S1.9%S0%S0%
B0.07%B0%B0.02%
Cu0.04%Cu0.05%Cu0.01%
Fe0.07%Fe0.10%Fe0.10%
Mn0.07%Mn0.05%Mn0.05%
Mo0.07%Mo0%Mo0.01%
Zn0.11%Zn0.05%Zn0.05%
SiO20.15%SiO20%SiO20%

I think we can see that the MegaCrop offers a lot more micronutrients along with Ca and Mg that the other two don't. Looks like I'll need to add cal-mag to the Orchid Food if I'm going to keep using it!

Too bad MC doesn't balance their nitrogen sources. :(

[OMG, I heard back from Greenleaf in response to my email where I asked them if they had any plans to change their N sources in light of the fact that nitrate-based nitrogen raises the pH of the medium. Their reply was:
"can you give us a science backed reference supporting your claim that Nitrate raises pH levels? I think you are just mistaken." :eek:

I sent them three links back: one to PremierTech, one to Mosaic Fertilizer company's detailed description of nitrogen's effects on pH, and one to Purdue University. We'll see...]
When keeping fish, i always saw a ph increase when i didnt do a waterchange. Nitrates build up in the water and a w/c is the quickest way to remove it.

When keeping fish, i always saw a ph increase when i didnt do a waterchange. Nitrates build up in the water and a w/c is the quickest way to remove it.

I used to run a “nitrate reactor” on my reef tank. It worked to an extent, and let me cut water changes in half or a hair more.

I miss those tanks.

So here's a thought. What if the issues we see with some growers when they raise the MC isn't lockout from too much of something, but is instead related to pH drift from the nitrate-based MC nitrogen? This is why MrS is beating the drum about slurry testing!

And instead of the flush/reset suggestion, the advice should be change the nutes to something with ammoniacal nitrogen? Only a slurry test will answer that.

The N value in MC never changed. It seemed to be the only element that stays the same throughout their changes at 9%.
The spreadsheet I have from Felipe has three different versions of MC with two different N values (10 and 9) so they must have made a higher version at some point, but it's been 9 for a while now. At least they're consistent with something!
The 4.5g I'm suggesting is based on keeping 120 ppm of N throughout the grow.
At 4.5g I get 107-31-168 for the 9-6-17 v2 of MC. 5g/gallon gets me to 119 on Felipe's sheet.
larger pots are more forgiving
They are until the roots fill the pot, and then you're back in the same boat.
What I am saying is MC probably has enough K already at 4.5g/gal so chances of needing it would be slim imo.
At 5g you're at 119-34-186, which seems like a goodly number of potassium.
I was gifted 2 Devil's Carnival seeds from an online friend. I'm planning on growing them when I feel more confident growing. I would hate to waste them.
I look forward to watching you grow those out :).
A water closet is the quickest way to remove fish and human poop!

Let's, for the sake of expanding comparisons, take the FoxFarms Trio recommendations for soil in flower. Their highest feeding rates (in flower) are:
15ml Big Bloom
5ml Grow Big
10ml Tiger Bloom

That works out to 127-114-148, with 51ppm Ca and 20ppm Mg (and no silica). Their Tiger Bloom is almost entirely ammoniacal and their Grow Big is 50/50, which means that there should be no pH change during veg, nor any rise during flower, when it's 2:1 ammoniacal : nitrate. This will obviously change if you add cal-mag (most of which is 100% nitrate-based), but it would still not be that heavily weighted on the pH-rise side of the equation.

I wonder if we see pH drift with FF. :hmmmm:

This is why MrS is beating the drum about slurry testing!
:high-five:
And instead of the flush/reset suggestion, the advice should be change the nutes to something with ammoniacal nitrogen? Only a slurry test will answer that.
Exactly, which is why I'm beating the drums :)
The spreadsheet I have from Felipe has three different versions of MC with two different N values (10 and 9) so they must have made a higher version at some point, but it's been 9 for a while now. At least they're consistent with something!
The v3 has 10, or so the labels on the back panel says. The front panel says 9.
At 4.5g I get 107-31-168 for the 9-6-17 v2 of MC. 5g/gallon gets me to 119 on Felipe's sheet.
With the MC I just use GLN's elemental calculator. I have to assume Billy got that part correct
1598582309718.png

At 5g you're at 119-34-186, which seems like a goodly number of potassium.
1598582391625.png

I've just stuck with GLN on this and it doesn't mean that Felipe's is incorrect. I have no idea and just keep with that one when I want to know.

Wow. I have an unopened bag of v3 in the cabinet. I’ll have to go look at it tomorrow and see what’s up with it.

Okay, how about a @Weedseedsexpress Tuesday update while we wait for the RH to drop a bit in my neighborhood! I went to burp the Golden Tiger Big Gulp and the RH went up to 70%. :eek:

Since we haven't seen them in a while, here are the two in flower (flip day 36), starting with the Chocolope:
Wow shed!!! Amazing!!

Back
Top Bottom