Is this canopy too thick? Outdoors

I won't pretend I know anything about outdoor, but if it were mine, I'd defoliate a lot of that so light gets all inside. If it works indoor it's gotta outdoor too right? No idea how strong the Suns light penetration is haha.

I often read that defoliation is not good outdoor because in case of any bad weather (too hot or too wet) any leaf can be crucial. However I ve seen different pictures of defoliation that works well outdoor as well! If the weather is good and doesn't change drastically one day to the next one, I would defoliate the center the more I could and also trim the down part a lot as the most important here is to have good airflow in the bottom. Besides the plant looks wonderful and very healthy!

Yep after seing the video again I think lollipopping would be what I would do in that case. This will also allow you do remove a few fans in the center cause you ll be able to access the center more thanks to lollipopping (don't remove to much as outdoor buds develop well even in the bottom part)

Nice :thumb: not too dense... Naturally opens up as it flowers out... Take all the lower small shit off bottom... I personally don't defol, no need, sun moves.....

Nice :thumb: not too dense... Naturally opens up as it flowers out... Take all the lower small shit off bottom... I personally don't defol, no need, sun moves.....

My experience rely only on pictures so you know better

I must say that is a really nice plant, wish i could grow outdoors.

From what iv seen and been told is not to defoliate outside, never seen many people do it neither with vids from youtube growers.

Good luck!

This TUT is gently de leafed. Just so light gets to the soon to be buds. Many more leaves are filling in now. I think gently is the operative word.
1588941-57376d7e82f4b25c21657375fc53dc88.jpg

Lollipop it and then you can get up under inside the canopy to trim out the fan leaves and bud sites that won't really develop...

Back
Top Bottom