InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Hi Shed, just popping in to see how things are with the younguns. I do love the banter! greetings to one and all
Glad you could stop by Carmen! I hope all is well with you. :)
Hi Shed , hope things are good with you . I was wondering what you think about the Kellogg's soil mix you got and added perlite to ?. for the plants that are working .
It's too early to come to a conclusion about the Kellogg's soil, since it's taking me some time to get used to it, and I also have to sort out the perlite/soil ratio thing. When I transplant these I'm going to go with a mix that is 25% perlite and 75% soil in the 7 gallon bags, and I think I'll weight them dry. I'm so used to ProMix HP (which weighs nothing dry) that I'm sure I don't have the watering cycle correct yet on the soil.

t's too early to come to a conclusion about the Kellogg's soil, since it's taking me some time to get used to it
Shed, I have the utmost respect for your growing skills and acumen...so get used to it already. :laughtwo:

StackPath It says that with the right /wrong amount could Retain water .. I have a reason for asking but can't tell you LOL You know what i mean . The stuff looks pretty airy to me to begin with , are you wanting more or less water retention ?
Thanks for the link sb! It reminded me that I didn't rinse the perlite this time, so I wonder if that's making a difference. :hmmmm: So many fricking variables!

I'm adding the perlite to decrease water retention and speed draining. It seems that 50/50 is too much so maybe 25/75 will be the ticket...after rinsing. :)

I think I'll weight them dry
Great idea. I also weigh them after the first watering. That gives me an idea of how much weight in water they’re holding. Then when I think they need watering, I weigh them again and see how much weight in water they’ve lost.

surfing thru, G'Day
Just a bit early dynamo, for the Monday update starts...NOW!

Gray and drizzling this morning, so everything will be inside today and maybe tomorrow, and I'll be out of town Friday through Monday so they'll be inside then as well - not a lot of PPFD happening this week.

Anyhow, let's start with a bit of color coming through on the pale Summer grow:

Good thing I'm not flipping these outside or they'd be tiny going into flower!

After the pics they went back inside under the 23w CFL. Speaking of inside, let's take a look at the Candidas in the tent:

Pistils have arrived on these, so here is the Candida from seed:

The Candida clone:

And the STS sprayed Candida, which looks very much like the others :eek: :

I'm wondering whether it really is okay to spray them in the morning vs just before lights out. Chris said it was fine but everything I read online says before lights out. If I messed this one up I will be highly annoyed. :grrrr:

Moving on, the Tin Can Kush showed pistils on Saturday, flip day 12:

Here is the Spring grow this morning in the tent, day 115 and flip day 14:

Tin Can Kush:

Red Dragon:

I took this pic yesterday afternoon (the clouds had already rolled in) to show the color difference between the two:

Getting better I'd say. Red Dragon has been moved back down to 4.5g equivalent and the TCK is getting mostly tap water with the occasional nutes to make it greener while we wait for the additional GF to catch up.

Last for the day is something growing on both of my olive trees:

I sprayed one with neem and one with 1:9 70% iso on Saturday, and on Sunday gave them both a spray down with the jet setting on the hose. Anyone know what that is?

That's it for my grow. Clones are all still alive and are showing roots except the Red Dragons (old and new). No idea what's up with that!

I hope your weekend went well and your week will be sunnier than mine. :cool:

On to the quotes...

Great idea. I also weigh them after the first watering. That gives me an idea of how much weight in water they’re holding. Then when I think they need watering, I weigh them again and see how much weight in water they’ve lost.
Yeah, until I get a feel for this new medium I will probably need to keep the scale handy!
(( It seems that 50/50 is too much so maybe 25/75 will be the ticket...after rinsing. :) )) And that is in Kellogg's Soil , right ? Rinse i also forgot that , But i did not do it before when i was growing and didn't see a difference. Anyway Thanks Shed
Rinsing might not make a difference, but I did read something about the fluoride content of perlite out of the bag and yellow tips. I'll make a point to remember next time.

Kellogg Patio Plus is the name on the bag of soil.

Happy Monday Update to you, Shed.

Some of the yellows are starting to mellow and all is well. :nomo:

Great update, Shed!
Good to see the summer girls are greening up a bit!
All they need now is some dependable sunshine...

I hope the STS Candida grows some balls pretty soon- you've
got to be getting tired of spraying that stuff...

Back
Top Bottom