InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

He doesn't cover different EC feed rates for different stages of plant growth which I found interesting. He's only mentions 1.3 EC to 10% runoff every time.
I believe it's actually .9 EC plus the total EC of your water since that will most likely change. His tap EC was .4 and the solution brought it up to 1.3.

mV was questioning whether I have enough light outside to grow autos compared to tent growers, so I broke out the math :).
And there are a couple different lines of DDA x Carnival crosses amongst the members if anyone is interested. They throw outstanding phenos - purple and plum or grape, green with lime, etc. Good stuff!
Oh true, thanks! I think I recall that happening in Arizona. I may have to see if I can scare up a few.
I believe it's actually .9 EC plus the total EC of your water since that will most likely change. His tap EC was .4 and the solution brought it up to 1.3.
This is one of the hundreds of reasons we love having you around.

Still, a single amount from start to finish?
Please do a C99 so we (I) can watch! And maybe learn more. Will you be growing it outdoors?
All my grows are outside during the day (weather permitting in winter), but I kinda was leaning Colombia... :oops:

I'd say it's environmental. My DLI in the dead of winter is still 25 (400 PPFD at 18/6), and during July it's 55 (850 PPFD at 18/6)!

Right, but is it that much from sunrise to set? I’m just thinking out loud, but overhead I’m with ya, just curious about the first/last few hours of the day.

It’s interesting stuff for sure.

mV was questioning whether I have enough light outside to grow autos compared to tent growers, so I broke out the math :).

Math? I better go get break out my Chevy Chase gif... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Still, a single amount from start to finish?
I guess so... he did have his white paper with him though! He used it to hilite the blue nutes.
I'm really interested in trying this out myself if I could get you to be my student.

So we now know, based on the gent's video, that MC will be good at 4.5g/gal to get 120ppm of N. That could be the sweet spot. When we go higher than that the NO3 becomes so excessive the pH rises quicker.

1598497426892.png

I think I'm gonna run those numbers passed Billy and see what he thinks. Maybe GLN wants to sell us more than we need too! It is interesting because my last run was at 4.5g through harvest. Never changed. I didn't plan it that way, the plants never asked for more.

Thanks for that great analysis MrS! And excellent point about the resulting rise in pH.

One of the things I found interesting about what he said in the video was that he adds lime and gypsum to his medium when he mixes it, because Jack's doesn't have any calcium or magnesium it. So that is probably where the plants are getting it from, along with extra sulfur in the gypsum.

Hey everybody doing a drive by , where better than InTheShed thread . These guys are just growing broom weed. I’m working to get my license for oil ,staying clean . These ass in Texas are too strick . Hope everyone is doing great . I’ll be back when my license clears .

I think I'm gonna run those numbers passed Billy and see what he thinks. Maybe GLN wants to sell us more than we need too! It is interesting because my last run was at 4.5g through harvest. Never changed. I didn't plan it that way, the plants never asked for more.
I know we are running different versions of MC so I was wondering if that 4.5 g would apply to all versions; I ask because I don't know if all versions have the same amount of nitrogen.

Since I've been getting some tall plants lately I would be maybe better off to stick to the 4.5 g MC in flower and add some BE to hike the PK if 4.5 g gives the ideal nitrogen because I understand less nitrogen produces shorter plants?

Hey WH! Always a good day when you have a chance to cruise by! :goodluck: with the license.
Just have to watch my back with these agency’s,while I was applying 420 popped up on my iPhone ,thought it was over then the way they acted. I see I’m missing a hell of a lot ! I’m still in the back ground .

I know we are running different versions of MC so I was wondering if that 4.5 g would apply to all versions; I ask because I don't know if all versions have the same amount of nitrogen.

Since I've been getting some tall plants lately I would be maybe better off to stick to the 4.5 g MC in flower and add some BE to hike the PK if 4.5 g gives the ideal nitrogen because I understand less nitrogen produces shorter plants?
The N value in MC never changed. It seemed to be the only element that stays the same throughout their changes at 9%.

The 4.5g I'm suggesting is based on keeping 120 ppm of N throughout the grow. This may be fine for the substrate that he's using but something in Promix or FFOF may react different. He's also suggesting that with 10% runoff the 120ppm is good.
I'll be running a max of 4.5g's for the plants about to be flipped in the tent to see what happens. I am currently at 4g running in FFOF.
Adding BE may help but again you're adding extra K that MC already has in it. It's something you need to judge and play around with. It could still be too much P and K which we really don't know.

Other things that may affect how much to use include:

- pot size - larger pots are more forgiving
- grow media as mentioned - soil vs peat vs coco
- strain that you are growing - some are more sensitive to nutrient loading
- and grow conditions - environment, indoor vs outdoor

I am no MC expert, first time round with anything other than LOS, but I bring these things up because of other grows I have seen on here and the MC being used in varying amounts and having various issues or none at all. Also, my own experience so far using MC.

I have 2 Cluster Bomb and 5 Blue Dream, all outdoors, growing in 5gal, 14gal and 22 gallon totes/buckets with a perlite reservoir in the bottom and coco coir as a medium. All these girls have been getting intense sun, heat and humidity here this year and for the past 5/6 weeks have been fed MC at 6g/gallon +/- and are doing great with no sign of problems aside from pesky insects eating the leaves.

One thing I have noticed though, MC girls are all about 1 to 2 weeks behind 3 of the LOS girls in the garden.

The N value in MC never changed. It seemed to be the only element that stays the same throughout their changes at 9%.

The 4.5g I'm suggesting is based on keeping 120 ppm of N throughout the grow. This may be fine for the substrate that he's using but something in Promix or FFOF may react different. He's also suggesting that with 10% runoff the 120ppm is good.
I'll be running a max of 4.5g's for the plants about to be flipped in the tent to see what happens. I am currently at 4g running in FFOF.
Adding BE may help but again you're adding extra K that MC already has in it. It's something you need to judge and play around with. It could still be too much P and K which we really don't know.

Was discussing just this (4.5ish with a dab of BE to kick the P and K up just a tick) with someone the other day. At the time I was just throwing out ideas, but I didn’t think it was a terrible concept. Kinda makes sense, as that’s the gist of what a bottle mix does. N up to a point, switch to “bloom” which limits N and adds P/K.

Of course there is more to it, but that’s the basics right? So seems feasible to mimic a similar pattern.

Was discussing just this (4.5ish with a dab of BE to kick the P and K up just a tick) with someone the other day. At the time I was just throwing out ideas, but I didn’t think it was a terrible concept. Kinda makes sense, as that’s the gist of what a bottle mix does. N up to a point, switch to “bloom” which limits N and adds P/K.

Of course there is more to it, but that’s the basics right? So seems feasible to mimic a similar pattern.
Correct. What I am saying is MC probably has enough K already at 4.5g/gal so chances of needing it would be slim imo.

Correct. What I am saying is MC probably has enough K already at 4.5g/gal so chances of needing it would be slim imo.

That could be quite true. I was thinking of adding like half a gram of BE, not 1g or 2g, etc. Still a minimal amount, but if it weren't needed then even better.

And there are a couple different lines of DDA x Carnival crosses amongst the members if anyone is interested. They throw outstanding phenos - purple and plum or grape, green with lime, etc. Good stuff! :bongrip:

I was gifted 2 Devil's Carnival seeds from an online friend. I'm planning on growing them when I feel more confident growing. I would hate to waste them. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom