InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

The rest of the update is that I ran out of patience to see if the Candida plant was seeded, so here's what I plucked:

It wasn't really ready to give up it's casing, but after some scraping, look what I found:

:yahoo:

Now I can just let the plant ripen as long as it wants, knowing that the pollen worked!
This is very good news indeed. U must be feeling like a proud papa! Right? Excellent job!
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

Question for anyone with an opinion, informed or otherwise. Here is the scenario:

I'll be out of town Friday morning through Sunday night. I have the two summer grow and the seeded Candida currently on flip day 54.

I'd like to set the tent to at least 18/6 for the summer plants (if not 20/4) since they've been on 24/0 since birth, but the Candida is at 12/12. My options for the Candida are:

1. Let it run 3 days at veg lighting.
2. Leave it outside at about 14/10 (nights are in the high 50s).

So, cooler nights (and barely veg lighting) or warmth and full veg lighting? I can probably give it 12/12 again Sunday night with a short day on Monday, so maybe only 2 days of veg lighting.

Let me know before I leave around noon PDT on Friday! :thanks:

Quotes:
beautiful bro
Thanks Mark!
Hmmm... That's funny, I've never received these when I've ordered seeds from them... Must be a recent thing.
Maybe. I can't believe they'd only send them with prizes or comparative-grow seeds.
man they did take to the uppot really good way to go ! One more time why do you take that first node off ? Thanks Shed
Thanks sb! I took (and take) the first node off because it never produces the kinds of colas the higher nodes do, and taking it off will push the plant to grow more nodes on top.
This is very good news indeed. U must be feeling like a proud papa! Right? Excellent job!
Definitely good news, since I already have some folks in need when these are dry and ready to go. Thanks Budman!

My opinion, outdoors.
14 hours of light is closer to what they're getting now, and if you have a spot in your yard that gets shade earlier, maybe beside a fence or something, it might be good enough to mimic a flowering schedule.

FWIW, I've seen photoperiod plants transition to flower under 14 hours of light.
I have no idea if they would've continued to flower under it, since the people who were growing them immediately put them back into veg.

Question for anyone with an opinion, informed or otherwise. Here is the scenario:

I'll be out of town Friday morning through Sunday night. I have the two summer grow and the seeded Candida currently on flip day 54.

I'd like to set the tent to at least 18/6 for the summer plants (if not 20/4) since they've been on 24/0 since birth, but the Candida is at 12/12. My options for the Candida are:

So, cooler nights (and barely veg lighting) or warmth and full veg lighting? I can probably give it 12/12 again Sunday night with a short day on Monday, so maybe only 2 days of veg lighting.

Hey Shed, I honestly don't think that 2 or 3 days is going to be detrimental to seed production. When I made seeds with Mama Tk and Studly in 2019, Mama Tk revegged but she was still producing abundant viable seed while in advanced reveg.

My opinion, outdoors.
14 hours of light is closer to what they're getting now, and if you have a spot in your yard that gets shade earlier, maybe beside a fence or something, it might be good enough to mimic a flowering schedule.

FWIW, I've seen photoperiod plants transition to flower under 14 hours of light.
I have no idea if they would've continued to flower under it, since the people who were growing them immediately put them back into veg.
Thanks Mel! I'm hoping that two days with an extra 2 hours at this stage won't cause it to reveg as long as those temps aren't a problem.
I think it will be fine outdoors. 🍋
Thanks Keith!
Agree with these guys. Not that it would hurt it much either way but cooler temp may add some color and the plant will probably barely notice the light change.
Most of that plant is yellow and brown at this stage so I don't think I'd notice any color change from the chill, but outside seems to be the choice so far. Thank you Justin!
Yeah, what they said.
LOL thanks Fudo! Four for outside.
Hey Shed, I honestly don't think that 2 or 3 days is going to be detrimental to seed production. When I made seeds with Mama Tk and Studly in 2019, Mama Tk revegged but she was still producing abundant viable seed while in advanced reveg.
An inside vote, thanks Carmen! I was hoping for some votes for inside since that's easier (having them all in one place and not worrying about cool soil nutrient uptake), so it's nice to hear your experience.

Quotes:

Thanks Mark!

Maybe. I can't believe they'd only send them with prizes or comparative-grow seeds.

Thanks sb! I took (and take) the first node off because it never produces the kinds of colas the higher nodes do, and taking it off will push the plant to grow more nodes on top.

Definitely good news, since I already have some folks in need when these are dry and ready to go. Thanks Budman!
WooHoo! The veg girls are small enough to throw under a CFL or 2 (24/0) anywhere outside the tent for a few days?

WooHoo! The veg girls are small enough to throw under a CFL or 2 (24/0) anywhere outside the tent for a few days?
They actually sit under a 23w CFL every night from 8pm to 8am! But I'd rather not lose three days of growth at this stage so that's why I was going to put them in the tent under the MarsHydro SP250. Better air circulation in the tent as well compared to on the desk. :)

Like many here have already said... I'm in favor of leaving your Candida girl outside, letting Mother Nature do her thing. Keep in mind that she's already in full bloom, so staying closer to bloom day/night patterns should be better for her rather than 18/6 veg lighting... That's my 2¢
I love My Girls... :smokin:

WooHoo! Rumor has it, you could find a temporary substitute light in your attic?
Lights I've got, warm places to hang them not so much.
Like many here have already said... I'm in favor of leaving your Candida girl outside, letting Mother Nature do her thing. Keep in mind that she's already in full bloom, so staying closer to bloom day/night patterns should be better for her rather than 18/6 veg lighting... That's my 2¢
Thanks BudMan! The Candida is closer to harvest than full bloom, with probably 10-14 days left in it, so that's why 18/6 seemed like it might be an option.

Highya ITS,

I grow outdoors. I think (pretty sure) my girls flip the switch around mid-August for finishing in mid October. Mid August has 14 hrs of sunlight/day at that point. So, I don't think they'll reveg with 14 hrs of sunlight. I'd leave them outdoors. Coolness shouldn't be a problem. But, it's your call! Have a nice weekend. Happy Smokin'

Thanks Mel! I'm hoping that two days with an extra 2 hours at this stage won't cause it to reveg as long as those temps aren't a problem.

Thanks Keith!

Most of that plant is yellow and brown at this stage so I don't think I'd notice any color change from the chill, but outside seems to be the choice so far. Thank you Justin!

LOL thanks Fudo! Four for outside.

An inside vote, thanks Carmen! I was hoping for some votes for inside since that's easier (having them all in one place and not worrying about cool soil nutrient uptake), so it's nice to hear your experience.
Personally I’d go with inside, less chance of nature throwing a curve ball. CL🍀

I grow outdoors. I think (pretty sure) my girls flip the switch around mid-August for finishing in mid October. Mid August has 14 hrs of sunlight/day at that point. So, I don't think they'll reveg with 14 hrs of sunlight. I'd leave them outdoors. Coolness shouldn't be a problem. But, it's your call! Have a nice weekend.
Thank you Bode! What worries me about outside is that it might decide to stop eating with three nights at 52° and that would be the end. I think it's got another week in it so I'm kinda leaning towards a more conservative approach.
Personally I’d go with inside, less chance of nature throwing a curve ball. CL🍀
I'm starting to feel that way too. Thanks Captain!
how much warmer is the tent than 50s outside if not that much 10-15F ,,, I say animals come out at nite that you don't see in the day for sure !! I vote inside .. heck its 60s at night here must be that ocean breeze .
Low in the tent at night is high 60s so that sounds right. And it's not just the ocean breeze but the heavy marine layer (and high humidity) that moves in at the end of the day, blocking whatever sun there might have been after 4pm. Thanks sb!

Thank you Bode! What worries me about outside is that it might decide to stop eating with three nights at 52° and that would be the end. I think it's got another week in it so I'm kinda leaning towards a more conservative approach.

I'm starting to feel that way too. Thanks Captain!

Low in the tent at night is high 60s so that sounds right. And it's not just the ocean breeze but the heavy marine layer (and high humidity) that moves in at the end of the day, blocking whatever sun there might have been after 4pm. Thanks sb!
Great minds think alike Shedster but you already knew that too. lol 😂 CL🍀:rofl::rofl::rofl::ciao:

Back
Top Bottom