InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Harvest congratulations Shed! Well done getting it sorted in the heat and humidity... here’s hoping you get back to some drier air soon!

1 gallon of H2O2

would cost me more than $150 :eek:
but to have to do it remotely has got to be super tough
Not to mention when your dad keeps you up trimming cannabis til 1am on a school night! :thedoubletake: :laughtwo:

In spite of your issues, those WSE plants are looking pretty nice, in my opinion. :)
It started pushing out new pistils again!
That's a good thing at this stage of flowering, right?
The leaves are curling up at the ends as well as tacoing.
We had a stretch of some pretty hot weather recently, and I noticed a little leaf tacoing on some of my plants. Now that the weather has cooled, they've gotten better.

Okay, how about a @Weedseedsexpress Tuesday update while we wait for the RH to drop a bit in my neighborhood! I went to burp the Golden Tiger Big Gulp and the RH went up to 70%. :eek:

Since we haven't seen them in a while, here are the two in flower (flip day 36), starting with the Chocolope:

Other than a little PM coming back, this one seems to be humming along pretty well given the pH of the ProMix.

So let's move on to my slight problem child (though it does have cool purple flowers):

Power Plant (you can see the yellowing down below):

It started pushing out new pistils again!

The leaves are curling up at the ends as well as tacoing.

Here are some of the lowers (ignore the white spots...they're related to the citric acid spray):

Besides the pH issues, I wonder if some plants are more sensitive to the citric acid spray. Maybe I should try 0.5% next time... :hmmmm:

Slurry test tomorrow or Thursday depending on transpiration rates today. Thanks for stopping by!
Oh man! These look awesome Shed! I'm in the chocolope zone, but those purple buds on the other is tasty looking too. Go @Weedseedsexpress grow!

I’m curious to see your results with all this promix hp testing. I’m wondering if it’s all part of the problems I was having with afghani. She vegged forever and then bloomed forever, getting uglier and uglier along the way. Thanks for all the investigative work Shedlock Holmes. :popcorn:

Slurry test pH update below the multi-quote!

The Chocolope looks nice and greasy! My kind of bud!
Glad you like it, wish I could send you some :).
on a school night!
It was a Saturday night :).
would cost me more than $150
Oof! That's nuts. :eek: A 32oz bottle here is around $1.
In spite of your issues, those WSE plants are looking pretty nice, in my opinion.
Thanks!
That's a good thing at this stage of flowering, right?
Absolutely! It should be shooting pistils and packing on the weight.
Now that the weather has cooled, they've gotten better.
I wish that were true here. Heat finally broke but the leaves remain as shown.
Oh man! These look awesome Shed! I'm in the chocolope zone, but those purple buds on the other is tasty looking too. Go @Weedseedsexpress grow!
:thanks: otter!
I’m curious to see your results with all this promix hp testing. I’m wondering if it’s all part of the problems I was having with afghani. She vegged forever and then bloomed forever, getting uglier and uglier along the way. Thanks for all the investigative work Shedlock Holmes.
Interesting...did you ever pH test the medium. or do you still have the pot sitting around like I do for mine?

-------------------------------------------

I slurry tested this morning, using soil from the edges of the pots about 3" down from the top. Last time the soil came right off the top but I had to tear up a lot of roots that I thought the plant needs. I figured the side roots were more dispensable since they're air-pruned when the hit the pot anyway.

And since I know y'all like pics, I'll show you rather than just tell you :)

20200826_094819 Carnival pH post harvest.jpg
20200826_094752 Power Plant pH.jpg
20200826_094711 Chocolope pH.jpg

Chocolope is down to 6.3, Power Plant is down to 6.1, and Carnival was down to 6.0 at harvest. So the nitrogen trick works! I gave them all the Orchid/MC/Si blend this morning (which is close to MC 5.5g), and I will stick with that for another week and test them again. If they look hungry I might reformulate to 6.0.

The glasses are called Impressions Glasses and they're from Crate & Barrel. Buck nintey five each.

Here's the thing though, how fast is it going to take MC to throw it out again? It took a week to drop it so it will be interesting to see how fast it rises again.
For future ref you should also have a new bag of Promix and measure the pH after wetting in and after the grow so you can gauge the drift.

Nice job with the ph, and I have to tell you DDA is my fav daytime fun smoke. Enjoy!
Thanks otter! We have so little DDA from the first harvest that it hardly gets smoked (I guess it's being rationed!). Now that I have more it will be enjoyed more often. :thumb:
I agree on the DDA, had poor yields and 3 different phenos in the 4 plants I grew, and although I didn’t care for the smell when I harvested, after a cure, it was a beautiful smoke with lots of flavours
Fuel at harvest, candy after cure!
Good news on the slurry test that's encouraging. Hopefully the power plant will improve. How many waterings with the orchid nutes did it take? Excellent work shed as usual!
I did two straight Orchid, one blend, and one more Orchid. The Orchid ones were 2.8g/gallon, which should be 150ppm N/gallon.
OMG, of course it did. It's not like these guys just write up white papers and lose them. Enjoy the 1.16oz DDa. :love:
Damn slippery white papers! They either disappear or we can't post them according to teh rulz.
Here's the thing though, how fast is it going to take MC to throw it out again? It took a week to drop it so it will be interesting to see how fast it rises again.
For future ref you should also have a new bag of Promix and measure the pH after wetting in and after the grow so you can gauge the drift.
This is the great conundrum!

The PremierTech person said it could be pretty quickly:
"If you are applying fertilizer at a medium rate, applying at each watering and there are long days with sunlight (or artificial light) and the plants are sizeable, pH will move within 7-10 days. It would be best to check the growing medium pH every 3 days to monitor to see how this happens."

I can't imagine checking every three days (I'd have no more soil left in the pot), but I think I'll go with the blend for a while, or maybe alternate blend/MC.

Excellent work all around Shed! Happy to see there is more DDA in jars :yummy:

Oof! That's nuts. :eek: A 32oz bottle here is around $1.
Standard supermarket price - Chemists (drug stores) sell it too, for more. This are about the only places you can find it. 200ml is about 6-7oz I think

346D58AC-E7A4-4DCA-904B-9538BB555592.jpeg

My maths were a bit off... I think it’d be closer to $250 for a gallon, that that price.

Honestly tho’, I think I’m more bothered by the fact the 22 people have thought it worth giving a rating :hmmmm: :laughtwo:

200ml = $4.00
1ml = $0.02
1 gallon = 3785.41ml
3785.41*0.02 = $75.71

Still outrageous, but less so?

If they only sell 200ml bottles, it must mostly be used by folks who want to bleach their mustaches!

:oops::rofl: That’s a long way off Amy! Dunno where I went... but I was back and forth form oz to ml to gallon so... there’s no good reason for being that far out ...

Glad I posted it or I’d never have known how wrong i was :thumb:

The glasses are called Impressions Glasses and they're from Crate & Barrel. Buck nintey five each.

They do have a lot of great little things. Got a potato peeler from there that is awesome, and a set of heavy mixing bowls that are excellent.

Ssshhhhhhh! I didn’t admit to that. ;)

Nice harvest, Shed!
I always trim alone; nobody else wants to smell it. LOL. More for me.

Back
Top Bottom