InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I originally was leaving the lower branches to allow them to grow up along the outside and fill in over the summer. That was based on the fact that they would be getting full summer sunlight. Now that they will be growing in the winter sun and under the fixed-point-of-light LED, those branches won't be catching up to anything, so I'll let the plant focus on the growth near the top and middle, and thin it so the sun will be able to penetrate in spite of it being lower in the sky. Does that help explain it?
Yes! thanks man that explain everything:Namaste:

Site seems to be slow this morning. Must be running some updates in the background.

Thanks to all who chimed in last night regarding my evening transplant! :thanks: When I think about the roots already filling the bucket it was in and Rooster's issue with his rootbound plant, Derby is right that this would not have been happy waiting until November unless it was in the ground! Since I have room for a pretty good sized plant I think I'll be okay with another 2-3 weeks of growth. Plus I'll be topping and pruning again this weekend now that I've made the decision to flip it.

I've rearranged the plants and raised the MarsHydro 300 so I can put the AK directly under it. The clones are hiding at the edges and I adjusted the ties on Sour G. It's raining in LA so no outside pics, but as soon as the sun comes out this weekend I'll have some close-ups.

And like the wind, they rise and fall
I saw Led Zeppelin on the Physical Graffiti tour in 1975 at Madison Square Garden, 12th row tickets I won from a radio call-in contest. Amazing show! Can't remember who I took with me :).

Put on your karmee-klook to stay warm and dry (old Sesame Street reference I can't link to here...search Sesame Street: Ookyook Song).
yeah had issues all day on my cell chrome site wouldn't load me in . reported issue make sure you are making them aware so they can better this problem for us

Raining here in LA still, so no plant updates, but I wanted to post here that the space I have in the bike shed is 20" wide, 30" deep, and 44" tall. I'm going to home depot today to get PVC corners for the 1" pipe I have lying around as well as a tarp that I will cut and layer until it's opaque. Then I'll cover the top and sides with a flap for the front. Of course there will be pics of that!

Stay dry all! And clean up the mess Ripe!

My Ole Man already beat you to it this time Shed! "What in the hell are you doing over there boy!!" "Just learning how to grow some Reef Dad!" "What in the hell is so funny about growing dope?" "Nothing Dad." "Well clean that shit up!"

Evening all who troll these threads in the evening! I got home from work and decided to transplant the AK before I even changed clothes!

I realized I had a fabric pot filled with soil that was waiting for the Jack Herer that didn't sprout, so I went with that. I think there was mykos in it but I added more anyway.

Hard to see the roots with the flash on but if you blow this up you can tell it was ready. Also pretty dry which made it easier to work with:

I mixed up a gallon of nutes with:
6ml cal/mag+ (that's double)
½tsp Armor Si (that's double as well)
2tsp Grow Big
4tbs Big Bloom
and gave it the whole thing! Then I moved it back in the shed for the night. Lights went on at 9pm, but tomorrow morning I'll shift it so dark is 8:30pm-12:30am.

Shhhh...everyone is asleep!

See y'all in the morning, except for Derby who'll be truckin' down the road!

[edit to earlier post: I realized when I looked at my time calculation above that flipping this would actually be faster than an auto. A 90 day auto + day 60 = day 150, 6 days later than day 144!]
I almost didn't catch how you have the sides folded over on the fabric pots. I am instantly reminded of past Ripe's less than intelligent transplanting ways. It will be much cleaner from here on out thanks AGAIN to ole' Sheddy Boi!

I just was checking out Joe's leaf issues and thought maybe it was wind damage. So I went to find pics of wind damage and came across this from GrowWeedEasy:

"Sometimes too high levels of wind can cause other unusual problems on the affected leaves, such as brown or bronze spots that almost look like burn marks. These are the result of the leaf not being able to fulfill all its normal processes."

Their example:

wind-leaf-damage-spots.jpg

My leaf:
full

Anyone have any thoughts? The plant is ~8-10" from the oscillating fan.

one spot and ye go panic mode lol ... i think it looks like old damage from when the leaf was young... stay calm i dont see any real issues

one spot and ye go panic mode lol ... i think it looks like old damage from when the leaf was young... stay calm i dont see any real issues
Please come to my journal I beg of you

The sun has made an appearance so the plants are out and getting some serious work done!

The big job was the AK as I prepare to flip it in a few weeks. It needed some serious training. More tops and a rectangular shape. So I took off two lower branches, spread out some others, and supercropped everything on top to level the canopy and fill in all the gaps. Here is the result!

I had to tape up the ones that split but nothing really bad. Loving that orange and green look ;).

Next was more training on Sour G, as it's outgrowing the ties I just put on a couple of days ago. It's loving the Mars 300.

One of the AK clones was drying out really fast, so that means it's transplant time!

Nice roots! I took off the screen this time as it wasn't very tangled.

And so they don't feel left out, here are the other clones:

Clones all got 75% strength nutes, and I did tip spreading on all the Gold Leaf tops to slow it down a bit while the sides catch up. [thanks to Joe where I first learned the technique!]

I hope your day turned out better than it started, however it started!

Check it outtttt!!!
Dude not only does the super crop look great the first pic is very eye catching.

Transplant victim looks really healthy the root development looks great.

Hope you day is going well my friend

The sun has made an appearance so the plants are out and getting some serious work done!

The big job was the AK as I prepare to flip it in a few weeks. It needed some serious training. More tops and a rectangular shape. So I took off two lower branches, spread out some others, and supercropped everything on top to level the canopy and fill in all the gaps. Here is the result!

I had to tape up the ones that split but nothing really bad. Loving that orange and green look ;).

Next was more training on Sour G, as it's outgrowing the ties I just put on a couple of days ago. It's loving the Mars 300.

One of the AK clones was drying out really fast, so that means it's transplant time!

Nice roots! I took off the screen this time as it wasn't very tangled.

And so they don't feel left out, here are the other clones:

Clones all got 75% strength nutes, and I did tip spreading on all the Gold Leaf tops to slow it down a bit while the sides catch up. [thanks to Joe where I first learned the technique!]

I hope your day turned out better than it started, however it started!
Nice supercropping and the little girls are coming up nice :rollit:

Sunny Sunday and let's talk about how to build my Frame of Darkness® with the stupid parts Home Depot carries.

I have 1" PVC from a previous job, so I go to HD to get the 90s and the corner connectors. Guess what! They don't carry the corners for 1" PVC >:-|

It was time to improvise! ½" connectors on the inside instead. First I took a hack saw and cut expansion slots down the the ends but that was a PITA. So I got my jig saw from the shed and used that...much faster!

Doesn't fit:

Fits!

Then I used PVC glue (man that acetone smell!) and assembled the frame:

Does it fit? Just.

I set about covering it with a tarp. I didn't go with the 10mil because I knew I was going to double it on the side and top that will get some light, and it is going to be in the bike shed. I only need to be concerned with early morning daylight.

Orange and blue, let's go ('69) Mets!

In the bike shed with the flap down:

And the final test...does the AK fit?

Yes. Yes it does.

I'm leaving it outside because the joints are still outgassing acetone! Have a great rest of the weekend :).

Back
Top Bottom