Jandre2k3's Darly Project

This project makes me happy. Then reading your words about 'sowing the seeds of love' makes me like it, and you, even more! :Namaste:

Heheh! Well, glad to hear that you like me! You really like me! :rofl:

No really, I'm glad that you liked it... Hopefully, someone will see that and it will change the way their day was going for the better.

I missed alot. This project of yours is really takin off since i last been over here. 8-9 fan leaves at such an early age on an inside grow :thumb:

Those are something special I tell ya. Something very special. :)

:love::circle-of-love::thanks:
DSCN06676.JPG

eleven

WizHigh: Thank you!! hehe, I just had to post that one. I'm a proud papa.

Hash Hound:
I have the full line. Not using them all at once, obviously...

Here's what going on right now:

I will hold off going to Crazy Growth until they get quite a bit larger. They can handle it, but I'm trying to keep them small, until I see the sex of what's here. Bonsai the main plants, flower the clones after a 30-45 day veg period. On the main plants, I will be doing some root trimming to keep them as small as I can. These sativas are getting big- definite outdoor strains.

I'll also go down to 1.5 tsp/5 gal of the root magic only once a month. Once inoculated, the fungi stays in the root zone. The only reason I will spike it once a month is to keep the good fungi in high population to keep any bad fungi from gaining a hold.

i really dont use the liquid sea weed in the res. That stuff clogges the air stones quick. I guess it makes the water heavier. I do a top feed with it like every other week.

You know... if you have hydroton (expanded clay) in your trays up top in an Ebb & Flow, you don't need air stones. I removed the air stones about 8 months ago from my reses and they're doing just fine. That's thanks to a tip from Xlr8.

You know... if you have hydroton (expanded clay) in your trays up top in an Ebb & Flow, you don't need air stones. I removed the air stones about 8 months ago from my reses and they're doing just fine. That's thanks to a tip from Xlr8.

That idiot?! Why would you listen to him? ;)

Glad it helped, and especially glad to hear it's been working well!

Hey man. That's pretty douchey of you to say. Get to know the Guy first. He's "ok" ;)

You know... That "IDIOT" as you call him is a valuable asset to anyone here wanting to grow in an Ebb & Flow style hydroponic set-up. You really should watch your tone, there, or I'm sure he'll be glad to wipe the floor with you. If he doesn't, I surely WILL!

Hey man. That's pretty douchey of you to say. Get to know the Guy first. He's "ok" ;)
YEah!! Can you believe that guy? sheesh!! Some people, man...

Wiz how do you get clogging issues in a 5 gallon dwc bubbler?
i agree it can be a bit of a pain in the ass to do res changes but you can have plants on different time frames allowing you to have a perpetual harvest if timed right or if enough going at once
on the minimal side maybe one a month with more you can have 1 a week thats alot more tho

Im not set up in a ebb & flow. Im using a 5 gallon bubble bucket. I want ot stay with hydro but I think i need to switch to something with an easier way to change the res and less hassle with clogging. I guess the ebb flow and grow would be the best huh?!
I've got a tut on setting up an Ebb & Flow in my blogs if you wanna take a look. All you'd need from where you are now is to toss the air pump, get a water pump, and a timer, some hose, and a fill basin with bulkheads. That gives you a remote res that you don't have to remove the plant from to change the nutes, check EC, check pH, add this, or that... Plus, it makes flushing a breeze!! Nute bucket out, empty bucket in, and start pouring the water though the top, and gravity does all the work.

A system with separate Ebb & Flow trays with remote reses, like I have ,to me has the advantage over Flo-n-Gro with one central res and several feeder buckets, like Xlr8 has. My thoughts on this is that I can run plants with different finish times, and at different stages of life, all with different nute concentrations, rather than having 8 buckets, all on the same nutes. I mean you already have a bunch of 5Gal buckets, re-purpose them for remote reservoirs!

Wiz how do you get clogging issues in a 5 gallon dwc bubbler?
i agree it can be a bit of a pain in the ass to do res changes but you can have plants on different time frames allowing you to have a perpetual harvest if timed right or if enough going at once
on the minimal side maybe one a month with more you can have 1 a week thats alot more tho
Clogged air stones are a pain in the ass.

As far as running perpetually, in my little 2x4x4 box, I have 2 completely separate ebb & Flow systems, each with their own remote res. If you saw the last experiment in The Cardboard Box, I alternated sides (A & B) and finished each side individually. I had a final flush going in Side B and full flower nutes going in Side A. This can, given the right finishing times, provide for a harvest every month of up to 4 oz. The biggest advantage is that I can choose to run SOG, as high as 12 plants per side, or like what I'm doing now, ScrOG, with 1 plant per side... I don't have to change a damn thing with the system in order to do that. :cheesygrinsmiley: I just place as many, or as few as I want. Easy as falling on your ass.

The only downside I see is you're cleaning the expanded clay after each run, but isn't there expanded clay in a bubble bucket, too?

expert tip: DO NOT USE BLEACH!! When cleaning a porous material such as expanded clay, bleach can infiltrate all the way inside the clay making removal very difficult, and almost impossible to get it all. This can introduce your new plants to a high concentration of chlorine, which can be deadly to most plants.

:byebye:

nice project, i hope it yields well
Right now it's not as much about max yield as it is a nice even harvest that I can present to the family for testing and get feedback as to what they'd like to have blended into the final product.

Thank you for the good vibes though. This one is kinda nerve wracking for me.

Back
Top Bottom