InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Will you be giving a in depth tutorial on schleping? With links 🔗? You could maybe start with schleping 101 and then move on to the more advanced levels. CL🍀
No matter how you do it I will be watching and appreciating it. Looking forward to it. :green_heart: 🍋

Some different types. CL🍀

IMG_4922.jpeg

IMG_4923.jpeg

IMG_4924.jpeg

IMG_4921.jpeg

No matter how you do it I will be watching and appreciating it. Looking forward to it. 🍋
Thanks Keith, and you are an official member of the schlep club!
WooHoo! Thanks!
I wasn't 100% on what you meant!
I grow my plants in pots and carry (schlep) them outside into the sun every morning and inside every evening for additional light to keep them from flowering. When I decide to flip them I carry them inside and keep them in total darkness for 12 hours, either in a tent or in the shed. That way I'm not restricted to flowering just once a year.

It also means the plants have to fit through a 3' (or smaller) door frame twice a day, which takes some doing when they're in full flower, like this one from last fall:

full

You're both right!
LOL! I'm guessing that the Captain needed reminding that in the English language, many (though not all) words get two consonants when converting the regular verb (with one final consonant) to the gerund form. For example: permit and permitting, stop and stopping, schlep and schlepping, etc.

For further information on this, please see:

I grow my plants in pots and carry (schlep) them outside into the sun every morning and inside every evening for additional light to keep them from flowering. When I decide to flip them I carry them inside and keep them in total darkness for 12 hours, either in a tent or in the shed. That way I'm not restricted to flowering just once a year.

It also means the plants have to fit through a 3' (or smaller) door frame twice a day, which takes some doing when they're in full flower, like this one from last fall:

full

LOL! I'm guessing that the Captain needed reminding that in the English language, many (though not all) words get two consonants when converting the regular verb (with one final consonant) to the gerund form. For example: permit and permitting, stop and stopping, schlep and schlepping, etc.

That was another one of my worst subjects in school.🏫 If it wasn’t interesting 🤔 to me then I would usually (2Ls) be napping 💤 (2Ps) But thank you for that English lesson. (2Ss) It’s very obvious that the Shedster wasn’t napping 😴 (2Ps) Lmao 😂 CL🍀 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I would need to find a thicker clear plastic bag that will fit around a 5g bucket, so I'll keep my eye out for that, since it's still a great idea.
What about using an extra large oven bag and shake the 73 micron dry ice bag into it, but don't let the dry ice bag touch the turkey bag?
i.e. no bucket - just the micron bag.

Well then you can be an Official Member of the Schlep Club. Please send 19.99 to the Capt. lol 😂 CL🍀
Why did I have to pay $24.99? The stupid badge was actually just a stale Oreo cookie with a Whole Foods sticker on too.

Greetings all and a belated happy Easter to all of you who celebrate it! Not a lot going on worth talking about but I did do a dry ice hash run on some old and new stuff, so that can be my Tuesday afternoon update.

First off, the Queen G auto 2 with the mold settled at 62% in the turkey bag, so I weighed it:

That's 105g or 3.7 ounces, so not as much as the one where I didn't cut it down to just 8 colas. That's not my normal style anyway and it does work for a lot of folks, but not for me. I can say it had a very sweet and fruity scent to it.

Next stop for those flowers was the oven on a baking tray. I ran them for 20 minutes at 175ºF (lowest my new oven goes), but then I decide to do another 30 minutes at 200º. Not enough to decarb but hopefully no mold survives at that temp.

And from there it got sent to -109ºF when I converted it to dry ice hash! :)

My son and I picked up 10lbs of dry ice, grabbed a 73 micron hash bag, and ran four batches of flower from mostly old stock. I ground it up loosely (not too fine) first, and for the record, here are the four batches:

• Sour G from 10/7/19 and droughted Sour G from 11/14/21
• Doug's Varin (no THCV) from 4/29/22 and Durban Poison from 2/21/21
• PowerPlant from 10/3/20 and Purple Urkle from 10/15/22
• Queen G auto 2 from 3/29/24

We shook for less time than we did a year ago to make sure we didn't get plant material (if it even goes through a 73 mesh screen...dunno), and we tried shaking it into a plastic bag as @GratefulBud explained, but the cold split the bag in a few seconds, so we went back to using the mirror (seen here from my last go when we used 120 micron).

Here are the results:

I didn't weigh flower vs hash so I have no idea about yield, but I do know that it's difficult to use the color change method for knowing when to stop shaking if you're working with older flower since it's brown to start with as you can see in the pic. The only blonde hash was from the brand new QGa2.

It's drying in a closet with a mini-dehuey at the moment because @HashFart said dryer was better. That's a great smelling closet for sure!

On the Candida seed making front, it's flip day 10 and there are neither pistils nor balls yet, so I'm still spraying every 3 nights. As I recall, Candidas are slower to flower than other plants (@Heavenly Hybrid might be able to confirm that since she's grown them more recently than I have). Either way...we'll see soon I hope.

Thanks for stopping by!

Quotes:

Thanks Grateful! I have much more fun growing outside (I'd have more next to a pool) but I found growing only inside kind of a drag.

Thank you Boo! All are well. My daughter and her BF are off camping for the week and my son went back up to school yesterday, and we're back to being empty nesters until mid-May. :)
Hash ...... The original concentrate!!! Hellllyyeeeaahhh!! 😎✌️

full

5 stars

look at all that hash. 🤤 nice haul, Shed. what's next after it dries? gonna press it?

hey, one thing I've noticed is that with dry sifting people keep the tails (anything below 20 microns),
whereas with bubble hash the tails are thrown out with the wash water.
I've wondered if maybe sifting through the 73 into a 20 could improve quality slightly -
or perhaps if it's the opposite and that we lose out a bit when making bubble hash.
I haven't done dry ice hash and without evaporating a bucket full of water I can't really tell you lol.
But I'd guess you could sift it through the 20 and find out.
If you leave the left over water in a bucket for a couple hours you can siphon the water off the top leaving a small amount of hash at the bottom sometimes it's quality sometimes it's small pieces of plant matter , I've noticed a big difference in hash based on the strain some strains have smaller trichomes some have larger... but what I Do know is shed is going to be cooked with some high quality hash

What about using an extra large oven bag and shake the 73 micron dry ice bag into it, but don't let the dry ice bag touch the turkey bag?
i.e. no bucket - just the micron bag.
The way I had it was (from the ground up) bucket, 73 micron bag, large turkey bag. When I flipped it upside down the cold air pouring out of the hash bag was too cold for the plastic I guess. Last batch I ran the bucket shattered!
WooHoo! I would Schlep for buds like that!
Thanks MS! I got POTM for it as well. :)
Well then you can be an Official Member of the Schlep Club. Please send 19.99 to the Capt. lol CL🍀
You're running my schlep club? Also, membership is free to anyone who schleps their plants.

For the record, my schlepping goes back to the earliest days of my growing and my first reference is here in 2017. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Why did I have to pay $24.99? The stupid badge was actually just a stale Oreo cookie with a Whole Foods sticker on too.
Foreign exchange rate?
Hash ...... The original concentrate!!! Hellllyyeeeaahhh!!
Sure is Scottay!
Thanks Mark, and my highest yield as well!
If you leave the left over water in a bucket for a couple hours you can siphon the water off the top leaving a small amount of hash at the bottom sometimes it's quality sometimes it's small pieces of plant matter , I've noticed a big difference in hash based on the strain some strains have smaller trichomes some have larger...
I can't imagine going through that much trouble to collect what makes it through the 25m screen, but me and bubble hash don't get along anyway. Too much trouble from the jump.
but what I Do know is shed is going to be cooked with some high quality hash
I sure hope so, and thanks for your help!
I knew you would grow up to be something but this I did not expect . Head schelpper ! Is that spelled right ? lol
Spelled correctly and I always knew I'd amount to something! 🏆

Foreign exchange rate?
Lolz don’t. I pay my Patreon in HKD which is by law pegged to the USD at say $7.8-7.81 range. Never moved out of that 40+ years.

Patreon use 10 or something. Its illegal in HK to do that. I need to get Amex on the case.

The way I had it was (from the ground up) bucket, 73 micron bag, large turkey bag. When I flipped it upside down the cold air pouring out of the hash bag was too cold for the plastic I guess. Last batch I ran the bucket shattered!

Thanks MS! I got POTM for it as well. :)

You're running my schlep club? Also, membership is free to anyone who schleps their plants.

For the record, my schlepping goes back to the earliest days of my growing and my first reference is here in 2017. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Foreign exchange rate?

Sure is Scottay!

Thanks Mark, and my highest yield as well!

I can't imagine going through that much trouble to collect what makes it through the 25m screen, but me and bubble hash don't get along anyway. Too much trouble from the jump.

I sure hope so, and thanks for your help!

Spelled correctly and I always knew I'd amount to something! 🏆
I thought since I was paying for the name Schlepping.com (2Ps) I was entitled to a stipend. But if you think 🤔 it’s unfair pm me for details. lol 😂 CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom