InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I'm a cheap ass and like the lower cost of Potassium Silicate.
Thanks Farside. I'm a cheap ass too, and when I looked at the prices for the MSA I knew it would be over budget for me. Will the Faux-Tekt work well in LOS?
if you have a base Nute program that's already K heavy, you don't have to worry about the additional Potassium with MSA
I am using the soil without added nutes as such. I am adding a bit of calmag, some humic and fulvic acids with kelp extract, some myco and some microbes in solution. The soil I am using is supposed to be a complete soil and it is, but people do tailor their grows. I don't know what will happen to my K if I use Potassium Silicate. I'm far too inexperienced to make that kind of call unassisted. @InTheShed given what you know about my soil, would my plants benefit from the added potassium silicate or could it harm them?

Thanks Farside. I'm a cheap ass too, and when I looked at the prices for the MSA I knew it would be over budget for me. Will the Faux-Tekt work well in LOS?

I am using the soil without added nutes as such. I am adding a bit of calmag, some humic and fulvic acids with kelp extract, some myco and some microbes in solution. The soil I am using is supposed to be a complete soil and it is, but people do tailor their grows. I don't know what will happen to my K if I use Potassium Silicate. I'm far too inexperienced to make that kind of call unassisted. @InTheShed given what you know about my soil, would my plants benefit from the added potassium silicate or could it harm them?

A 5ml dose of Faux-Tekt™ provides 48ppm of Silica and 40ppm of K. Hard to say how much K is being supplied to your ladies in LOS, but in soil-less or hydro grows, it appears that 300ppm of K is about the threshold before problems begin. I'd say you're probably safe since most bottled fertilizer programs don't reach that high unless you're running other PK boosters on top of base nutes that are already high in K.

I don't think microbes come into play with Potassium Silicate. Potassium Silicate has been used for years in hydroponic setups with no microbes, and can be fed as a foliar spray.
Might not be microbes but something has to split the ions apart before the individual components become useful! MSA is useful and expensive immediately. :)
Personally I use Potassium Silicate, but I've accounted for the lower bioavailability and the extra K in my elemental targets.
Thanks for that! And obviously calculating all of that matters when running targets for elements.
would my plants benefit from the added potassium silicate or could it harm them?
I'm sure they would benefit if there isn't much silica blended into the soil, but that's a question for the folks who built it. I can tell you that in the presence of synthetic nutes (like potassium silicate), the plants will use the potassium from that rather than what was built into the soil.
A 5ml dose of Faux-Tekt™ provides 48ppm of Silica and 40ppm of K. Hard to say how much K is being supplied to your ladies in LOS, but in soil-less or hydro grows, it appears that 300ppm of K is about the threshold before problems begin. I'd say you're probably safe since most bottled fertilizer programs don't reach that high unless you're running other PK boosters on top of base nutes that are already high in K.
:thanks:
Shed got a question. . what is THCV THCP I know what delta 9 and crap is but what hell is thcV . We got shop open up and I see these C And V crap.
THCV has a regulating effect on blood sugar (among other things) and @Virgin Ground talks about it in her opening post in the Doug's Varin thread (which turned out not to have any THCV in the end :( ):
Doug's Varin is reported to contain very high levels of of the cannabinoid THCV.
THCV is said to have various beneficial effects such as..
Appetite suppression, improving bone density, blood sugar regulation among others.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of information about THCV and all that we can offer you is what we've been able to glean between various online articles. Many were anecdotal, contradictory, vague or outright confusing.

I had never heard of THCP so I looked it up, and this is what I found:

"When studying the effects of THCP on human cannabinoid receptors, the Italian team uncovered physiological effects including:
*Hypomobility
*Pain-relief (analgesia)
*Decreased temperature in the rectum

The effects of THC-P are essentially identical to THC’s but with added horsepower. Pain-relief could likely be more pronounced. It could also be a more potent sleep aid for those suffering from insomnia."

Not sure if I can link to the source because they might compete with a sponsor, but it was on the cbdoracle website.

So...perfect for those with an overheated rectum, or as we refer to them, "flaming assholes." :cheesygrinsmiley:

What are they charging for those two products if you've had a look-see?

Might not be microbes but something has to split the ions apart before the individual components become useful! MSA is useful and expensive immediately. :)

Thanks for that! And obviously calculating all of that matters when running targets for elements.

I'm sure they would benefit if there isn't much silica blended into the soil, but that's a question for the folks who built it. I can tell you that in the presence of synthetic nutes (like potassium silicate), the plants will use the potassium from that rather than what was built into the soil.

:thanks:

THCV has a regulating effect on blood sugar (among other things) and @Virgin Ground talks about it in her opening post in the Doug's Varin thread (which turned out not to have any THCV in the end :( ):

I had never heard of THCP so I looked it up, and this is what I found:

"When studying the effects of THCP on human cannabinoid receptors, the Italian team uncovered physiological effects including:
*Hypomobility
*Pain-relief (analgesia)
*Decreased temperature in the rectum

The effects of THC-P are essentially identical to THC’s but with added horsepower. Pain-relief could likely be more pronounced. It could also be a more potent sleep aid for those suffering from insomnia."

Not sure if I can link to the source because they might compete with a sponsor, but it was on the cbdoracle website.

So...perfect for those with an overheated rectum, or as we refer to them, "flaming assholes." :cheesygrinsmiley:

What are they charging for those two products if you've had a look-see?
V sucks but I like the P part being more powerful. Lmao.
What really got me was it was in a state that not legal. Didn't understand how that legal and other is not. If more powerful
Have to check this out more later

That would be water.

"This diagram shows the positive and negative parts of a water molecule. It also depicts how a charge, such as on an ion (Na or Cl, for example) can interact with a water molecule.

At the molecular level, salt dissolves in water due to electrical charges and due to the fact that both water and salt compounds are polar, with positive and negative charges on opposite sides in the molecule. The bonds in salt compounds are called ionic because they both have an electrical charge—the chloride ion is negatively charged and the sodium ion is positively charged. Likewise, a water molecule is ionic in nature, but the bond is called covalent, with two hydrogen atoms both situating themselves with their positive charge on one side of the oxygen atom, which has a negative charge. When salt is mixed with water, the salt dissolves because the covalent bonds of water are stronger than the ionic bonds in the salt molecules.

"The positively-charged side of the water molecules are attracted to the negatively-charged chloride ions and the negatively-charged side of the water molecules are attracted to the positively-charged sodium ions. Essentially, a tug-of-war ensues with the water molecules winning the match. Water molecules pull the sodium and chloride ions apart, breaking the ionic bond that held them together. After the salt compounds are pulled apart, the sodium and chloride atoms are surrounded by water molecules, as this diagram shows. Once this happens, the salt is dissolved, resulting in a homogeneous solution."

Substitute Na and Cl for K and Si, same principle.

Source Document

Do all synthetic nute combinations (ammonium sulfate, potassium nitrate, mangnesium sulfate, calcium phosphate...) split apart in water into their component parts before they're even fed to the plants?

If you're feeding liquid nutes, yes, they're already in their ionic forms. Or if adding powder fertilizer to water, the moment it's all dissolved and there are no more solids, same applies.

Note that never is the pH of the solution mentioned. Some people here like to throw around a theory that it's the pH of the solution that breaks the salt bond. Negative! The charges of the hydrogen and oxygen atoms do not change at different pH levels. It's those charges and not pH that breaks that bond.

There should totally be more picz here then provided lol gorgeous plantz shed....
Got you covered today HappyHaz!

I've got lots of pics from this weekend, but since I don't have a lot of plants to talk about I think I'll spread them out over a couple of days. The Monday update will be just about the two Summer Grow plants.

Here they were yesterday evening after stripping most of the yellow off, starting with the Trainwreck from @Weed Seeds Express on flip day 19:

And here is the Purple Urkle from ApeOrigin, also on flip day 19:

About the yellowing leaves, here is what came off the Trainwreck before that pic:

Some Trainwreck larf I took off while I was down there:

Already very sticky!
:thumb:

And the fewer yellows that came off the PU:

On Wednesday I'll do the post-stretch thinning so that's the next time you'll see them.

If you remember, I mentioned that there were bugs crawling all over the bark chips on top of the pots. Before I scraped that off and replaced it with more soil, I took some pics. Here they are:

I don't know what they are, but they don't seem like fungus gnats to me because they didn't hover over the surface or fly to the outsides of the pot when I moved it. And they haven't reappeared since I stripped off the bark. We'll see!

I hope your weekend went well and everyone gets a good week ahead. :peace:

Quotes:
Sorry about that Shed didn’t mean to offend
Thanks Coffee, I appreciate that.
If you're feeding liquid nutes, yes, they're already in their ionic forms. Or if adding powder fertilizer to water, the moment it's all dissolved and there are no more solids, same applies.
Note that never is the pH of the solution mentioned. Some people here like to throw around a theory that it's the pH of the solution that breaks the salt bond. Negative! The charges of the hydrogen and oxygen atoms do not change at different pH levels. It's those charges and not pH that breaks that bond.
Thanks! So potassium silicate liquid is already broken down into the two components when you use it? Then why does it precipitate out a bucket of nutes where MSA doesn't?

Got you covered today HappyHaz!

I've got lots of pics from this weekend, but since I don't have a lot of plants to talk about I think I'll spread them out over a couple of days. The Monday update will be just about the two Summer Grow plants.

Here they were yesterday evening after stripping most of the yellow off, starting with the Trainwreck from @Weed Seeds Express on flip day 19:

And here is the Purple Urkle from ApeOrigin, also on flip day 19:

About the yellowing leaves, here is what came off the Trainwreck before that pic:

Some Trainwreck larf I took off while I was down there:

Already very sticky!
:thumb:

And the fewer yellows that came off the PU:

On Wednesday I'll do the post-stretch thinning so that's the next time you'll see them.

If you remember, I mentioned that there were bugs crawling all over the bark chips on top of the pots. Before I scraped that off and replaced it with more soil, I took some pics. Here they are:

I don't know what they are, but they don't seem like fungus gnats to me because they didn't hover over the surface or fly to the outsides of the pot when I moved it. And they haven't reappeared since I stripped off the bark. We'll see!

I hope your weekend went well and everyone gets a good week ahead. :peace:

Quotes:

Thanks Coffee, I appreciate that.

Thanks! So potassium silicate liquid is already broken down into the two components when you use it? Then why does it precipitate out a bucket of nutes where MSA doesn't?
"Party at the end of the stick" 😂 yoooooo they love those ends huh ? But they look great shed.... Are they root aphids? I've had them in the last two bags of FF soil I've bought

they look great shed.... Are they root aphids? I've had them in the last two bags of FF soil I've bought
Thanks! And they do indeed seem like they could be root aphids. :eek:
root-aphids-1.jpg

"Damage from root aphids is usually visible in a lack of vigor from plants. Withered, curled, and yellow leaves, similar to signs of nutrient deficiencies..."
Source:

I'm not liking the fixes they recommend since they all seem to be above soil options. I wonder if H2O2 will kill them in the soil. :hmmmm:

root-aphids-1.jpg

"Damage from root aphids is usually visible in a lack of vigor from plants. Withered, curled, and yellow leaves, similar to signs of nutrient deficiencies..."
Source:

I'm not liking the fixes they recommend since they all seem to be above soil options. I wonder if H2O2 will kill them in the soil. :hmmmm:
I've fought with them last two grows..... They don't seem to be a "huge" issue.... I do use a salt mix on the surface and it seems to deal with them wandering

It could be the cause of the yellowing leaves that I can't seem to fix with nutes. I'm thinking of going with an H2O2 bath tomorrow.
I use the salt water mix to dehydrate the top and make them move.... Idk they usually not a concern unless infested

I use the salt water mix to dehydrate the top and make them move.... Idk they usually not a concern unless infested
I usually clean my tent and equipment with salt washes.... But a spray on the top of soil makes them move quick...idk
I think I still have a bottle of Sierra Natural Science SNS 209 which says it works on root aphids, so I'll do a gallon of 3% H2O2 tomorrow and start adding the 209 to the nutes.
Honestly I used that as well as saw little effect...but it did slow them down....I'm not 100% sure if the root cure minus heat treatment

I usually clean my tent and equipment with salt washes.... But a spray on the top of soil makes them move quick...idk
I haven't see any since I got rid of the bark and put a 1" layer of new soil on top, but I'd be hesitant to use salt on top!
Honestly I used that as well as saw little effect...but it did slow them down....I'm not 100% sure if the root cure minus heat treatment
I'm also reading that pyrethrum can be used in the soil and isn't systemic.

useful and expensive immediately
:rofl:
in the presence of synthetic nutes (like potassium silicate), the plants will use the potassium from that rather than what was built into the soil.
I remember you saying this once before in a slightly different context. The soil does have natural silica built in. I should probably leave it alone. I have been following Jamie's grows and he grows beautiful weed with his soil and water only. He did say he would be mixing it up a bit. I should probably pay attention to his next grow.
root-aphids-1.jpg

Source:

Gross.... how about some Spinosad or Beauveria?

The plants look amazing!

Back
Top Bottom