InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Peculiar, isn’t it?
If only all of the non-wearers of masks would herd together.
The problem would go away.
Like a magnesium imbalance.
Hey, Shed I harvested our candida last night. She’s a beauty. Thank you!
:love:

I really wish all non-believers of COVID-19 would at least get a personal taste of the virus, i.e. they or someone in their families get it. If enough of the non-believers got it, maybe they would turn into believers? Maybe. Maybe not.

I really fear for all my American friends. :hug:

I have some Candida CD1 seeds I will have to work in my schedule and run it some time soon. I have some 1:1 or 1:2 CBD/THC strains and it does help with sleep and Pain , Very relaxing.

Damn @DonkeyDick , I hope you see this before you mix that, I missed a zero, that should have read 0.06g per 500ml for 120ppm.

If your scale doesn’t measure that precise, use .6g in 5L of water to get 120ppm
So.. I wonder what’s at the top of this beanstalk?
:surf:
It’s all good. I’m needing some more cuts to root before I try again. I have a Hulklato now 3.5 weeks into 12/12 s/he seems to be struggling with lifestyle decisions. I have a candida and a cbd plant both on week one of the same stretch. So the polyjuice potion had been stored for a month before I used it the second time. Hopefully it degraded a bit? Towards the end of the 5 days of spraying these last two I noticed the exchange you were having and modified the regimen slightly by employing a foliar feed on their day 4, as I was treating the rest of veg anyway.
I’ll let them ride for now. See where they go.
Thanks again for the numbers!

Nice haul on the Carnival, Shed!
And congrats on the little Candida harvest!
If you don't mind me asking....What's the advantage of using the turkey bags instead of just going straight into jars? I've heard of it, but never done it.

Nice haul on the Carnival, Shed!
And congrats on the little Candida harvest!
If you don't mind me asking....What's the advantage of using the turkey bags instead of just going straight into jars? I've heard of it, but never done it.
3 turkey bags are a lot easier to burp than all those jars! There's better airflow and you don't have to unscrew and screw on so many lids twice a day for a week and then once a day for another week. They don't work for long-term storage though because they're not airtight, and will slowly shift with the ambient humidity. That's why the buds go into jars for the cure and storage.

I don't bother with smaller harvests - they go right into jars. But the big plants get the big bags!

yes, mine is also in a 2-in-1 tent!
I had no idea yours did that too! I wonder if others know about that feature. Nice looking Saugaview and the trichs look splendid on the weedseedsexpress girls.

Here's an article that I've kept on Ca:Mg ratios. I added a snippet from it and the source link is below. The paper is based on Iowa soils but the principles are the same

How is a Ca:Mg ratio calculated?
Once exchangeable Ca and Mg are determined by laboratory analysis, the ratio is calculated using the meq basis (electrical charge basis). For example, if there is 4.88 meq Ca/100 g soil and 1.72 meq Mg/100 g, then the Ca:Mg ratio is 2.8:1. Table 1 gives the exchangeable Ca, Mg, and calculated Ca:Mg ratio for several Iowa soils. These values are typical for Iowa soils. Soil Ca:Mg ratios naturally are above 1:1.

Why the interest in Ca:Mg ratios?
Good question. From the above-mentioned statement that Ca and Mg levels are higher than needed for crop production in Iowa soils, you can easily conclude that ignoring the ratio is just fine. Research confirms that this conclusion is justified; however, promotion of the ratio concept persists today despite many years of research that indicates otherwise.

In summary, the Ca:Mg ratio concept is unproven and should not be used as a basis for fertilization or liming practices. Having sufficient levels of Ca and Mg is the proper method of evaluation, rather than trying to manipulate ratios. We are fortunate in Iowa that soil Ca and Mg levels are normally adequate, and maintenance of plant-available Ca and Mg occurs either because the soil has a large supply or because of liming with local quarry limestone to maintain adequate soil pH for crop production.
[SOURCE]

I have never supplemented Ca/Mg in my hydroponic grows, with 160 mg/L Ca and 15 mg/L Mg tap water, until the end of the last grow. The plants under heat stress showed Mg deficiency, so now I add epson salt to bring my Mg up to 50 mg/L. They probably don’t need quite that much, but the commercial blends have the 3:1 ratio, so I had to start somewhere. Plus I just went LED.

I have some Candida CD1 seeds I will have to work in my schedule and run it some time soon. I have some 1:1 or 1:2 CBD/THC strains and it does help with sleep and Pain , Very relaxing.

Nice to know. I have a “1:1” strain that is 20% THC and 18% CBD. Not quite 1:1, but I think that will do. I’ve been looking forward to it, but haven’t found a slot for her yet.

They truly have, but I don't seem to have much luck outside with them, so I've been sticking to photos (except the DDA).

They're tiny buds that broke off in trimming, so they'd vaporize in a microwave! I don't have a dehydrator so I just stick them in a warm spot, like my house lately!

----------------------------------------------------

@Homer Simpson posted this on his thread and I watched the whole thing (at 1.25 speed of course). Beyond the mentions of the equipment, it's loaded with good information.

He's recommending the exact same fertilizer ratio that my contact at ProMix said: 20-10-20 and mentions Jack's by name.

He doesn't cover different EC feed rates for different stages of plant growth which I found interesting. He's only mentions 1.3 EC to 10% runoff every time.

And since no one sells ProMix HP around here any more I may build my own using vermiculite instead of perlite based on his recipe and reasons. It's 50/50 peat and vermiculite, with 40g/cu.ft. dolomite lime and 10g/cu.ft. pelletized gypsum.

Vermiculite provides both pH buffering as well as silica. Perlite does neither.

If you have the time or interest, it's worth watching:

I just watched that same video last night lol. I enjoy his videos for the scientific approach and definitely recommend it for anyone who hasn’t watched it. Keep up the good work Shed! :hookah:

How many 100 pages am I missing here?

full

And last, how about some gratuitous trichome shots of the @Weedseedsexpress flowering two, since I already had the loupe out! Here they are on flip day 42.
:green_heart:

Final harvest weight? 297g, 10.48 oz (1.74g/day above ground).
Excellent score on the Carnival! :bravo:
Here they are on flip day 42.
That Chocolope seems pretty far along for just 42 days. Great closeup pics by the way. :thumb:
What's the advantage of using the turkey bags instead of just going straight into jars? I've heard of it, but never done it.
Shed pretty much answered that one spot on. I just want to add that turkey bags are great for large yields in that all the buds stabilize to the same RH value giving them all a homogeneous dry. Just as Shed does, I typically keep them in the bags until they reach 62% and then transfer them into jars to cure and then vacuum seal for long term storage.

Congratulations on Member of the Months honors again, Shed! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom