Jandre2k3's Maternity Ward Lamb's Bread

re: Jandre2k3's Maternity Ward Lamb's Bread

042112075608.jpg

Okay Folks. I'm sorry to say it but this little lady is on notice. Her days are numbered. You'll see why in a few seconds.

I have these pics to show you. The first two are of the plant I brought home 02-22-2012. She has been topped once to try to bush her out. She has also given 5 clones to try to make her a little better in the branch strength arena. To this day, she only looks like this:

And now as compared to the other three plants in the Maternity Ward:

Of which the Purple Widow was acquired the same day.

Spindly, wiry, sparse, weak limbs. I will clone her out 1 more time, while waiting the required (self) 28 days in quarantine of Purple Cindy, and then she goes to the flower bin in Phase 4 of the Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3- 41 Week Perpetual SOG - Blue Planet Nutrients

So sad that she didn't perform better, I was really looking forward to this being a strong sativa mother. C'est la vie

Bummer Brother, I was really rooting for her too...

I know I only told you guys about it yesterday, but, y'know, in the week after I told her that her days were numbered, she's started to grow stronger. She actually has stopped growing up as much as growing thicker branches now. Today I noticed that the new growth that was very wispy and thin, no bigger than 1mm for the last 15 to 20cm of the top branches have nearly doubled in width, and she only put on about 4cm in length this week. Which is the exact opposite of what she HAS been doing for the past 2 months, adding length, a total of about 25cm and no strength to her branches. It was almost like she was stretching. I had to keep moving her light up because she kept getting too close, even. 1cm away, I'd move it about 4cm, and wake up the next day and she's damn near touching again, so I'd raise it up a bit so it wouldn't burn her when it came on. But in this past week, she's almost stopped upward growth and is working on strength. Finally today, her tops stopped spinning in the fan's wind and is just standing there barely holding still.

Oh well happens. You could try cutting her back. Alot and she might thicken up abit. She does look alittle well maybe alot lanky. I hate plants like that. But it 'might' be a contender for a scrog huh? Give ya a plant you could train to go around in circles under a screen. Well I do understand about having to cull a plant or two. I'm like alot here and don't like to waste my time with a ugly plant. Once they start to flower tho, there is no such thing as a ugly flower.
Keepem Green

Actually, I'm going to have to keep her probably. Her replacement suffered major damage during our camping trip and might not make it. I will be taking cuttings from all of the maternity ward plants. A LOT of cuttings, and that should bush even the sativas very well. We'll see how things go after that.

One more thingis that strain is what 100% sativa. It looks alot like my Ajran's Haze I got going. You'd be supprised how much wieght them spindely little stems can carry. What I'd be worried about is all that space between nodes. It's got all the sun it needs and has that much space between. I see a nightmare if you don't have enough room. The one I have I'm going to Scrog it. That way I can use this massive growth. I just need to figgure the right size screen. But check out this U-Tube on it.
Green House Arjan's Haze #2 Grow with Italian Subtitles - YouTube
This ones sure got the looks of a monster don't she?
Looking Good tho. If ya clone that Lambs Bread and then top the hell out of it it might stay workable. Have you grown out these before? GL Keepem Green

Hmmmm.. I see some LST work for Lamb's Bread in the future if she proves to be good smoke. Yeah, she was originally a landrace, but was inbred and self crossed to keep the strain pure, but weed out undesirable variations. so yeah 100% pure sativa, crossed with nothing.

General Information
Type: Landrace Jamaican Sativa
Genetics: Jamaican Sativa
GeographicOrigin: Jamaica
Seed Company/Clone: Seed versions have been released by Dutch seedbanks, but the real landrace varieties still exist
Description: A legendary Sativa popularized by the likes of Bob Marley and Peter Tosh, Lamb’s Bread (at times called “Lamb’s Breath” or “Lambsbread”) is thought to be a skunk variety but is wholly different, with an extremely uppy and creative Sativa effect.

History

Story: The term “lamb’s bread” is common in the Rastafarian religion, mentioned in many Reggae songs. As a slang term, it’s also common in Jamaica and simply means great ganja. Dutch cannabis seed banks have taken to calling the strain “Lamb’s Breath”, erroneously thinking that it was Jamacian patois being pronounced “bread” or “bred”.

Growing Information
Flowering Time: 9-10 weeks
Preferred Growing Medium: Known for being grown outdoors, Lamb’s Bread needs room to stretch if grown indoors.

Patient Expectations

Scent: Spicy, at times with a slightly putrid smell
Flavor: Spicy, but not particularly noteworthy
Effects: This strain is an extremely uplifting and cerebral Sativa, sparking the creative mind and making any daily activity more enjoyable. This is a true tropical Sativa and can come with feelings of anxiety and paranoia for some users, but for others, it’s an amazing breath of fresh air mentally, clearing the cobwebs out and refreshing the perspective.

My Journal Structure: Simplified.

1. I have my maternity Ward Plants that keep the information on the strain and all pertinent information on the individual plant. These are kept separate so I can rotate strains, but keep the information organized about all strains in the Flowerbox Tests. If a mother plant is removed from the test rotation, she is sent into flower and results of which are recorded into the central journal.

• Maternity Ward:

2. The Maternity Ward Feeds clones to my Experimental Flower Journals. All discussions about that individual grow with the various clones and/or a mother plant removed from rotation by flowering her out from the above is kept here.

• Cardboard Flower Box Tests

3. The Challenge: Cardboard Flower Box holds highlights from it all and is the central journal of it all. This is the culmination of each of the individual Maternity Ward

• Grow Matrix from all tests above and future.
  • Test results and conclusions of each test.
  • Evolution of the complete growing experience from the date I joined the sight.

4. Now, to keep all that in one, easy-to-access place, I have created a Blog with all the links to everywhere to which a person can subscribe, and receive any and all updates and new links, regardless of how many separate journals I have going. For that, look to my signature, and click "Jandre2k3's Links"

She's coming along nicely there Jandre. Turning into a nice little bush. Hard to tell with nothing to judge the hieght with in the pic's. Hey I got a seed called Lambo. I need to check into it a tad more. It was a freebie I just got. Hey my A-Haze didn't get as big as I hoped in the stretching department. But she is filling in her scrog pertty well. GL hey my friend and Keepem Green

09-01-2012

Okay, so today, I dragged the scope over to the box on a long ass USB cord to take a look at what was left in the box.

Did a Half/Top harvest on all 3 Lamb's Bread. These following pics ar just half of what was there, and there is a little less than this left in the box, trying to let the lower buds finish, and grow some.

2.64oz wet, and 10g very sticky trim for hash later... Here's hoping for no shrinkage on the buds. Well, not much anyway.

As always click-y da pic-y fo see um big laik da kine.

The last pic... They were ALL starting to amber all at once. I had to git'em out.

So, I found Lamb's Bread a dream to grow. In Veg it pretty much grows itself. Very nice structure, although it will outgrow your space very quickly, if not kept in check.

For a 100% Sativa, I expected some leggy growth, but dang this can really take over a flower box in a hurry. It is sort of predisposed to grow out in a mat, so it seems that this plant was grown for LST. I harvested this one in stages, and it seemed to be doing that Sativa start-stop windowed harvest times. Finishing at 70(10 weeks) days for the second harvest, this is a very fast pure sativa strain, considering I've had sativas go 98 days (14 weeks).

This LB, was grown strictly for anxiety, stress, and depression. And I must say that LB has that, hands down. VERY clean high, introspective, creative, comes on slow, gentle as a lamb, then it just keeps coming like a soft gentle spring rain. At its peak, it had me singing out loud, belting "Turn The Page" (Bob Seger's) in front of 12 people sitting around the campfire. Later, I picked up the bongos and started a drum circle, laughing at the kids dancing around the campfire under the waning full moon. Good times were had by all. When it left, it was as if Lady Lamb's Bread had never visited: No crash, no burn-out, just a feeling of bliss.

On inquiry the next morning, no one had any bad results to share, at all, and I even had some compliments. Even during the day, this one makes a good stress-off, and mood lift, without the racy, screaming, panic usually associated with a strong sativa. 2 hours later everyone was clear enough to drive to their respective places, leaving us there with the owner of the property, and silence.

A word of caution:
I quick-dried 3.5g so we would have something to share when we arrived and had the rest in a paper bag. The quick dry is something that should NEVER be done on this lovely lady. When you force her to perform before she's ready, she is very harsh in what she does, and it is over quickly, leaving you a bit disappointed. But the 3-day dry was much better, and had a good smooth smoke, and a little of a creeper high.

This mother is definitely going to stay with me for a long while, as she did exactly what I groomed her for... Depression was nil, stress melted away, and as you can tell from my singing outburst, anxiety was non-existent.

Sweet! Jandre's "City of tiny lights"

Do me a favor Jandre, once you try some of this herb for a cured bag Please let me know what ya thought of it? It's like wine onley gets better with age. Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom