InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I'm a day late, but...
Congrats on another well deserved MOTM, Shed:thumb:
Thank you for all you do around here!

Jesus, I've been so out of commission, I check in today and see it's been since the first of July since I've been in your journal. 36 pages behind. Doubt I'll go back though all that. Cropped out my last grow on Sunday. Farside Jr is taking over the tent for the next run. I gotta move my dad back to Ohio (550 miles away) in 2 weeks, so I'm still gonna be partially MIA.

I'm a day late, but...
Congrats on another well deserved MOTM, Shed
Thank you for all you do around here!
Thanks carcass! Better a day late than two months ;) ↓↓↓
Jesus, I've been so out of commission, I check in today and see it's been since the first of July since I've been in your journal. 36 pages behind. Doubt I'll go back though all that. Cropped out my last grow on Sunday. Farside Jr is taking over the tent for the next run. I gotta move my dad back to Ohio (550 miles away) in 2 weeks, so I'm still gonna be partially MIA.
Good luck with the move farside! We'll be here waiting when things settle down. And it's always good to have a junior to take over the reins when need be. :thumb:

Morning @InTheShed ,

Watching another of Brice Bugbee’s lectures that came out in March that may be of interest to you.

He talks about grow media and what they use, at about the 27 min mark, he talks about using vermiculite and it supplying all the silica cannabis needs.

he’s also talking about pH, but I haven’t got that far yet, seen the bit about silica and thought of our earlier discussions about using DE.

Morning @InTheShed ,
Watching another of Brice Bugbee’s lectures that came out in March that may be of interest to you.
He talks about grow media and what they use, at about the 27 min mark, he talks about using vermiculite and it supplying all the silica cannabis needs.
he’s also talking about pH, but I haven’t got that far yet, seen the bit about silica and thought of our earlier discussions about using DE.
That's the one I posted here! We both had the same thoughts on it. :high-five:
Finally caught up on the last 10 pages. The Chocolope and Power Plant are looking drool worthy. Big congratulations on the MOTM, well and truly deserved Shed!
Thanks WL! Drool worthy and top heavy, just the way I like 'em. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Morning @InTheShed ,

I've been using DE on just about all my grows since I started so I can't really say it's helped or not. I've been in home-made soil with lots of perlite but no vermiculite. Stems have been stocky, but none of my plants reach 3 ft tall either.

I've been using DE on just about all my grows since I started so I can't really say it's helped or not. I've been in home-made soil with lots of perlite but no vermiculite. Stems have been stocky, but none of my plants reach 3 ft tall either.
I watered for a few months with DE but I didn't notice a difference in the plant's ability to fight off powdery mildew, so I really don't know if it was taking up much silica. Mine wasn't food grade but I have no idea if that made a difference.

Oh btw, :welcome: to my perpetual journal Schnookie!

Sorry I've haven't been posting any updates here, but nothing much is going on. The mothers need a trim (this weekend), the flowering two are getting top heavy, and the nine Candida cuttings are just sitting around on the heat mat (here they were after I took them and they pretty much look the same):

The get aired out 2x a day for five seconds and then re-domed.

As you may recall, I put a sheet of blank paper on top of the domes to cut the amount of light they get, and since the 2-in-1 tent is being used for drying, all the mother plants are on, or on the floor next to, the desk with the clones. Every morning, the paper is littered with dead bugs:

Here is a close-up:

They must be attracted to the CFL and then pull an Icarus when they get too close. Neat way to break the life cycle!

In other non-news, here are some pics of the Candida GA3 on flip day 43. I didn't have the loupe with me but it looks like it might be trying to produce pollen sacs right at the base of one of the nodes. It sits out all the time now and I will probably be tossing it soon because I don't think the pollen would be worth saving even if it does produce any.

That was your Friday dose of pics. I'll get some full plant pics of the flowering two this weekend, along with before-after on the mothers. I hope the week went surfingly! :surf:

Ikaros?

cc086993658133.5e98ba7f0db54.gif

Do I need to continue...? LoL​

That was your Friday dose of pics.
:love:

Have a great weekend Shed and Congrats to your Motm!

You have a standing Motm in my book!
0ff20093658133.5e98bef30e665.gif

Sorry I've haven't been posting any updates here, but nothing much is going on. The mothers need a trim (this weekend), the flowering two are getting top heavy, and the nine Candida cuttings are just sitting around on the heat mat (here they were after I took them and they pretty much look the same):

The get aired out 2x a day for five seconds and then re-domed.

As you may recall, I put a sheet of blank paper on top of the domes to cut the amount of light they get, and since the 2-in-1 tent is being used for drying, all the mother plants are on, or on the floor next to, the desk with the clones. Every morning, the paper is littered with dead bugs:

Here is a close-up:

They must be attracted to the CFL and then pull an Icarus when they get too close. Neat way to break the life cycle!

In other non-news, here are some pics of the Candida GA3 on flip day 43. I didn't have the loupe with me but it looks like it might be trying to produce pollen sacs right at the base of one of the nodes. It sits out all the time now and I will probably be tossing it soon because I don't think the pollen would be worth saving even if it does produce any.

That was your Friday dose of pics. I'll get some full plant pics of the flowering two this weekend, along with before-after on the mothers. I hope the week went surfingly! :surf:
She got some nice fuzzy balls growing shed, well done! :passitleft:

Have a great weekend Shed and Congrats to your Motm!
You have a standing Motm in my book!
Thanks Crazy! I hope all is well with you this weekend too. :)
She got some nice fuzzy balls growing shed, well done!
LOL thanks Roostifer! I was hoping for something less fuzzy. :(
Hi Shed. Candida lookin great. Taps for the bugs haha!
Thanks Fred! It was supposed to be seeded but the best laid plans of GA3 often go awry. Still working on it...

Thanks Crazy! I hope all is well with you this weekend too. :)

LOL thanks Roostifer! I was hoping for something less fuzzy. :(

Thanks Fred! It was supposed to be seeded but the best laid plans of GA3 often go awry. Still working on it...
Ya caught me. Been out of the shed for too long man. Thought that is what you were after. Sorry man I’m still playing catch-up in journals and yours moves at light speed :passitleft:

Thought that is what you were after.
No worries! I was after regular old pollen sacs rather than some trichomey confused stretchy thing with pistils and maybe balls? Too strong GA3 is TheCelt's diagnosis, so I'll be trying again to reverse a Candida when the cuttings take root.
I’m still playing catch-up in journals and yours moves at light speed
Never any need to catch up. All reasonable questions answered. :high-five:

No worries! I was after regular old pollen sacs rather than some trichomey confused stretchy thing with pistils and maybe balls? Too strong GA3 is TheCelt's diagnosis, so I'll be trying again to reverse a Candida when the cuttings take root.

Never any need to catch up. All reasonable questions answered. :high-five:
:thumb:

things are settling down in my gardens so I now I am getting to the point where I can hopefully keep up with yours as well as others.

Back
Top Bottom