InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I'll do quotes first, and pics in a bit:
Welcome to June gloom…. The CB is a sexy little thing.
Thanks Boo! Sexy and pale, but I guess some folks like that?

Sun came out by 9:30 this morning! :yahoo:
Amazing! I bet that harvest Is going to be a large one!
Thanks CT! I've been running about 8-12 ounces/plant.
I don't think there's any other kind when Shed's doing the growin'... (Nevermind the DDa's)
Aww thanks Carcass! Won't swear the JH doesn't end up in DDA territory though. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I can tell! He definitely looks like he knows what he’s doing!
:thanks:
Thank you for getting my folk song reference! :high-five:
Great. How‘s the little Jack doing since transplanting?
Pics in a bit, but about the same.
Wait..... what?
Why would I be checking the pH of anything?
Everything looking good Shed, except for the recalcitrant JH who obviously has no idea who is growing her.
What size pots are the big ones in?
Thanks GDB, and I'll introduce myself to the JH this weekend. :)

All my plants end up in 7 gallons these days. I've outlived my ability to carry just-watered 10 gallon pots!
As always your plants are absolutely stellar.
Question: do you think you may have accidentally mixed up your seeds and the Jack H is actually the Chiquita banana? The color suggests that could possibly be the case. Just a thought.
LOL thanks Nev! I think that flecked with brown and having a golden hue is for actual bananas. ;)
Where are you Boo? I need a word from you here.
We'll wait...:nomo:

Thursday update, the one where I talk about stuff that happens in the garden. :)

Not sure what is up with the Jack Herer, now on day 45 (and a week after replanting in the new soil/perlite mix). It's got bottom root growth:

but it doesn't look any happier than it did before I changed out the soil:

Here they all are, and you can see that the Chiquita Banana is growing nicely but for the color, while the Sour G looks fine:

So I figured if I can't beat 'em, join 'em. I top dressed both the JH and the CB with GF (that's Jack Herer, Chiquita Banana, and GeoFlora for those who lost their key) and misted them in with the hose. (I love the mist setting on the hose since it really allows me to wet the top without it soaking through to the bottom.)

If it's working for the Sour G, let's see if it will happy up the other two!

On the Spring grow, I see the hint of pistils on the Red Dragon (flip day 10), but I'm not sure they even show in these pics:

You'll just have to believe me!

I gave the Tin Can Kush 2 gallons of plain water (after the top-dress and nutes last weekend), and also gave the Red Dragon 2 gallons of plain water because I'm thinking it's getting a bit too green at this point. I'll let it eat through what's already in there before I feed it again.

That's all for me today. A bit warmer and a bit sunnier...all good!

:ciao:

Oh, one last thing: my son got his final grades for the second semester of his freshman year at college (from home), and after doing pretty poorly in the fall ended up with three A's, a B, and a C. :yahoo:

I'm giving him $50 for each A, $25 for the B, and $10 for the C...and I'll do that for all his years in college. Seems fair, no? Well, not to his sister of course, who never got paid a dime for her 3.9 GPA over four years. :)

Oh, one last thing: my son got his final grades for the second semester of his freshman year at college (from home), and after doing pretty poorly in the fall ended up with three A's, a B, and a C. :yahoo:

I'm giving him $50 for each A, $25 for the B, and $10 for the C...and I'll do that for all his years in college. Seems fair, no? Well, not to his sister of course, who never got paid a dime for her 3.9 GPA over four years. :)
You've got some intelligent kids. Your wife must be smart!

ended up with three A's, a B, and a C. :yahoo:
That is great news! Please pass my congrats on to your son! :thumb:

Well, not to his sister of course, who never got paid a dime for her 3.9 GPA over four years. :)
Lol, I’m sure you’ll make it up to her with an extra special graduation gift. ;)

But I think my son might be enjoying those A's having never gotten one for any class ever. We'll see!
Sometimes all it takes is a tiny ray of light. I'll bet he has seen it! :Rasta:

You are absolutely correct. It was a poorly communicated attempt a some crude humor.
my apologies.
No. No. No. It was funny as hell to me, Nev!

But still ridiculous in also a funny way. :love: :love:

and after doing pretty poorly in the fall ended up with three A's, a B, and a C.
All that time and money and he learned his ABC's. I remember walking in the snow to school, with the sleet pounding my face when I was three years old. I would say the ABC's to keep warm. Tough times but I lurned early.

You are absolutely correct. It was a poorly communicated attempt a some crude humor.
my apologies.
No apologies needed Nev! Boo says that in a funny way, not in a critical way. It's all just great banter. :high-five:
All that time and money and he learned his ABC's. I remember walking in the snow to school, with the sleet pounding my face when I was three years old. I would say the ABC's to keep warm. Tough times but I lurned early.
Took him until now to learn his ABC's. Previously he had only learned his CDF's!
It was at the beginning, yes. But I lurned to walk backwards going home.
I always knew you were one smart cookie chip! Glad you had your feet covered back then at least.

I love to see improvement! I'm glad to see he's figured out how to shake some dough out of you. We have two kids and one had to work hard for grades, the other made it look easy. There Should be a payoff for hard work! Congrats!

Not sure what is up with the Jack Herer, now on day 45
I say just put it in a 20 gallon pot filled with FFOF and leave it outside all day and night. That ought to straighten it out right quick! ;)
and also gave the Red Dragon 2 gallons of plain water because I'm thinking it's getting a bit too green at this point.
I'm not sure I understand the "too green" comment. I've read it other places too. Isn't more green better as long as the tips don't burn?

Sounds like a plan with the Top dressing i am with you on the lets get going and straighten this prob. out , Just less to concern yourself with . Happy for your son with his new born wisdom, makes a Dad proud ! Mine has been playing with a band (guitar ) Two nights a week only problem is he has to get me to take and pick him up > 7.30 till 1.00 and by then i suck ! Well he is doing something anyway don't practice near enough ,, my deal is going to be 2 Hours a day and i will keep running you around . LOL :smokin: All the other plants look god shed .

I love to see improvement! I'm glad to see he's figured out how to shake some dough out of you. We have two kids and one had to work hard for grades, the other made it look easy. There Should be a payoff for hard work! Congrats!
Thanks Otter, he's always figuring out how to shake out the ATM! Cash is king to him.

And my daughter definitely works hard, but the grades are their own reward for her.
I say just put it in a 20 gallon pot filled with FFOF and leave it outside all day and night. That ought to straighten it out right quick!
LOL! Works for you. :)
I'm not sure I understand the "too green" comment. I've read it other places too. Isn't more green better as long as the tips don't burn?
Some plants will get dark green before showing other signs of N or Mg toxicity, so it's something to look out for. I don't think of N/Mg tox when I see of burned tips.
Sounds like a plan with the Top dressing i am with you on the lets get going and straighten this prob. out , Just less to concern yourself with . Happy for your son with his new born wisdom, makes a Dad proud ! Mine has been playing with a band (guitar ) Two nights a week only problem is he has to get me to take and pick him up > 7.30 till 1.00 and by then i suck ! Well he is doing something anyway don't practice near enough ,, my deal is going to be 2 Hours a day and i will keep running you around . LOL All the other plants look god shed .
Thanks sb! I'm hoping they like the GeoFlora better than the nutes in the soil mixes. Whatever it takes to get some side root growth would be good.

And I think practice in exchange for schlepping him around is a good deal! But 1am would be off the table for pickup time. :eek:

I'm going to lean on my son to get his driver's license now that he's vaxxed and finally heading off to college in August. No more excuses!

Back
Top Bottom