InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Howdy again intheshed, just a quick question........ what is larfing?
Great question...larfing isn't actually anything! Larf are the lower fluffy flowers that never bulk up and turn into solid buds, so de-larfing is a made up term for when I take off anything that would be larf at harvest. I'm trying to direct all the growth hormones to the buds that will matter in the end and not waste energy growing the fluff.

What time zone are you in oops?

I dont know anything technical about translocation and light etc., but Graytail has measured big increases in light penetration to the lower parts of his plants (with his QB setup) and has had very much denser bud production down low corresponding to that. So there seems to be some connection between more light and better lower buds - maybe it’s just because of more light in general?

yet another quick reply..
You get used to that! Hi oops :ciao:

Graytail has measured big increases in light penetration to the lower parts of hos plants (with his QB setup) and has had very much denser bud production corresponding to that. So there seems to be some connection between more light and better lower buds - maybe it’s just because of more light in general?
That's really funny, because last time I asked that question of Bo (because he has posted about translocation in the past), it was Graytail who answered!

I really want @bobrown14's take on this question because of his previous posts on translocation, so... :popcorn:

Let me take it from the top in my original post from September 2018:
There's a thing plants do called translocation. It's how nutrients are moved from one part of the plant to the other and why it's not necessary for all flowers to get direct sun or even all leaves. Ever wonder how some of the low down buds are just and strong as the tops? That's translocation at work.
How does translocation relate to penetration from our lights? Is light penetration as important as we make it out to be if translocation is moving nutrients around regardless of line-of-sight access to the light source?

Highya Guys,

I don't gtow inside under lights, so I can't answer that. However, I can say that Phosphorus and Iron do not translocate. But the rest, I'd imagine it would be like regular growing. More light (barring stress) would translate to more bud. If the nutes aren't available in the soil, they'd take some from storage in the fans. Cheers

Highya Guys,

I don't gtow inside under lights, so I can't answer that. However, I can say that Phosphorus and Iron do not translocate. But the rest, I'd imagine it would be like regular growing. More light (barring stress) would translate to more bud. If the nutes aren't available in the soil, they'd take some from storage in the fans. Cheers
Thanks Bode! Since I'm curious about what @bobrown said, so I'm looking specifically for his response. I tried back in 2018 but he never saw the question then :).

Back
Top Bottom