InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Call it bad choice of word.. Oo come to think of it.. It is a leaf.. And from your pi.. The further to the left one is excellent to cut off :)
The aloe plants I'm thinking of don't have leaves. They have long pointy stems with little points on the edges.

Which one of these is a lower one? And if I break a piece off I've got a broken stem! Take off two and there's hardly any plant left...
costa-farms-house-plants-90408-64_145.jpg

I'm sticking with Dip'n Grow! I grow enough other stuff :).

Friday update!

I need to start by saying an enormous THANK YOU to all of you who voted, regardless of whom you cast your ballot for. Participation in the contests is a great way to say thanks to the members here who grow, show, and help the rest of us become better growers (and dare I say people)! If you missed this month's contests, enter and vote in February's and beyond. Show off your plants, your nugs, your photographs, and nominate the members who you feel are really helping out around the site for MOTM. And on the 15th of every month, go vote!

Second, thank you to all the folks who sub here and put up with my ramblings on life and growing, and offer amazing guidance and support. You're terrific and I appreciate you taking the time to visit.

On to the crazy morning...

It's flip day chez Shed, which means a lot of plant shuffling, especially since everything is living indoors at the moment. Let's start in the shed, where the flipping will occur. What's flippin' flipping? Sour G, the AK, and the Peyote Critical. This is the first time the AK has seen the strips, and you remember how much Sour G liked them last time. Well...here are the Flip3:

From the front: PC, AK, Sour G. It's very crowded in there. I need to buy another roll of that reflecting stuff to make the oval longer.

But talk about an even canopy! I had no idea that they were all the exact same height as they were never right next to each other:

Not a bad start. I raised the light a lot in hopes of keeping the stress level down on the new additions, so cross your fingers. Timer is set for 6pm-6am. Let the stretch begin!

So what of the Candidas, the AK clone, and the Bedroom Cookies clone? Well, they're in the house under two 23w CFLs with tin foil hats, like it's June 2017. I moved the Rectangular Cuboid of Dankness :theband: into the office, but I can't hang the Mars 300 high enough off the plants with the hangers. So at the moment it's old school for them.

You may notice they look like shit :rolleyes:. They did not take well to the transplant (inverse sand castle or no) or they did not take well to being closer to the lights. Either way, I figure I have a while to turn them around, so maybe some low lighting will help them the way it helped Sour G.

Speaking of lighting, I have a new MarsHydro SP-200 coming at some point (they're surely more reliable than Growant ;)) and it says it's perfect for a 2x4 tent. So I ordered one. It should be here Tuesday :eek:. It's 2x4x6 TopoGrow D-Door (no window) and when it comes I'll hang the Mars300 until the new light arrives. The rain should be gone by Wednesday so it will be back to nighttime supplemental in it rather than them having to live in it 24 hours a day.

Oh, I also emptied and cleaned the cloninator and put it up to dry. I filled it with H2O2 and fresh water and let it run with the top off. I discovered that one of the sprayers wasn't spraying at all and one had broken the top off and was just shooting a jet of water at the lid. Check your sprayers aero-cloners!

That was my morning and I was only 5 minutes late to work, so not too shabby. The weekend is coming but with the rains I'll mostly be staring at the Candidas wondering how to make them happy.

I've got a lot of catching to do. See y'all around!

Be ready to feed that SourG as much as it wants. I think it was a nutrient uptake issue as much as a light issue. Mine do fine under that much QB lighting. They get a little crispy in this dry season but they're not overlit at 2 feet.

:thumb:

Be ready to feed that SourG as much as it wants. I think it was a nutrient uptake issue as much as a light issue. Mine do fine under that much QB lighting. They get a little crispy in this dry season but they're not overlit at 2 feet. :thumb:
Thanks Graytail. I've got the MegaCrop sample pack but I'm thinking of sticking with Tiger Bloom with this batch since I have that left, and use the MC for veg (and flower when I run out of TB). The PC didn't seem to need more nutes which made me wonder why Sour G would, but I can bump the PPMs up easy peasy and watch for the tips to go brown. Same issue on the Candidas you think?
Flippin' awesome!
:high-five:

Flippin' awesome!

Flippin' awesome!

I love flip-time!
WoooooHoooo!
:thumb:
You're flippin' hysterical P! And congrats on the January POTM win :thumb:.

Thanks Graytail. I've got the MegaCrop sample pack but I'm thinking of sticking with Tiger Bloom with this batch since I have that left, and use the MC for veg (and flower when I run out of TB). The PC didn't seem to need more nutes which made me wonder why Sour G would, but I can bump the PPMs up easy peasy and watch for the tips to go brown. Same issue on the Candidas you think?

You're flippin' hysterical P! And congrats on the January POTM win :thumb:.
I learned to "multi-quote" from the best!

Thanks for your kind words brother!
:thanks:

Thanks Derby! They're all going to need water this weekend so I'll transition them using the last of the Grow Big mixed with Tiger Bloom and get the nute PPMs in the 800-900 range. I think I've been around 700 lately. I don't think I have to worry about them missing the nitrogen without the Grow Big because they're getting a boost from the cal-mag+ but I'll do the calculations over the weekend and see where they are. I want to make sure they get enough N in stretch.

Friday update!

I need to start by saying an enormous THANK YOU to all of you who voted, regardless of whom you cast your ballot for. Participation in the contests is a great way to say thanks to the members here who grow, show, and help the rest of us become better growers (and dare I say people)! If you missed this month's contests, enter and vote in February's and beyond. Show off your plants, your nugs, your photographs, and nominate the members who you feel are really helping out around the site for MOTM. And on the 15th of every month, go vote!

Second, thank you to all the folks who sub here and put up with my ramblings on life and growing, and offer amazing guidance and support. You're terrific and I appreciate you taking the time to visit.

On to the crazy morning...

It's flip day chez Shed, which means a lot of plant shuffling, especially since everything is living indoors at the moment. Let's start in the shed, where the flipping will occur. What's flippin' flipping? Sour G, the AK, and the Peyote Critical. This is the first time the AK has seen the strips, and you remember how much Sour G liked them last time. Well...here are the Flip3:

From the front: PC, AK, Sour G. It's very crowded in there. I need to buy another roll of that reflecting stuff to make the oval longer.

But talk about an even canopy! I had no idea that they were all the exact same height as they were never right next to each other:

Not a bad start. I raised the light a lot in hopes of keeping the stress level down on the new additions, so cross your fingers. Timer is set for 6pm-6am. Let the stretch begin!

So what of the Candidas, the AK clone, and the Bedroom Cookies clone? Well, they're in the house under two 23w CFLs with tin foil hats, like it's June 2017. I moved the Rectangular Cuboid of Dankness :theband: into the office, but I can't hang the Mars 300 high enough off the plants with the hangers. So at the moment it's old school for them.

You may notice they look like shit :rolleyes:. They did not take well to the transplant (inverse sand castle or no) or they did not take well to being closer to the lights. Either way, I figure I have a while to turn them around, so maybe some low lighting will help them the way it helped Sour G.

Speaking of lighting, I have a new MarsHydro SP-200 coming at some point (they're surely more reliable than Growant ;)) and it says it's perfect for a 2x4 tent. So I ordered one. It should be here Tuesday :eek:. It's 2x4x6 TopoGrow D-Door (no window) and when it comes I'll hang the Mars300 until the new light arrives. The rain should be gone by Wednesday so it will be back to nighttime supplemental in it rather than them having to live in it 24 hours a day.

Oh, I also emptied and cleaned the cloninator and put it up to dry. I filled it with H2O2 and fresh water and let it run with the top off. I discovered that one of the sprayers wasn't spraying at all and one had broken the top off and was just shooting a jet of water at the lid. Check your sprayers aero-cloners!

That was my morning and I was only 5 minutes late to work, so not too shabby. The weekend is coming but with the rains I'll mostly be staring at the Candidas wondering how to make them happy.

I've got a lot of catching to do. See y'all around!

Wow those are some nice bushes, awe i want them for my front porch lol.
Congrats on the win shed..

Friday update!

...couldn't have said it any better!:thanks:...I've been around for a bit, and over the years, the staff have taken measures to provide Fair and Fun contests, so it's a mystery why there isn't more participation...same as you, I encourage everyone to get out and participate...:cheer:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

...Oh!...Ya' prolly heard this a couple times today...;):rofl:...Congrats on your MOTY accomplishment...:bravo:...:thumb::high-five:...

Wow those are some nice bushes, awe i want them for my front porch lol.
Congrats on the win shed..
Thank you MGR! Some day we will be able to grow these on our porches...soon I hope :)
...couldn't have said it any better!:thanks:...I've been around for a bit, and over the years, the staff have taken measures to provide Fair and Fun contests, so it's a mystery why there isn't more participation...same as you, I encourage everyone to get out and participate...:cheer:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:...

...Oh!...Ya' prolly heard this a couple times today...;):rofl:...Congrats on your MOTY accomplishment...:bravo:...:thumb::high-five:...
Thanks h00k! You have been here a while and I'm sure you have seen a lot of transitions, but the fact that you have stuck around is either a testament to how well the site is run or how resistant to change you are :).

Thank you MGR! Some day we will be able to grow these on our porches...soon I hope :)

Thanks h00k! You have been here a while and I'm sure you have seen a lot of transitions, but the fact that you have stuck around is either a testament to how well the site is run or how resistant to change you are :).

Yup thatll be soon i hope but im sure the repercussions of law will make it difficult

Back
Top Bottom