Is this ready for harvest?

tamales

IMG_20160807_232340.jpg
IMG_20160807_2323491.jpg
IMG_20160807_232349.jpg

Are these top buds ready for harvest? The hairs are orange and no longer white.

My first impression is no. Do you have access to a magnifying glass, microscope, or a loupe? You would look at the trichromes on the buds and smaller leaves. Your looking for them to turn amber in color. Maybe 25 - 30% amber and the rest clear/cloudy.

She's also ready when she slows down on water consumption, the hairs will start to recede, fan leaves will start to yellow.

You're doing a great job. Don't harvest her too early now. :cheer:

Agree she looks like she can go longer, but the real test as mentioned
by the others is the Trichome color, I shoot for 50/50 amber before harvest

Thank you, masonman! You give great advice and insight. The local store nay have the proper magnifying glass. Here's to hoping as I'm living rurally. :)

IMG_20160818_113419.jpg
IMG_20160818_113223.jpg
IMG_20160818_114508.jpg

There's a few leaves on top that are now drying brown rather than turning yellow. The buds on top are not getting much bigger and the hairs are turning brown. It seems as though it is less crystalised yet the trichomes are not amber. I cut out some leaves full of cloudy trichomes and added it to the oil my potatoes were cooking in. The high was ideal, but I don't know if that means the buds are ready to be cut. I am hoping that if I cut the top, the little buds in the between and at the bottom of the plant will get bigger. Perhaps the plant is focusing too much on top? In the pictures provided, I show the tiny bud far from the top that looks like less than a gram. A picture of a weltering leaf near the top is also exhibited.

Without magnification it is hard to tell. I'd say wait.

The lower buds that don't get very big we call "popcorn buds".

Most growers will cultivate their plants in a manner that largely avoids them forming. They draw energy away from the tops which will get much bigger. (see pictures of my plant below)

The leaf curling kind of looks like she is being watered too much. She really doesn't like have her feet wet all the time.

You're getting close. Be patient. You're doing a great job!!! When she is ready, she will stop forming new white hairs. Hairs will turn red/brown and recede back to the bud. She will slow down drinking water. And, of course, the trichromes will turn amber.

DSCN039711.jpg
DSCN039810.jpg
DSCN039911.jpg
DSCN040010.jpg

Woah! How do you get it tree like? Mine resembles Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. Is there a time when a plant is too old to turn tree like? I have a plant just starting to form popcorn buds.

I use a jeweller's loupe and on very few areas is there amber on the plant I originally posted about.

Pictures on their way.

IMG_20160908_034055.jpg
IMG_20160908_034210.jpg

I read it takes two weeks for cloudy to turn amber. I wonder what the hold up is. Thankful the other plant has better lookin buds cuz these look off. I wonder if the less vibrant coloured stems mean amber is approaching.

Again, thank you for your sound advice.

Woah! How do you get it tree like? Mine resembles Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. Is there a time when a plant is too old to turn tree like? I have a plant just starting to form popcorn buds.

I use a jeweller's loupe and on very few areas is there amber on the plant I originally posted about.

Pictures on their way.

Most of the training should be done before the plant goes into flower. When/if you grow another plant and want to share your grow with us, we'll be here to help you train her for what would work best for lighting and environment. The techniques I used are topping, LST, supercrop. You could search any of those terms here or google if you'd like to know more. I'd love to explain each in detail, but it's time for bed. Gotta work in the morning....

I read it takes two weeks for cloudy to turn amber. I wonder what the hold up is. Thankful the other plant has better lookin buds cuz these look off. I wonder if the less vibrant coloured stems mean amber is approaching.

Again, thank you for your sound advice.

Have patience. Buds tend to put on more weight in the last couple weeks. Try not to harvest her too early. Keep us updated with pictures and how many amber trichromes you're seeing. We'll help you harvest her when it's the best time for you. :tokin:

You're doing a fantastic job. You're gonna be so happy with the results. :circle-of-love:

I'm off to bed... Good night T

Back
Top Bottom