Intermediate grower

I just harvested my last grow, which was a few Green Crack clones in 3 gallon pots. I used repurposed, sterilized soil from a previous grow. Amended with perlite, aged cow manure compost, coco coir and worm castings. I’m not giving away which nutrients I use but they’re not synthetic. After about 4-6 weeks of growth I’ll start feeding every second watering. I switch back and forth from distilled to “dechlorinated” tap water in order to ensure my plants are getting all the micro and macronutrients necessary for photosynthesis. I do not like using tap water solely because of the high amounts of chemicals used to clean it after it goes through the sewer systems. Although, I’m not sure if this has any negative affect on my product at all. I have a source/s where I get properly grown Cannabis and I can tell you the benefits are night and day difference compared to what I grow, along with dispensary weed. With my product, I’ve made edibles, used fresh leaves for salads, smoothies, dried stems ground for coffee etc. I’ll leave this with a simple note that I suffer from adhd, anxiety, ptsd, insomnia amongst other daily struggles.
Thank you Christ for Cannabis :thanks:

Hey guys. I joined this forum to share my knowledge about growing Cannabis along with its medicinal benefits. I started growing cannabis a year ago and it’s the best investment I’ve ever made. I learn something new about this incredible versatile plant every single day. Any tips or hints for growing are welcome!
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
If you need a hand with anything I'm always around.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Cannabist1

What strains are you currently growing?
Do you have any images you would like to share?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

I’m currently growing White Banner and Purple Kush. Seeds are from a local I met on Facebook marketplace along with a breeder in Ontario. Genetics are decent with the PK but I have yet to see how the white banner will do. I’m trying a gaia green 4-4-4 soil mix that I amended myself and the girls don’t like it. I added in 15% washed sand, 10% perlite, 50% repurposed sterilized soil (old soil steamed to kill off molds or pests) and 25% coco coir. I then added a hemp fibre bedding which I’ll be creating myself in the future. For the first 3 weeks, growth was normal in my opinion but now they look overfed. Branches are short and stout, bud sites are having a hard time developing, leaves are curling up, leaves are browning. Possible spike in nitrogen/magnesium deficiency?
Any hints or tips are welcome.
Anybody who denies the medicinal properties of Cannabis and subsequently makes others lives difficult does not deserve a say in life, until such measures are taken to learn about the plant. There’s an introduction to who I am:Namaste:
Where are my real patients out there?

170DE807-103F-4E82-94DA-9A9E317519BC.jpeg

AB8CDC6D-1802-47D3-9C90-B2D023FE732E.jpeg

EEE51AF4-2376-407C-9760-1CB8B1BEE401.jpeg

EB8063CC-77E7-4F2B-8FA1-8212A2F57AD0.jpeg

I’m currently growing White Banner and Purple Kush. Seeds are from a local I met on Facebook marketplace along with a breeder in Ontario. Genetics are decent with the PK but I have yet to see how the white banner will do. I’m trying a gaia green 4-4-4 soil mix that I amended myself and the girls don’t like it. I added in 15% washed sand, 10% perlite, 50% repurposed sterilized soil (old soil steamed to kill off molds or pests) and 25% coco coir. I then added a hemp fibre bedding which I’ll be creating myself in the future. For the first 3 weeks, growth was normal in my opinion but now they look overfed. Branches are short and stout, bud sites are having a hard time developing, leaves are curling up, leaves are browning. Possible spike in nitrogen/magnesium deficiency?
Any hints or tips are welcome.

Anybody who denies the medicinal properties of Cannabis and subsequently makes others lives difficult does not deserve a say in life, until such measures are taken to learn about the plant. There’s an introduction to who I am:Namaste:
Where are my real patients out there?

170DE807-103F-4E82-94DA-9A9E317519BC.jpeg

AB8CDC6D-1802-47D3-9C90-B2D023FE732E.jpeg

EEE51AF4-2376-407C-9760-1CB8B1BEE401.jpeg

EB8063CC-77E7-4F2B-8FA1-8212A2F57AD0.jpeg
Welcome to 420 Mag ! In this last pic it looks like there's water on the leaves. Best not to get them wet during lights on. It could be what's causing the leaves in the pic above it to get all that damage.
Why the yellow sticky traps ? Gnats ? Pests are one reason I don't like organics. Too many products I can't use to kill off pests without effecting the microbes. For gnats I like to use Peroxide & water mixed to kill the larvae in the soil so they don't come back. Only had that issue twice in over the past 5 years.
Come check out the grows in the thread SIP CLUB. You'll get big plants & no watering issues if you decide to try it.
Quite a few members have switched to SIP's after seeing what they can do. I pulled 583 gr. from one plant using SIP's.

Welcome to 420 Mag ! In this last pic it looks like there's water on the leaves. Best not to get them wet during lights on. It could be what's causing the leaves in the pic above it to get all that damage.
Why the yellow sticky traps ? Gnats ? Pests are one reason I don't like organics. Too many products I can't use to kill off pests without effecting the microbes. For gnats I like to use Peroxide & water mixed to kill the larvae in the soil so they don't come back. Only had that issue twice in over the past 5 years.
Come check out the grows in the thread SIP CLUB. You'll get big plants & no watering issues if you decide to try it.
Quite a few members have switched to SIP's after seeing what they can do. I pulled 583 gr. from one plant using SIP's.
I rarely get the leaves wet when the lights are on. I was using the traps at first for gnats, fruit flies, mites. Possibly other microscopic bugs. I’ve yet to learn about

I rarely get the leaves wet when the lights are on. I was using the traps at first for gnats, fruit flies, mites. Possibly other microscopic bugs. I have mosquito dunks on hand for safe measures. Along with neem and isopropyl.
:welcome: How does the growing help with your anxiety and PTSD? I find it helps just as much as the medicine.

Although the anxiety would be reduced more if I was in a legal area. Ha ha.
that’s a great question. There are no words to use in order to describe the amount of relief I get from cannabis in all aspects. I’m right there with you on the anxiety, too. On a more damaging level than just legalization. I’ve suffered with it for years without knowing🥱. Having the skepticism/narcissism out there only worsens it. I’m also learning about nature and how plants react differently to man’s fuckery involved.
I rarely get the leaves wet when the lights are on. I was using the traps at first for gnats, fruit flies, mites. Possibly other microscopic bugs. I’ve yet to learn about

@Cannabist1 , please allow me to chime in as well....Welcome to the club.
From what I'm reading of your comments, you appear to have your act together when it comes to growing and utilizing that wonderful plant that God has provided us.
I'm sure you will have fun and satisfaction providing some of us with a portion of that savvy of yours.
Spark up

Absolutely. I’m still learning how to grow my medicine properly and get back to nature 100% though. I’ve fallen so far off the beaten path that it’ll take a miracle to return. It’ll be a long road and well worth it!
To my fellow growers: Is anybody in Ontario?

Absolutely. I’m still learning how to grow my medicine properly and get back to nature 100% though. I’ve fallen so far off the beaten path that it’ll take a miracle to return. It’ll be a long road and well worth it!
To my fellow growers: Is anybody in Ontario?
Hey Amigo :ciao: Central ish Ontario here.
There are a few of us around you.
Minus too much c. and another couple inches of snow today.
Greenhouse is a garage now.;)
But I'm staying warm.
Where are you approximately?

Stay safe

A room dedicated to growing sounds like a brilliant idea. I’m in KW and surrounding areas 😝
Kitchener Waterloo area?
That's a few hrs south of me.
But there are members in that area too.
Have a good day my friend.
Take care.

Stay safe

I’m looking for someone to steer me in the right direction for better quality bud. I’m not receiving all the benefits from the stuff I’m smoking and I highly believe half of it’s just toxic crap anyways, causing me unwanted and unnecessary side effects. It’s so far from the real cannabis I desperately need and should have access to. If anybody is on my level, can you shoot me a pm please?

Is it stuff you grow yourself?? If so, you can control all of the inputs. I grow organically and recently started growing in SIPs. I use much of my harvest in its acidic state so, thc-a, cbd-a etc.

Tell us a bit more about what you think your issues are.

Is it stuff you grow yourself?? If so, you can control all of the inputs. I grow organically and recently started growing in SIPs. I use much of my harvest in its acidic state so, thc-a, cbd-a etc.

Tell us a bit more about what you think your issues are.
I’m concerned with the high levels of chlorine in the tap water that are highly disregarded by society. I know chlorine can be beneficial to a plants growth according to the WORLD WIDE WEB 🤔.
But where’s the real research here? Some people are on different levels of thinking when it comes to cannabis and often get misinformed. I’m one of them, depending on my state of mind and health. I can never find an equal balance to ANYTHING I do in life. I could get into everything as to why the worms I get aren’t plump and juicy, why I had spider mites with webs take down my 1 gallon “Christ” plant, why we have all these issues growing certain strains. It’s a plant. It should grow as a plant does. It’s been fucking modified. I used to be all about that whole organic thing too until I learned about what cows are doing to the soil across the planet. It may say living soil on the bag but it isn’t living properly and just. Every little thing I talk about needs to be broken down for others to fully understand it. I don’t see this being talked about anywhere, unless this will introduce it into my algorithm.

Well, my goal with growing organically is to produce as much of the inputs from my yard as possible and to that end I learned a lot about KNF and Jadam. My major inputs are leaf mold from my oak and maple trees in place of peat moss, my major nute inputs are comfrey and stinging nettle from my garden that get run through my worm bin, and my water is mostly from rain.

I use cannabis medically so it's important to me that I know what's in it.

So there are ways to get it done that don't come from a bottle, a bag, or a store but it's certainly not the common nor accepted way, and much of it I had to seek out or do my own experiments to discover for myself. I've detailed many of my experiments in my Alchemy thread (link in my sig). Have a look and see if that fits with what you're trying to achieve. It's certainly not for everyone but it works for me.

My latest experiments have been with growing in SIPs which for me, at least, have been a game changer and I started a thread called #SIP Club where those of us growing with them can share our grows, experiences and knowledge.

I don't have an issue with cows. Mine is with the big ag fertilizer companies that are poisoning the soils of the world and making farmers dependent on their fertilizers. But, we do what we can with what we have.

Back
Top Bottom