InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Gives you something to do in your spare time.
I am a man of leisure right now. Reckon everyone is leaving me alone until Monday 😂

From London in the West to Vladivostok in the East…

🎶 let my Nich....laaas goooo!"

The way I had it was (from the ground up) bucket, 73 micron bag, large turkey bag. When I flipped it upside down the cold air pouring out of the hash bag was too cold for the plastic I guess. Last batch I ran the bucket shattered!
Hmm . . . how much dry ice did you use?

When I did it I used maybe 2lbs of dry ice in a 5 gallon micron bag. I let the dry ice and the weed sit in the bucket for about ten minutes then I shook it. I had plenty of dry ice to do 2 batches of 3 different size bags. Seemed like it got cold enough to do the trick.

I'm thinking next time I'll put the dry ice and weed in the micron bag and place that into a covered bucket for ten mins to get cold. Once cold I'll remove the bag from the bucket and shake into a large open turkey bag - but try not to touch it. The bucket will not be used in the shaking process. Do you think that will still split / crack the turkey bag? Only cold trichomes and tiny plant material will touch the turkey bag.

When I did it I used maybe 2lbs of dry ice in a 5 gallon micron bag. I let the dry ice and the weed sit in the bucket for about ten minutes then I shook it. I had plenty of dry ice to do 2 batches of 3 different size bags. Seemed like it got cold enough to do the trick.

I'm thinking next time I'll put the dry ice and weed in the micron bag and place that into a covered bucket for ten mins to get cold. Once cold I'll remove the bag from the bucket and shake into a large open turkey bag - but try not to touch it. The bucket will not be used in the shaking process. Do you think that will still split / crack the turkey bag? Only cold trichomes and tiny plant material will touch the turkey bag.
We used a big piece of glass. Its a fiddly job trying to go straight to bag is more haste less speed for me. Gte a nice wide landing area (you'll still lose some for sure just "something in the air") but once its there moving it glass/mirror to zip lock or tupperware is way easier.

I think I've been conned.
Not conned, just slower off the mark if you really intended to buy it.
Each batch was about 2lbs. Not like I measured though.

We did it with the flower and ice in the bucket, shook it around for a few minutes, and then tipped it over so the ice and flower fell into the 73m bag. The turkey bag was about 6" below the bottom of the hash bag and I don't think they touched. The air coming out of the bag was probably close to -100°F so I'm thinking that was the reason. Maybe the ice did touch the bag but not as I remember it. Give it a try and see if it works, but over a smooth flat surface in case you have the same experience!
We used a big piece of glass. Its a fiddly job trying to go straight to bag is more haste less speed for me. Gte a nice wide landing area (you'll still lose some for sure just "something in the air") but once its there moving it glass/mirror to zip lock or tupperware is way easier.
Both times I have ended up with a visible brown area on the rug around the outside of the mirror when I pick it up, so the overspray is real.

And I can see where getting it off the glass jar to be easier than getting it out of a plastic bag.

Unfortunately I don't have a large mirror / glass. I guess I could buy one just for that.

A sheet of plexiglass from Home Depot would probably be cheaper and less dangerous!
Definitely an option. Although a garage sale mirror might be a lot cheaper.
Last time I just used the kitchen counter. It sure made a mess!

We made a hood to shake the bags in to:

hood.jpeg

420 kief.jpeg

Great idea...I hope you remembered to scrape down the cardboard (foam core?)!
Lolz. We had so much. Still do. Not sure what to sell it for. Not even really tried it.

Yeah they call it Future Board here. Corrugated plastic.

Lolz. We had so much. Still do. Not sure what to sell it for. Not even really tried it.

Yeah they call it Future Board here. Corrugated plastic.
What size tire do you need for that set-up, Nick? :Rasta:

WooHoo! I started using a large totes with a plastic sheet under them for easy cleaning! Shake in the first one for a few minutes for the purest hash for smoking, then finish in the second one for making edibles, capsules...
All Great ideas but...

Using a tote, you can sit with the tote on the floor and use your legs to support your arms cause they DO get tired! Much less loss because of the side walls, and by tilting and tapping the tote, you can accumulate into a pile and either scoop out or pour into a container. I use the plastic sheet under the tote to catch any airborne hash trying to escape! Clean up is ALOT easier this way!

Scrape everything. Them little trichs go much further than you realise. So if you baked the moldy buds. Are they now decarbed?
Not sure I would put them in edibles but I feel I would be fine if a lit the little shits on fire. It's been like 25 pages since I was last here a few days ago 😄 so I'm going to try read back a bit.
Have the most epic weekend Shed and Family

What size tire do you need for that set-up, Nick? :Rasta:
There was what the British call a “Car boot sale” like a trunk sale in the US? Outside a proper English pub over here. 3 maybe 145’s? From a little Toyota smallest size kinda thing. i bought the set of three and & Co’s brother in law being a car mechanic put them on axels/wheel thingys and I bought 3 bits of tempered glass to put on top. Workmanship not great. But I kept one - toral cost the 3 $50. He sold the other two. During covid did some random stuff!

Though post covid I’ve been growing commercial quantities of weed, so you know. Balance, right?

Scrape everything. Them little trichs go much further than you realise.
Scrape and vacuum!
So if you baked the moldy buds. Are they now decarbed?
Given the time and temp they were baked at I don't consider them decarbed, but...
Not sure I would put them in edibles but I feel I would be fine if a lit the little shits on fire.
That's interesting, because I feel like the acid in our stomachs is better designed to deal with a bit of mold than our lungs, but that is definitely not my area of expertise! Either way I'm hoping after all that time at 175 and 200º whatever spores there were are dead, but I haven't figured out what to do with that batch anyway.
It's been like 25 pages since I was last here a few days ago so I'm going to try read back a bit.
No need..you saw the Candidas, you saw the hash, you're caught up!
Have the most epic weekend Shed and Family
:thanks: Lerugged, to you and yours as well. :)
They looked like they are on the right direction for the intent . But that was 2-3 days ago Duh !
Nah, only seems that way...it was just Thursday morning!

Back
Top Bottom