JakeWilde's OG Cheese - Clone First Grow - 150W HPS - Soil

I've been toiling with duplicating my space with another tent the same size to keep a steady flow. I was going to make one a veg tent and one a flower tent. I was going to see if I can keep a Mother alive because those clones were expensive. I have money, but I would like to keep it. hehe

I have the 150W HPS that does 16000 lumens with 6x1300 lumen cfl 6500k vegging the plants now. I'm wondering what light to get for the second tent. I was having trouble looking online but I didn't want a 1000w for a 24x36x64 either. That would be a bit overkill.

The HPS works well for both flowering and vegging, but is geared more for flowering I thought. I'm going to check through the forums if anyone knows of a good inexpensive vegging light I guess.

This light looks about perfect for the space.

100x3w led grow light

The reflector series is a damn good light for cheap. There's a few growers on here that have used different versions of the reflector LEDs with great results. I have nothing but good things to say about TopLED. Are there better LEDs out there? Sure, but it's real hard to beat a proven LED for roughly $100 shipped!

I want to thank you for the amount of help you have given me. I have altered my grow with the nuances you have suggested and each time I am coming out the better for it. I wanted to do this journal so I had guidance and if it doesn't seem like I'm listening, you can bet I really am and appreciative to boot.

That last FIM has all the lower branches now catching up so you can see all the tops starting to emerge. I used water only one last time before I get back to a slow and steady nute regimen alternated with water only.

I can't say I'm unhappy with the results of the 150W HPS w/ cfl boosters. The plants are looking beastie for 20 days. I just figured looking at a wide range of reviews, I can lessen temps in the tents and accentuate yield a small bit with the new led lights. I'm finishing this grow as started and am ordering the second set up so I'm probably getting 2 of those lights and I can upgrade them later. I figured that may get me closer to my goals of a steady high quality harvest rotation.

Day 23

A friend super cropped the main colas and it has already recovered. He said I'll have to support them later which I have the material to do when they get heavier. I switched it over to flower this morning with a 12/12 light cycle and switched out the 6 cfls to the 2700k spectrum.

I also fed them for the first time in 9 days. As Buck pointed out they were a bit heavy with nitrogen and seem to have shrugged it off. Some leaf tips are curled due to space, but I was watching this especially close and any inner leaves not pressed on walls looked ok.
both-day23_flower1_b.jpg
both-day23_flower1_a.jpg

Hiya jack wild!!! :ganjamon: I stumbled across this thread and was amaze by your girls progress! Well anywho ill be ollowing this threa closely as I am not accustomed to clones yet ( always have gone straight from seed), and you have the almost exact same setup as me.
But happy growing and good luck mate!:goodjob:

Hiya jack wild!!! :ganjamon: I stumbled across this thread and was amaze by your girls progress! Well anywho ill be ollowing this threa closely as I am not accustomed to clones yet ( always have gone straight from seed), and you have the almost exact same setup as me.
But happy growing and good luck mate!:goodjob:

I wouldn't know the first place to get seeds, but seeing everyone's nice grows I think it'd be cheaper. I'm going to duplicate my setup and I have a tiny tent for my cloner coming also. I was going to these lengths just to save some cash because those clones cost $30 each. I was going to buy two of a different strain for the new tent so I have some variety. Thanks for stopping by man!

Thanks a lot Buck!

I just switched these plants to flower so it was 23 days vegging. I feel a bit early, but I have 3 feet of plant in a 5 foot space. The light makes me lose about 10 inches so that gives me around 14" maybe a tad more for flowering. With this being my first run, I wasn't sure how much upward growth I'd get with a 50-60 day flowering cycle. It looks like I should have something in that amount of time though. I'm not sure if it is my anxiousness or the fact that I don't feel they can grow up a lot more.

Thanks a lot on the seed info also. I didn't see them in there when I was perusing those particular forums. I've bought the new set up with the LED light and everything should be here soon so I want a good sativa going in the new tent and you sir made that happen more easily for me. :)

I should have my new set up in a week. It is all ordered and on the way. I got some Auto Candy Kush from Herbie's so I'm close to being ready to have the simultaneous grows. It is too bad I didn't want to use the garage for larger grow space, but it has no water or real heating and CO. can get snowy and cold. hehe

Edit: I believe these OG Cheese are doing as well as they are because of having the HPS and CFL. I'd be really curious to see a comparable grow with the HPS only. That is over 8k lumens of 6500k spectrum coupled with the 16000 lumens off the HPS. Oh, of course they're sloppy, but I'll get better with plant finesse as time passes.

Day 25 start of 3rd day of flowering:

I wanted to test the camera for some close ups and get some close ups of the canopy to gauge growth in the first stages of flower to harvest.

I've still basically been watering/feeding/water/feed etc. Temps are 71 to 81 for the flowering phase.
both-day25-flower3.jpg
canopy-day25-flower3_c.jpg
canopy-day25-flower3_b.jpg
canopy-day25-flower3_a.jpg

I cut the first lower fan leaf yesterday. It was turning brown in a couple areas where soil got on it. All other leaves look completely healthy. I was looking at pruning methods for defoliation and am tucking leaves for now. I really don't know what I'm doing, but a lot of good journals said it isn't necessary to cut them off especially if you have healthy fan leaves. I'm keeping a close eye on any leaves changing colors or showing any signs of stress per the chart on this site.

I cut the first lower fan leaf yesterday. It was turning brown in a couple areas where soil got on it. All other leaves look completely healthy. I was looking at pruning methods for defoliation and am tucking leaves for now. I really don't know what I'm doing, but a lot of good journals said it isn't necessary to cut them off especially if you have healthy fan leaves. I'm keeping a close eye on any leaves changing colors or showing any signs of stress per the chart on this site.

Good call. Take a look at this video about lollipopping your plants when you get a chance. It's a good way to clean up your plants while focusing your plant's energy/resources on the top colas: [video]

I had an apple tree. lol I was looking at the grow guide on the site also, some of those threads are heated. I'm def going to lollipop the 2nd grow. I'm too late now unless I did it yesterday. I'm going to megacrop some clones from the lower areas for a friend though 2 weeks in flower.

I did my lollipopping throughout my flower period so far with no ill effects, but I'm also doing it slowly every few days unlike this guy in the vid who went chop suey with the shears. I know there's some debate around the internet on when to do it, but it's hard to tell what's correct since everyone has their own personal preference. At least, you'll definitely get some clones

Back
Top Bottom