InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

How long after I transplant can I flip? I think it should be in a bigger container first.
Doc does right away, trim's the girls, transplants to bigger container then off to the races.
Thanks Dynamo! Weird though because that's not intuitive. Why bother transplanting if you're not going to give the roots a chance to grow before the plant starts having to push out pistils? Is that just a hibrix thing y'think?

Someone here transplanted and flipped and when they pulled the rootball at the end, the roots had not grown much into the new soil. That's why I was asking.

That's not intuitive I must say. Why bother transplanting if you're not going to give the roots a chance to grow before the plant starts having to push out pistils? Is that just a hibrix thing y'think?

Someone here transplanted and flipped and when they pulled the rootball at the end, the roots had not grown much into the new soil. That's why I was asking.
I would give it 2-3 weeks then flip. Like you're saying it has to get established and needs some root mass before I would flip

How long after I transplant can I flip? I think it should be in a bigger container first.
I would give it 2-3 weeks then flip. Like you're saying it has to get established and needs some root mass before I would flip
And if I remember to add mykos this time I should get even more roots!

Let's see...21 days + day 60 = day 81 + 63 days flower (per website) = 144 days = May 24th. Not as fast as an auto but not too shabby! *

Thanks Derby! Enjoy the trip :surf:

[*edit: math fail...faster than a 90 day auto actually!]

Evening all who troll these threads in the evening! I got home from work and decided to transplant the AK before I even changed clothes!

I realized I had a fabric pot filled with soil that was waiting for the Jack Herer that didn't sprout, so I went with that. I think there was mykos in it but I added more anyway.

Hard to see the roots with the flash on but if you blow this up you can tell it was ready. Also pretty dry which made it easier to work with:

I mixed up a gallon of nutes with:
6ml cal/mag+ (that's double)
½tsp Armor Si (that's double as well)
2tsp Grow Big
4tbs Big Bloom
and gave it the whole thing! Then I moved it back in the shed for the night. Lights went on at 9pm, but tomorrow morning I'll shift it so dark is 8:30pm-12:30am.

Shhhh...everyone is asleep!

See y'all in the morning, except for Derby who'll be truckin' down the road!

[edit to earlier post: I realized when I looked at my time calculation above that flipping this would actually be faster than an auto. A 90 day auto + day 60 = day 150, 6 days later than day 144!]

Good call on the up pot there shedster!!! Time for a name change.... in The shed and bike shed. Lmfao. Im.gonna pass out nite duder

:ganjamon:

Good choice on giving her a new home, she's gonna love you for that! Many people have different opinions when you should flip after transplant, but from following both bobrown and doc they both flip at transplant and are growing some amazing monsters. I've heard that during the first 2 weeks of flower the plants are producing large amounts of roots to facilitate flowering.

In my current grow I transplanted and let them go for 2 weeks before flip, wasn't the best choice for me as the girls got really big and now are a little much to handle in my little grow space. If you have the room and the time why not experiment a bit.

Us old folks know! Working backward...
I see the torch we all must hold
This is the wonder of devotion.
Love that song. One of the first Zep tunes I learned to play so many decades ago when I was just 16. Saw them at the Forum in '77. So frying. Still have an original bootleg album of Live on Blueberry Hill.

And a big yes on the up-pot. Water around the outsides, give it a couple of weeks to stretch its roots out and flip. That's going to be a BIG plant.

Yea looks like wind burn fellas.. your leaves look kinda crispy though joe. Not really sure what that means.. maybe weakend by too much nitrogen.
Yeah buddy I think I had to much nitro in medium as well I think I had wind burn and p def and nitro lock out on headband this run. Fun times

Site seems to be slow this morning. Must be running some updates in the background.

Thanks to all who chimed in last night regarding my evening transplant! :thanks: When I think about the roots already filling the bucket it was in and Rooster's issue with his rootbound plant, Derby is right that this would not have been happy waiting until November unless it was in the ground! Since I have room for a pretty good sized plant I think I'll be okay with another 2-3 weeks of growth. Plus I'll be topping and pruning again this weekend now that I've made the decision to flip it.

I've rearranged the plants and raised the MarsHydro 300 so I can put the AK directly under it. The clones are hiding at the edges and I adjusted the ties on Sour G. It's raining in LA so no outside pics, but as soon as the sun comes out this weekend I'll have some close-ups.

And like the wind, they rise and fall
I saw Led Zeppelin on the Physical Graffiti tour in 1975 at Madison Square Garden, 12th row tickets I won from a radio call-in contest. Amazing show! Can't remember who I took with me :).

Put on your karmee-klook to stay warm and dry (old Sesame Street reference I can't link to here...search Sesame Street: Ookyook Song).

Site seems to be slow this morning. Must be running some updates in the background.

Thanks to all who chimed in last night regarding my evening transplant! :thanks: When I think about the roots already filling the bucket it was in and Rooster's issue with his rootbound plant, Derby is right that this would not have been happy waiting until November unless it was in the ground! Since I have room for a pretty good sized plant I think I'll be okay with another 2-3 weeks of growth. Plus I'll be topping and pruning again this weekend now that I've made the decision to flip it.

I've rearranged the plants and raised the MarsHydro 300 so I can put the AK directly under it. The clones are hiding at the edges and I adjusted the ties on Sour G. It's raining in LA so no outside pics, but as soon as the sun comes out this weekend I'll have some close-ups.

And like the wind, they rise and fall
I saw Led Zeppelin on the Physical Graffiti tour in 1975 at Madison Square Garden, 12th row tickets I won from a radio call-in contest. Amazing show! Can't remember who I took with me :).

Put on your karmee-klook to stay warm and dry (old Sesame Street reference I can't link to here...search Sesame Street: Ookyook Song).
that's gonna be a BIG plant to move around :eek: but glad to see that your gonna flip her. The rest of the girls are looking good:circle-of-love:

Things have sped up for me load time wise. Happy Friday to you and yours there Mr shedster. I bet that zeppelin show was the shit.

Glad to hear you're committed to the flip! Time to refill the sativa prescription

:ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:

I did REALLY cool! Thanks for sharing :D
When my daughter was young she would walk around the house singing a butchered version of that song (and so do we...still). I finally looked it up and got the correct lyrics, phonetically anyway :).

Glad to hear you're committed to the flip! Time to refill the sativa prescription
It'll be time for sure come three weeks. Now the decision will be what shape do I want. Scrog-like the way Derby has it? Bushy like Joe? I have to be able to move it into the bike shed so that's a consideration. At this point I'm thinking of taking off the lower branches coming up the sides and then supercropping the tallest ones toward the outside just before I flip.

It'll be time for sure come three weeks. Now the decision will be what shape do I want. Scrog-like the way Derby has it? Bushy like Joe? I have to be able to move it into the bike shed so that's a consideration. At this point I'm thinking of taking off the lower branches coming up the sides and then supercropping the tallest ones toward the outside just before I flip.

Just a question for my own knowledge... Why not leave the lower branches and just supercrop the taller ones? I'm just thinking that maybe the lower branches will have time to catch up to the top ones in the time that the supercropping heals?

Just a question for my own knowledge... Why not leave the lower branches and just supercrop the taller ones? I'm just thinking that maybe the lower branches will have time to catch up to the top ones in the time that the supercropping heals?
I originally was leaving the lower branches to allow them to grow up along the outside and fill in over the summer. That was based on the fact that they would be getting full summer sunlight. Now that they will be growing in the winter sun and under the fixed-point-of-light LED, those branches won't be catching up to anything, so I'll let the plant focus on the growth near the top and middle, and thin it so the sun will be able to penetrate in spite of it being lower in the sky. Does that help explain it?

Back
Top Bottom