InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks G2 but I think you missed the part that this structure is to provide a space that is pitch black for 12 hours, so white towels and panda film would be counter productive! Also, the acetone will eventually cure out of the PVC glue, and I won't need to seal it up for a few weeks now, as I want to wait for the AK to put roots into the new soil before I flip it.

It will be a fun ride as it goes :).

Cool but now you got your self a outdoor tent if you do like I said and you cut the top and off and put panda film inside ?
Not sure what an outdoor tent is or why you'd need one! Seems like all it would do it limit the amount of sun your plant would get with an open top and closed sides. This is a single-purpose contraption....darkness in the bike shed!

Sunny Sunday and let's talk about how to build my Frame of Darkness® with the stupid parts Home Depot carries.

I have 1" PVC from a previous job, so I go to HD to get the 90s and the corner connectors. Guess what! They don't carry the corners for 1" PVC >:-|

It was time to improvise! ½" connectors on the inside instead. First I took a hack saw and cut expansion slots down the the ends but that was a PITA. So I got my jig saw from the shed and used that...much faster!

Doesn't fit:

Fits!

Then I used PVC glue (man that acetone smell!) and assembled the frame:

Does it fit? Just.

I set about covering it with a tarp. I didn't go with the 10mil because I knew I was going to double it on the side and top that will get some light, and it is going to be in the bike shed. I only need to be concerned with early morning daylight.

Orange and blue, let's go ('69) Mets!

In the bike shed with the flap down:

And the final test...does the AK fit?

Yes. Yes it does.

I'm leaving it outside because the joints are still outgassing acetone! Have a great rest of the weekend :).
nice construction shed ! looks like it's gonna be a great flipping story. didn't had type to see any change in my flipping (outside and inside transportation) so I'm exited to see yours

sorry. my bad
No worries G2. Just didn't want you to wonder why I was ignoring your excellent advice!
nice construction shed ! looks like it's gonna be a great flipping story. didn't had type to see any change in my flipping (outside and inside transportation) so I'm exited to see yours
You didn't have much time after you started moving your plant before the accident and the urine. Hopefully my flip with be a bit smoother :).

The panda film you could reverse, but again, that is an added expense when I think you're right on track. I love that fact that you just keep going, it inspires me. How's Dad?
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming!

Thanks for asking G2! Dad's leg is swollen (unrelated to the cannabis!) so I'm waiting for the results of the ultrasound they did Friday night. Who knows with him! I'm going to give him another week of 2x a day capsules before deciding on going to 3x. Haven't heard any details on showers though ;).

They have to open the capsules up and put them in a teaspoon most times because even a 00 can be too big.

The fact that they are willing to do that for your Dad is amazing, most places will refuse.

Is it his left leg?

Those showers are cold, they should just let him go in with a tshirt on at least. Take it off at the end. I must admit, the hospitals up here have a special heating unit to warm the blankets for patients up here. So when I go in, I get a heated blanket and it's so soothing.

The fact that they are willing to do that for your Dad is amazing, most places will refuse.
Is it his left leg?
Those showers are cold, they should just let him go in with a tshirt on at least. Take it off at the end. I must admit, the hospitals up here have a special heating unit to warm the blankets for patients up here. So when I go in, I get a heated blanket and it's so soothing.
Right leg, why? The place has had some good experiences with CBD oil so they are willing to give it to him per the medical marijuana doctor's orders, which I had to tell him so he'd understand what to write for my dad. Now they need an official signed order to be able to open the capsules so that's today's challenge! That and the swelling of course ;).
They try to warm up the bathroom as best they can. They love him there and want him to be happy. Shower time is really the biggest problem they have.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming!

Thanks for asking G2! Dad's leg is swollen (unrelated to the cannabis!) so I'm waiting for the results of the ultrasound they did Friday night. Who knows with him! I'm going to give him another week of 2x a day capsules before deciding on going to 3x. Haven't heard any details on showers though ;).

They have to open the capsules up and put them in a teaspoon most times because even a 00 can be too big.

Dad is the recipient of Cannabis so he most certainly is related, plus I think it is safe to say that your whole family dynamic is an integral part of your thread. Everyone is serving at least one purpose on here. The guy doing the heavy lifting and caring for these plant is doing a great job! I am starting to be able to see what you meant when you were asking what shape I was going for. Your rectangle is at least going on Cheese1&2. I like how AK is "shaping" up. Awesome job on the dark tent! I think you should get the role if they ever bring back MacGyver.

Dad is the recipient of Cannabis so he most certainly is related, plus I think it is safe to say that your whole family dynamic is an integral part of your thread. Everyone is serving at least one purpose on here. The guy doing the heavy lifting and caring for these plant is doing a great job! I am starting to be able to see what you meant when you were asking what shape I was going for. Your rectangle is at least going on Cheese1&2. I like how AK is "shaping" up. Awesome job on the dark tent! I think you should get the role if they ever bring back MacGyver.
Thanks Ripe! Working with what I have and can get from Home Depot and their strange idea of what should be stocked.

Getting the right shape is very important to yield in the end, whether in a tent or outside. Decide how you want it to look when it's completed, and then back into the correct shape for that style of growing.

Thanks G2 but I think you missed the part that this structure is to provide a space that is pitch black for 12 hours, so white towels and panda film would be counter productive! Also, the acetone will eventually cure out of the PVC glue, and I won't need to seal it up for a few weeks now, as I want to wait for the AK to put roots into the new soil before I flip it.

It will be a fun ride as it goes :).

Not sure what an outdoor tent is or why you'd need one! Seems like all it would do it limit the amount of sun your plant would get with an open top and closed sides. This is a single-purpose contraption....darkness in the bike shed!
Nope it can help keep pest away from plant also prevent rain /moisture /mold issues on buds thus less maintenance shaking them off after a rainfall there are a lot of perks buddy

It's Tuesday here in LA (probably is where most of you are as well) and the temps have returned to normal now that MadDab, Illz, GT, and AB are keeping their weather in Alaska where it belongs.
:goodjob:

AK-47 was really thirsty this morning, so I gave it another gallon of "same again please." I didn't let the water run out of the saucer this time and it got sucked back up within two minutes. I can tell that it needs time to recover from everything I've been doing to it lately...the major defol, the supercrop, the pruning, and the transplant. Still, the growth that has been exposed from the supercrop is doing well, and it's got another 2 weeks to do its thing before I flip. I may wait longer if it looks like it would benefit from time.

Here it is this morning after watering:

I highly recommend supercropping your sativas! And I've been doing tip-spreading on the top growth.

The clone family:

The other two need to be up-potted soon!

Here is Gold Leaf, also getting some tip spreading:

And here is Sour G on day 52. Shouldn't I be seeing signs of sex by now?

I adjust the ties every day, and in a few days I'll spread out the new tops so they have some room to themselves.

I hope spring is in the air wherever you are!

Back
Top Bottom