InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thursday update to show that I have plants growing! It's flip day 12 for the Candida pair involved in the seed making project. And here they were this morning (STS on the right in the naked black pot):

I sprayed the smaller one with STS 3 days before flip, 3 days later, flipped it that night, and have continued to spray it every 3 days since for a total of six sprays so far. I've got pistils on the un-sprayed plant this morning and they look like this:

The sprayed plant looks a bit different at the flowers but no actual pollen sacs yet (but with a few pistils), still I'm hopeful. Here are some pics of that plant:

I'll go back and look at the Sour G STS reversal I did and see how that progressed before I panic. :)

NB: For the record, you can see that the 50/50 STS spray has not done any damage to the plant, and I pretty much spray the whole thing down.
That's the seed making news today. I hope all is going swimmingly with your plants and your lives. :green_heart:

Quotes:
WooHoo! Today I cullled 5 Males to the trash bin outside!
Does that count as a Schlep?
No, but I appreciate the effort. Keep at it and someday you'll get the hang of it!
I thought since I was paying for the name Schleping.com I was entitled to a stipend. But if you think it’s unfair pm me for details. lol CL🍀
You can probably get that address for really cheap since it's the wrong spelling. :laugh:

Thursday update to show that I have plants growing! It's flip day 12 for the Candida pair involved in the seed making project. And here they were this morning (STS on the right in the naked black pot):

I sprayed the smaller one with STS 3 days before flip, 3 days later, flipped it that night, and have continued to spray it every 3 days since for a total of six sprays so far. I've got pistils on the un-sprayed plant this morning and they look like this:

The sprayed plant looks a bit different at the flowers but no actual pollen sacs yet (but with a few pistils), still I'm hopeful. Here are some pics of that plant:

I'll go back and look at the Sour G STS reversal I did and see how that progressed before I panic. :)

That's the seed making news today. I hope all is going swimmingly with your plants and your lives. :green_heart:

Quotes:

No, but I appreciate the effort. Keep at it and someday you'll get the hang of it!

You can probably get that address for really cheap since it's the wrong spelling. :laugh:
That misspelling was courtesy of my Spellcheck and it has been corrected in an edit. Thanks for pointing it out but I did it before I read your post. lol CL🍀

That misspelling was courtesy of my Spellcheck and it has been corrected in an edit. Thanks for pointing it out but I did it before I read your post. lol CL🍀
Gotcha. Now, what are your thoughts regarding the difference between the Candidas?
If you are desperate for pollen, I could pull the Males out of the bin for you?
Much as I appreciate the offer ;), I'm looking to make S1 seeds of the Candida since they've been discontinued and the breeder out of business. :thumb:
I'll go back and look at the Sour G STS reversal I did and see how that progressed before I panic.
I found this interesting picture of the STS-sprayed Sour G on flip day 14 back in 2022:

full

Prominent pistils and the beginning of pollen sacs. So there ya go. :slide:

Thanks Keith, and you are an official member of the schlep club!

I grow my plants in pots and carry (schlep) them outside into the sun every morning and inside every evening for additional light to keep them from flowering. When I decide to flip them I carry them inside and keep them in total darkness for 12 hours, either in a tent or in the shed. That way I'm not restricted to flowering just once a year.

It also means the plants have to fit through a 3' (or smaller) door frame twice a day, which takes some doing when they're in full flower, like this one from last fall:

full

LOL! I'm guessing that the Captain needed reminding that in the English language, many (though not all) words get two consonants when converting the regular verb (with one final consonant) to the gerund form. For example: permit and permitting, stop and stopping, schlep and schlepping, etc.

For further information on this, please see:
Hi Shed,

This is just stunning. Just breathtaking every time.
If you leave the left over water in a bucket for a couple hours you can siphon the water off the top leaving a small amount of hash at the bottom sometimes it's quality sometimes it's small pieces of plant matter , I've noticed a big difference in hash based on the strain some strains have smaller trichomes some have larger... but what I Do know is shed is going to be cooked with some high quality hash
Your name gives you cred ! :cool:
WooHoo! Today I cullled 5 Males to the trash bin outside!

Does that count as a Schlep?
Culling males sound shleppy. How many plants did you start with?

holding thumbs! Everything looks green and healthy. C'mon boy bits.

Gotcha. Now, what are your thoughts regarding the difference between the Candidas?

Much as I appreciate the offer ;), I'm looking to make S1 seeds of the Candida since they've been discontinued and the breeder out of business. :thumb:

I found this interesting picture of the STS-sprayed Sour G on flip day 14 back in 2022:

full

Prominent pistils and the beginning of pollen sacs. So there ya go. :slide:
I couldn’t see any difference between the Candida’s but if you did I would be interested in you pointing it out. CL🍀 :thanks:

This is just stunning. Just breathtaking every time.
Thanks Carmen, and I still find it crazy every time I look at it! Also, thought of you this morning.
holding thumbs! Everything looks green and healthy. C'mon boy bits.
:thanks:
I couldn’t see any difference between the Candida’s but if you did I would be interested in you pointing it out. CL🍀
Be glad to (and I probably should have when I posted it, but I didn't want to sway any opinions)! Here is what I can see the difference is on the STS Candida:

20240404_090650 CD-1 STS for pollen annotated.jpg

Those different bits (to the right of and below the light green leaf) could be the beginning of pollen sacs, similar to the way we try to identify male from female seed plants in the early stages.

It's not due for another spray until Saturday evening, but I hope by then the sacs will be obvious and it won't need any more STS.

I thought since I was paying for the name Schlepping.com (2Ps) I was entitled to a stipend. But if you think 🤔 it’s unfair pm me for details. lol 😂 CL🍀
I've bought the rights to Schlepping420.com, and nailed exclusive certification rights for those who complete their training on that site!

All you un-certified schlepists (I would never call you "schleppers") out there, please keep that in mind when you're ready to get certified.

Oh, and out badges are not stale Oreo cookies. They're fresh! :ganjamon:

Thanks Carmen, and I still find it crazy every time I look at it! Also, thought of you this morning.

:thanks:

Be glad to (and I probably should have when I posted it, but I didn't want to sway any opinions)! Here is what I can see the difference is on the STS Candida:

20240404_090650 CD-1 STS for pollen annotated.jpg

Those different bits (to the right of and below the light green leaf) could be the beginning of pollen sacs, similar to the way we try to identify male from female seed plants in the early stages.
It's not due for another spray until Saturday evening, but I hope by then the sacs will be obvious and it won't need any more STS.

NB: For the record, you can see that the 50/50 STS spray has not done any damage to the plant, and I pretty much spray the whole thing down.
Hey Shed, when the sacs are ready are you just gonna' blow that pollen around in the tent?

It's fun to watch the plants do the nasty! :)

Hey Shed, when the sacs are ready are you just gonna' blow that pollen around in the tent? It's fun to watch the plants do the nasty!
I'll leave them both in the tent at the same time, so there will be some of that boot-knocking going on (cue Barry White), but I'll probably also be more selective (like I was with the Sour G). I'd like to collect pollen and store it for future use and I'd like to make sure every pistil has pollen on it (rather than leaving it to chance).

I developed a morning pollen ritual with the Sour G where I would get on my knees in front of the tent and use a small paintbrush to collect whatever pollen had fallen and apply that to the pistils. Then I'd tip over the male and tap the branches over parchment paper, apply some of that to the pistils and save the rest to dry out and store in the fridge.

I'm lucky that I don't have anything else in flower at the moment, which makes me less nervous about accidentally spreading it around.

I've bought the rights to Schlepping420.com, and nailed exclusive certification rights for those who complete their training on that site!

All you un-certified schlepists (I would never call you "schleppers") out there, please keep that in mind when you're ready to get certified.

Oh, and out badges are not stale Oreo cookies. They're

🍀

Crazy! I know it's true because it was available this morning. :)
I own so many domains. One day I tells ya, one day someone will buy one and I'll retire to a tropical island on the profits!

Also the green bagged couple are on the front page 😂

Back
Top Bottom