InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Monday's news is here!

OMG! My son didn't need college, you know... Bill Gates, Tony Robbins.. etc. We kinda incentived alteast an Associate Degree. Which he did and Thanked us after.
I know you are Proud of him! I live for my kids successes! They hate the snippets of advice, but as a Dad, We really want them to Prosper in every way!
It's so cool when they appreciate us as parents, and interestingly, that's something my son started to do a couple of years ago. It was another sign he was really starting to grow up!
Did you check the floor of the tent for seed droppings? Looks like you will have a nice supply of Seeds!
I did glance down there this morning before I took it outside, but I'll make sure to keep looking for volunteers!
Welcome home Shed and congrats on your boys graduation! I remember when you first drove him to school. Yay for him
Thanks so much Boo! My wife and I were talking about the fact that we've been making this 5+ hour drive since 2017 when our daughter started at UC Davis, and this was our last "required" trip north. :)

Hello everyone and welcome back to me! Before I start catching up on what I missed I wanted to drop a Monday update of the seeded Candida and the CapJunky.

Let's start with the CJ on day 24:

It's got some light stress from the sudden move to LEDs, but it looks pretty good for three days alone. I watered them both when I got home and they're back outside this morning.

And here is the seeded Candida on flip day 58:

Finally, here is the last bud I pollinated, 27 days ago:

The plant is looking pretty ragged with PM chewing up most of the leaves, but I sprayed it with neem this morning to make sure it keeps enough green to carry on. I am still not seeing many calyxes split open to show off the seeds within, but I'm going to let it go until it completely stops drinking no matter what it looks like.

That's it from me today. I hope your weekend went well!

Quotes:

Thanks Mark!

Thank you Otter! It was so great to see the child who never cared about school (and never even imagined himself going to college) graduate in four years with a two-handed wave and a huge smile on his face. We couldn't be prouder of him. :love:

Thanks sb, and I'm glad to be back safe and sound!
Welcome back @InTheShed ,
Love your work... someday, I'll be as good as you... you make it all look so easy!
And congrats on your son. Always nice to see them grow up properly... :thumb:
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

Happy Monday Shedster!! Give your kiddo a hi-5 from me!! I'm digging that candida plant. Seeds seeds and more seeds!! 😎✌️

Tuesday afternoon update on the Purple Ghost Candy from Seedsman! Here it is on day 28, looking completely recovered from the earlier droop, and we even have some sun today:

Saugaview®:

And check out the roots growing out of the holes, 10 days after transplant:

That means they're well beyond the original width of the solo cup and are filling the pot nicely!

I've noticed that there are a few stretchy versions of the PGC growing on the site, so I'll need to keep an eye out for that to make sure I can get it through the door in flower. :)

Thanks for following along. :ciao:

Quotes:
Hiya Shed! Can't think of a better place to add more of my useless chatter than here.
You could add some here as well if you have time. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I hope you and the family have been well! Yes, as you can see it doesn't take much to draw me in. Look who mentioned me!
All is well and I'm just back from my son's college graduation...so that's new! Also, this place isn't the same without pics of your well-worn deck.
You are a good Dad Shed. 🍋
Thank you Keith. I learned so much from my dad and enjoy being able to pass that love along to my kids.
Welcome back Shed. Graduation congrats and a well deserved nice time for all.
Thanks Stunger! It was also probably the last time the four of us will be away together as a family. :(
The seeded Candida looks great. Sticky fingers ahead to claim the harvest!
Sticky fingers indeed! I remember de-seeding the Sour G a couple of year ago and my hands were black with resin where I rubbed the buds between them to get them out.
Happy Monday Shedster!! Give your kiddo a hi-5 from me!! I'm digging that candida plant. Seeds seeds and more seeds!! ✌️
Will do, thanks Scottay!
Long trip I know your glad that's done
On the plus side, I was just a passenger in my son's car on the drive home. The most work I had to do was hand him the water bottle!
, its this it , he goes to work and gets out the house now ? LOL
This is it for schooling as far as I know. He's got a job that runs until mid-August and then it's time to buckle down and find a permanent one. No clue how long before he moves out but most of that is probably a paycheck/rent-check issue. 💵 Also he'd miss our dog!
Plants came through like a boat in the water floats < ? damn PM is eating at the seeded one bad !
They came through with flying colors, and I figure a few neem sprays (no worries about it since the flowers aren't for smoking) and the PM should stay under control until it's harvest time.
Still a plant just male !
It's a seeded female!

:ciao:

Tuesday afternoon update on the Purple Ghost Candy from Seedsman! Here it is on day 28, looking completely recovered from the earlier droop, and we even have some sun today:

Saugaview®:

And check out the roots growing out of the holes, 10 days after transplant:

That means they're well beyond the original width of the solo cup and are filling the pot nicely!

I've noticed that there are a few stretchy versions of the PGC growing on the site, so I'll need to keep an eye out for that to make sure I can get it through the door in flower. :)

Thanks for following along. :ciao:

Quotes:

You could add some here as well if you have time. :cheesygrinsmiley:

All is well and I'm just back from my son's college graduation...so that's new! Also, this place isn't the same without pics of your well-worn deck.

Thank you Keith. I learned so much from my dad and enjoy being able to pass that love along to my kids.

Thanks Stunger! It was also probably the last time the four of us will be away together as a family. :(
:( indeed.
Sticky fingers indeed! I remember de-seeding the Sour G a couple of year ago and my hands were black with resin where I rubbed the buds between them to get them out.

Will do, thanks Scottay!

On the plus side, I was just a passenger in my son's car on the drive home. The most work I had to do was hand him the water bottle!

This is it for schooling as far as I know. He's got a job that runs until mid-August and then it's time to buckle down and find a permanent one. No clue how long before he moves out but most of that is probably a paycheck/rent-check issue. 💵 Also he'd miss our dog!

My new graduate starts his job in August... he's gonna go hike Mount Ranier this summer...got him a Garmin and satellite comms so we won't lose him!

I don't care if I'm gonna become a helicopter parent...

Howdy GV and :welcome: to my little slice of 420magzine!
😂 My ADHD, I was going to start another journal then I saw the list of journals then ended up here 😂 I don't really do too many perpetuals as I struggle to keep up but ill chill for a bit see what you got going on 😎
Q. was it you or otter that built your own pots?
Ps, PGC's off to a good start 👍

My wife had a little cry about that, but I'm thinking maybe sometime in the future we can pull them away from their busy lives and get a few days together.
My new graduate starts his job in August... he's gonna go hike Mount Ranier this summer...got him a Garmin and satellite comms so we won't lose him!
I don't care if I'm gonna become a helicopter parent...
That would make me pretty nervous, so well done getting him geared up to maintain contact!
My ADHD, I was going to start another journal then I saw the list of journals then ended up here I don't really do too many perpetuals as I struggle to keep up but ill chill for a bit see what you got going on
1766 pages can be intimidating, but it's just a page at a time. And there are a lot of journals that blow by faster than this one, like Keith's or Jon's. :) I don't think you'll have trouble keeping track, and feel free to ask questions or offer suggestions as we go!
Q. was it you or otter that built your own pots?
SIP pots? @StoneOtter uses manufactured ones and @Carcass makes his own from the recycling bin. :cheesygrinsmiley: I did make my own SWICK last summer and pulled over a pound out of it. I can link you to that build if you're interested.
Ps, PGC's off to a good start
:thanks:

SWICK last summer and pulled over a pound out of it. I can link you to that build if you're interested.
I think this could be what I was looking for. Straight after your outdoors? A swick would definitely get my attention 👍

I think this could be what I was looking for. Straight after your outdoors? A swick would definitely get my attention 👍
Here ya go:

https://www.420magazine.com/communi...side-out-jump-in-any-time.417558/post-5783312

Go with a smaller space between the drain hole and the soil since perlite doesn't wick as well as I expected. Because of that it was kind of a cross between a SWICK and hempy, so it may have helped to pH the res water. Speaking of the reservoir...

...if you go down this road outside I recommend a wet white towel draped around the pot to keep the heat down in the root zone and res, like this:

https://www.420magazine.com/communi...side-out-jump-in-any-time.417558/post-5959790

In the end it turned out pretty nicely, with a POTM win and nearly 18oz dried.

Here ya go:

https://www.420magazine.com/communi...side-out-jump-in-any-time.417558/post-5783312

Go with a smaller space between the drain hole and the soil since perlite doesn't wick as well as I expected. Because of that it was kind of a cross between a SWICK and hempy, so it may have helped to pH the res water. Speaking of the reservoir...

...if you go down this road outside I recommend a wet white towel draped around the pot to keep the heat down in the root zone and res, like this:

https://www.420magazine.com/communi...side-out-jump-in-any-time.417558/post-5959790

In the end it turned out pretty nicely, with a POTM win and nearly 18oz dried.
I recommend it too btw. lol 😂 CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom