JakeWilde's OG Cheese - Clone First Grow - 150W HPS - Soil

With the training of your plants. I'd say you might be OK for height restrictions. Good work :D Its going to get exciting from here and next 2.5 weeks

I'm in. Looking good bro. I can't believe how quickly they grew!
You've seen my journal... I'm using 2 lamps. Both are dual spectrum blue/red HPS.
They have been under these bulbs since the start of veg.
I've done perpetual grows in the past, taking clones and using 2 grow areas. For flowering I used a 250W red spectrum HPS and for veg I just used a 4 foot cfl reflector hood with 8 blue spectrum tubes glowing in it.. It always worked like a charm for vegging.
Anyways. Count me in. I love this forum story, I have learned so so so much from it. And as you say, I'm really enjoying the science of it.

Peace yo!

I bet you're excited to get all that new gear. I smell a perpetual grow journal coming from you soon.

I want to finish this one after its harvest and close it and start a perpetual grow. This is such a great way to become better at it with everyone here that helps. I'm going to donate to 420 tomorrow just for helping so much. I feel guilty now with the amount of info I've gleaned from everyone and the site.

With the training of your plants. I'd say you might be OK for height restrictions. Good work :D Its going to get exciting from here and next 2.5 weeks

Thanks lexblaze. I ended up defoliating some yesterday. I did a weak lollipop because I didn't want to stress the plant too much. I still ended up cutting a lot, more than I'd have ever thought from just the lower part with only the huge dark leaves and ones you know aren't producing. I'm waiting for them to wake up in an hour to feed and check them over for stress and recovery.

Thanks for stopping by Truck and GeminiKid, I appreciate the company.

I am going to try to train what I can to max yield. Just keep the suggestions coming, because I appreciate it a lot. I was going to feed this morning but as I was mixing the ph the cap flew off the container and sprayed the room with water. I cleaned it up and before I knew what I was doing, administered two cups of 6.5 ph balanced water only to one of the girls. I gave the other plant the same amount and resigned to feed tomorrow since it was just a small amount. Cheers!

Edit: The defoliation doesn't seem to have bothered them in the least. The branches seem like they did have some growth as a result though. I'll take pics tomorrow or the next day.

Day 28/Day 5 of 12/12

I was able to not screw up the feeding this morning. I started the flowering nutes per directions for the transition week.

10 ml BioThrive Bloom
5 ml CaMg+
10 ml BioRoot
2.5 ml BioBud
10 ml BioMarine

I guess they look ok. A bit sloppy like I said before, but I'm patient and am more interested in having a solid grow under my belt than how pretty it is or how well I can finesse it. I will be happy as long as they go to harvest and produce some smooth toking. - I took Buckswope's advice to lollipop it a bit and I'm not sure if you can tell in the following pics, but I cut off a lot more than I expected just of the lower leaves.
both-day28-flower5_a.jpg
both-day28-flower5_b.jpg
canopy-day28-flower5_b.jpg
canopy-day28-flower5_a.jpg

Day 29 /Day 6 of 12/12

There is not much to report, but the future colas are starting to define themselves more and the frequency of pistils are growing. I cut a small amount of fan leaves that were mature and blocking future bud sites. I'm slowly grooming things for specific observations of plant reaction. I have watched so many great videos but to really know for myself I need to attempt it. Both plants were previously FIMd but I also supercropped one plant a while back and it reacted very well.

I also stirred the uppermost layer of soil gently with my hand. From all info I have seen, it helps to prevent mites and mold.

I was thinking about grabbing some Super Thrive, but I haven't seen much mention of it or I'm not looking the right places. If anyone that sees this and has an opinion on it, I would be most appreciative to hear it.

Day 30/Day 7 of 12/12

Things are still looking great. No signs of any stress and the pistils are poppin'. I cut a few more of the older darker green fan leaves at the lower portions of the plants. Temps are at 70 - 82 F from low to high. I've been watering each plant 1/2 gallon every 3 days still as they are drying out in that amount of time. I'm going to a feed/feed/water schedule with close plant observations for nute burn. I'm happy with their current progress even though I wish I'd have kept them lower with training. I'm hoping to keep the emerging colas in sync with a little finesse.

Day 31/ Day 8 of 12/12

I fed the girls this morning and they are still looking good. I can't keep my butt out of the tent when the lights are on, but they don't seem to dislike my affections. I sang to them while feeding and I think one winked at me. :circle-of-love:

The canopy is looking better every day, but I really don't want them to get too much taller. I have about ten good inches yet for them to grow, but 45-47 days flowering left.
canopy-day31-flower8_c.jpg
canopy-day31-flower8_b.jpg
canopy-day31-flower8_a.jpg
both-day31-flower8_b.jpg
both-day31-flower8_a.jpg

Bro, i am super jealous for the diversify of the Indica in the west.

We ve plenty of Sativa but no Indica and the height is just night mare. 3 plants of mine been growing for 2.5months from seed and now they re almost 2M .I snap it now for the second time but it seem to ve no problem with the snap. Everytime strong light come, it just rise it self toward the light and stay there. They don't bend down no more even i snapped them.

Bro, i am super jealous for the diversify of the Indica in the west.

We ve plenty of Sativa but no Indica and the height is just night mare. 3 plants of mine been growing for 2.5months from seed and now they re almost 2M .I snap it now for the second time but it seem to ve no problem with the snap. Everytime strong light come, it just rise it self toward the light and stay there. They don't bend down no more even i snapped them.

Is it because of your growing environment? I can't even imagine the trees you've got going outdoors. If you ever want to mix it up with some indicas, depending on your budget, you could always order from one of the seed banks that advertise here.

Is it because of your growing environment? I can't even imagine the trees you've got going outdoors. If you ever want to mix it up with some indicas, depending on your budget, you could always order from one of the seed banks that advertise here.

I would give them a try Thai if you have the chance bro. Eager for my seeds to get here.

Day 32/Day 9 of 12/12

I am starting to become really concerned over what is left for my height to grow. These two plants are growing so fast that I have to tie them down and soon. They grew a lot in the last two days and I don't think I was expecting them to continue upward growth in booms during flowering. They're continuing to flower and I'm happy with 9 days of flowering, but I didn't really expect them to boom past normal height for it's stage.

I think I can squeeze another good 6 inches with tying them down.

Day 32/Day 9 of 12/12

I am starting to become really concerned over what is left for my height to grow. These two plants are growing so fast that I have to tie them down and soon. They grew a lot in the last two days and I don't think I was expecting them to continue upward growth in booms during flowering. They're continuing to flower and I'm happy with 9 days of flowering, but I didn't really expect them to boom past normal height for it's stage.

I think I can squeeze another good 6 inches with tying them down.

Ya man, gotta be careful with the stretchhhhh. Mine kept going for about 2.5 weeks into flower before they finally stopped. Reason why is because they're getting accustom to the new light cycle so naturally they stretch to find the nearest light source

Back
Top Bottom