot in fresh nutes and bottom feed.
I did try removing everything from it and the coco dried faster than 24 hours. So I'm a little concerned about over or under feeding.
Also my ppm is reading around 615 in the run off and the pH is 6.5. She has been watered with nothing but ppm 210 - 225 and pH 5.2 feed since my horrible mistake at the start. She's showing no sings of nutrient burn or stress, however. So I'm a little concerned! I don't want any nutrient lockouts

Always water to runoff, you can’t overwater coco. Ph should be 5.8-6.2 start with light doses of nutrients and increase slowly over time. If the tips show burning back off on the nutes

Always water to runoff, you can’t overwater coco. Ph should be 5.8-6.2 start with light doses of nutrients and increase slowly over time. If the tips show burning back off on the nutes

So there is another example of something I've read that contradicts what you say. Don't get me wrong, Penny I've stalked you for a while so I know you know your stuff and I'll definitely be increasing the pH of my feed. But there seem to be so many different opinions on how coco should be grown in.

Thank you very much, my man. I'll be making some fresh feed tonight with a higher pH. But I will probably do it gradually

Don’t worry about run off metrics. They don’t show anything. As long as your ppm and ph are right going in, you won’t have problems.

Maybe I'm being a little over cautious. Thank you for that, that has put my mind at ease.
5.2 will lead to lockouts

I seen a chart with different nutrients and the pH level that they are accessible to the plant. 5.2 did seem low to me.
Thank you, bud

I’m currently growing an auto in Hempy. I’ve been watering in 5.5-5.6 since she sprouted. Here she is day 34. She’s on 1.2g/L

Hempy is different from coco, but similar in that they’re both passive hydro

Back
Top Bottom