Inside The Mini-Tent, 150W LED, Going Coco For Tropicanna Bananna

No huge hurry on coming up with a training plan! I'd say you have some time mate.

That's very true! But to say I've become obsessed with this grow would be an awful understatement. Everything needs to be figured out and figured out now!
I've waited years to get growing again so I suppose I'm being a little over excited, but at least she will be pampered

Just don’t love her to death!

As much as I'd love to shower her with all the love I have, I know she needs her space! I guess I'm a clingy daddy

You gotta get yourself an even smaller tent and do a perpetual micro garden. Then you’ll be more than happy to be able to leave things alone for a day :laugh:

After my cookies grow I'm thinking of a few different autos in one big pot of coco!! So maybe that might just happen!!

Hello all, here is day 2's update:

Anna is standing tall and proud. She's looking healthy so far, not time for a feed yet so I'll have to wait until then to test the run off.

The Mini-Tent has also had an upgrade with the installation of the Rhino 4" Hobby Filter, but my god that fan needs to be changed. Just a little too loud to be considered stealthy. Good thing I didn't wait until the filter was necessary for the smell to install and test the fan noise. I knew I shouldn't have bought a filter kit from ebay but hey ho, payday is Thursday. If anyone has a suggestion for a good, fairly quiet, inline fan then hit me with it please. Here are some photos :

That's all for now, folks.

Take care, I hope you're all well

Good morning from Scotland, all.
Nice and cloudy today, feeling a lot more like Scotland!

I have a question regarding my lights. I noticed the plant stretching a bit quite early so I have lowered the light to a height of 31cm to see if this stops her early stretch.

What would be the optimum height of a 150w led at this stage?

I hope you're all well

Okay, thanks you both for that.
I've dropped the light down to 18 inches from the wee one. Lights on in just over an hour so we'll see how she likes it tomorrow morning.
I'll post an update then.

Hope you're all well and safe

Hello all,

I'd like to have a small discussion about humidity in the tent, if anyone has any input that would be wonderful. I'd like this journal to be informative to those who are starting out and have space restrictions like myself. Also, I'm still crafting my techniques so it's a constant learning curve and an invaluable tool for myself to be able to collaborate with the kind people on this forum. If someone else can read this and it helps them in their own mini project or just any grow then it would be mission complete for me.

The humidity in the Mini-Tent has a large fluctuation between low and midrange. The lows and highs today are 28%-52%. Now I understand that the optimum humidity for plants at seedling and vegetative state is 70%, so even at my highest its still quite low. I imagine the highest point is when there is still run off in the tray from her feed and the heat from the light hits it.
Basically I want ideal conditions for the highest possible quality of product come harvest time.
I've read that the plant will perspire more in later life and that will help the humidity, but I've also read that it should be 70% from the get go and then lowering it during flower. Then there are reports of people having low humidity and not bothering about it with no issues.

What's the damage of having low humidity at early stages of cannabis life?

What are effective ways of increasing humidity without the use of a humidifier?

What is your opinion and/or experience with humidity levels at such an early stage?

Thank you,
Passing the virtual doob to you all
:passitleft: :thanks: :420:

Hey burdok just found you're grow hope all goes well and look forward to you're end result cheers

Welcome, Willy. Good to have you on board, bud. The more the merrier!!

:welcome:

You got me in for the ride Burdok! I am in no way any help to anyone but still :D

Welcome, bud! Hope you enjoy, a wee update is coming soon. Hopefully you can learn something along with me!

Day 6 in the Mini-Tent:
She's looking nice and healthy, has her first set of 3 leaves growing in now, too.

She seems to really like the light where it is now, so that's a positive.

To counteract my problem of low humidity, I've read of people leave trays of water with wet towels in them. So I thought I'd make a mini version of that for the Mini-Tent:

It is a sock in a glass! And it seems to have had an effect on the humidity in the tent. It's floating around the mid 40s now when the lights are off instead of dropping very low. So although it's not as high as I'd like, it's not dropping horribly low so I'll take that as a small victory.

Not much else to update! Shopping around for some fabric pots at the moment. Sadly I missed the delivery for my new inline fan but that should come Monday so will be included with the update then.

Hope you're all well!
Thanks for reading

Back
Top Bottom