InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

No shame in owning stuff from Crate & Barrel mV! We were registered there for our wedding nearly 27 years ago :).

Oh no, nothing wrong with owning them. It's the admission to knowing about the place. :rofl:

:oops::rofl: That’s a long way off Amy! Dunno where I went... but I was back and forth form oz to ml to gallon so... there’s no good reason for being that far out ...

Glad I posted it or I’d never have known how wrong i was :thumb:

You do math like I do. :laughtwo:

Also, I got the first two DDAs to 61% RH, and they weighed 33g (1.16oz) combined!
20200825_214052 DDA x2 (33g).jpg

Nice. You got 33 grams, which is about 15 grams more than I did so well done.

:high-five:

Nice harvest, Shed!
I always trim alone; nobody else wants to smell it. LOL. More for me.
Everyone else wants to smoke it so everyone else should have to trim it!
Oh no, nothing wrong with owning them. It's the admission to knowing about the place.
I had no idea that would be a problem! You must hang out with a more intolerant crowd :).
Nice. You got 33 grams, which is about 15 grams more than I did so well done.
That's 33 grams from two plants though. Does that help?

Everyone else wants to smoke it so everyone else should have to trim it!

I had no idea that would be a problem! You must hang out with a more intolerant crowd :).

That's 33 grams from two plants though. Does that help?

Nope. Mine was from 2 plants, too. I got 8 grams from one of them and 10 from the other. Amy tells me that she got even less than that her first time growing DDAs so I'm not worried. I know my next grow will be better. I have very good people helping me. :battingeyelashes:

What's all the hubbub around the DDA's? Coloring? Effects? Squishing? Hype? All of the above and more? I see it around journals, plus the dedicated thread for it, but not sure what the driving factor is behind it all. Yet most places I look it up, there isn't much info about its effects/uses. :(

Pretty plant though. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You mean the kind that looks at you funny if you know about that chick stuff? Yeah, kinda. :laugh:

Nope. Mine was from 2 plants, too. I got 8 grams from one of them and 10 from the other. Amy tells me that she got even less than that her first time growing DDAs so I'm not worried. I know my next grow will be better. I have very good people helping me.
You never know with the DDAs. Any other plant like that would be a huge disappointment here!
I'm excited to see a DDA harvest, those little bits add up
Like any proud parent would be! Got one more hanging, for another 6 or 7 grams :).
What's all the hubbub around the DDA's? Coloring? Effects? Squishing? Hype? All of the above and more? I see it around journals, plus the dedicated thread for it, but not sure what the driving factor is behind it all. Yet most places I look it up, there isn't much info about its effects/uses.
Pretty plant though.
It's supposed to be a sweet tasting great daytime high!
You mean the kind that looks at you funny if you know about that chick stuff? Yeah, kinda.
Maybe in a few generations that will die out ;).

It's supposed to be a sweet tasting great daytime high!

You were supposed to tell me it tastes like shit and is akin to smoking parsley. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously though, I like a nice daytime buzz. Been kickin Durban Poison and Green Crack for early daytime mostly. I guess I'll be adding it to the seed order next time. ("And there will be a next time!!!" -Joe Elliot)

You were supposed to tell me it tastes like shit and is akin to smoking parsley. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously though, I like a nice daytime buzz. Been kickin Durban Poison and Green Crack for early daytime mostly. I guess I'll be adding it to the seed order next time. ("And there will be a next time!!!" -Joe Elliot)

I like Dark Devil because I can still think and do stuff even though I'm high. Carnival is very similar and I enjoy it for the same reason. Although, that said, I think the Carnival is even better for that. I liked it so much, I actually made a Carnival tincture and often use it in place of a Diet Pepsi. :battingeyelashes:

Of course when we first grew Dark Devil, I had never heard of Carnival or tinctures so I never tried the same experiment with Dark Devil. If I had more than 18 grams, I would try one with Dark Devil, too but I think I'll wait until I have more. They're both definitely head highs as opposed to body stoned.

Here. Try some:
:passitleft:

I liken smoking Dark Devil or Carnival like sipping a fine brandy.

I'm planning on dropping a Durban Poison any day now for the fall/winter grow here, to end out my year of sativas. Not sure of the of the second plant though...either a C99 backcross or a Colombian Gold.

I’ve ran DP twice this year. Both from Dutch Passion, photo and then the auto. Dutch Passion has really done some very nice auto work. In growing both the only difference between them was flipping the lights or not.

Same structure, same smells, same tastes. Autos have come a long way, and then some.

I like Dark Devil because I can still think and do stuff even though I'm high. Carnival is very similar and I enjoy it for the same reason. Although, that said, I think the Carnival is even better for that. I liked it so much, I actually made a Carnival tincture and often use it in place of a Diet Pepsi. :battingeyelashes:

Of course when we first grew Dark Devil, I had never heard of Carnival or tinctures so I never tried the same experiment with Dark Devil. If I had more than 18 grams, I would try one with Dark Devil, too but I think I'll wait until I have more. They're both definitely head highs as opposed to body stoned.

Awesome info. It’s on my list for the next order.

Here. Try some:

Ahhhhh. Thanks, thanks for that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've got some tester buds from the Carnival drying now, so maybe I'll get a smoke report on those soon!

ah hell, just chuck in the microwave and let er rip. :rofl:

No? Dehydrator instead? :laugh:

Autos have come a long way, and then some
They truly have, but I don't seem to have much luck outside with them, so I've been sticking to photos (except the DDA).
No? Dehydrator instead?
They're tiny buds that broke off in trimming, so they'd vaporize in a microwave! I don't have a dehydrator so I just stick them in a warm spot, like my house lately!

----------------------------------------------------

@Homer Simpson posted this on his thread and I watched the whole thing (at 1.25 speed of course). Beyond the mentions of the equipment, it's loaded with good information.

He's recommending the exact same fertilizer ratio that my contact at ProMix said: 20-10-20 and mentions Jack's by name.

He doesn't cover different EC feed rates for different stages of plant growth which I found interesting. He's only mentions 1.3 EC to 10% runoff every time.

And since no one sells ProMix HP around here any more I may build my own using vermiculite instead of perlite based on his recipe and reasons. It's 50/50 peat and vermiculite, with 40g/cu.ft. dolomite lime and 10g/cu.ft. pelletized gypsum.

Vermiculite provides both pH buffering as well as silica. Perlite does neither.

If you have the time or interest, it's worth watching:

They truly have, but I don't seem to have much luck outside with them, so I've been sticking to photos (except the DDA).

Autos outside, yeah. They're ok outside, but they don't get what they can indoors unless you're up in latitude. Not enough daylight to compete with a big light that's on 18+ hours a day.

That would be interesting to find out. Maybe it could be more environment. Could it be a combination?

Here. Try some:

I've got some tester buds from the Carnival drying now, so maybe I'll get a smoke report on those soon!

And there are a couple different lines of DDA x Carnival crosses amongst the members if anyone is interested. They throw outstanding phenos - purple and plum or grape, green with lime, etc. Good stuff! :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom